Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is the Fiesta next in line for the stalling recall?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well...looks like the Focus got the recall for stalling....since others have had the issue with theirs maybe the FiST is next in line for the stalling/no start condition.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/ford-recalls-1-5m-vehicles

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm really hoping they do. I'm tired of that first few miles after fill-up and hoping there isn't a long stop light or the every 15 - 20 fill-up stall.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I guess I will worry about this as soon as Ford upgrades my car to a 2.0 liter engine.

"The recall covers about 1.5 million select 2012-2018 Ford Focus vehicles equipped with 2.0-liter GDI and 2.0-liter GTDI engines."

Dave

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Yeah, mine does that too. Annoying.
I'm really hoping they do. I'm tired of that first few miles after fill-up and hoping there isn't a long stop light or the every 15 - 20 fill-up stall.
Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

What year is yours and what is the problem exactly?
Stalling/stumbling when idling after getting gas. I usually don’t fill to the top and also wait to remove the nozzle. I have a 2014 but it’s not a year specific issue.

Since the first day i brought it home from the dealership I experienced idling issues after filling up and the occasional stalling out. Used to be very annoying but now I just learned to live with it, hopefully we will see some recalls.

SST

anyone knows whats the problem behind it? i had similar issue, but never actually stall, just really low rpm

me32

1000 Post Club
Well...looks like the Focus got the recall for stalling....since others have had the issue with theirs maybe the FiST is next in line for the stalling/no start condition.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/ford-recalls-1-5m-vehicles

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Its not the same issue as the fiesta. What should be recalled from ford from the federal government is the emissions cel from the evap issues that the fusions and fiesta have.. that cause a stall or fluctuation in the cars idle at a stop