Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314

Thread: Cheapest way to get +50HP?
44 Likes

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    It's most definitely an insert not a replacement. I mean hell on their UK website it has it listed as a insert and shows you inserting it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Senior Member 280 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koozy View Post
    based on end user experiences the rubber band does not take well to the surrounding heat and deteriorates. A zip tie, wire tie, etc would probably be better at keeping the insert in place.

Lube is not necessary, some put it as a preference to prevent any possible squeaks and noises. As far as debating whether it's an insert or replacement, I give up. If you believe and say it's a replacement, you win, it's a replacement.
    Well, PowerFlex's own wording is confusing, they say "replaces parts #" and "replaces" in the description but also that "works with the stock rubber" too... but I'm glad I stacked them in there with upgraded bolt for the performance reasons, I still believe it could very well be used on it's own for less vibes, but thought that there was maybe a good reason you reacted so strongly like it's been done and was bad or something. No worries, always happy to hear different opinions man, cheers!
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

Senior Member 280 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ford ST View Post
    It's most definitely an insert not a replacement. I mean hell on their UK website it has it listed as a insert and shows you inserting it.
    It most definitely can be used on it's own. It's thicker and stronger than the stock one and unless you have had it in your hands then you can say for sure, to me it really is quite clear. It's almost like some enthusiast said "hey, I can stack them both in there for even more stiffness" and yeah I did it that way with the street version and it added 10x the vibes of my RMM. So I'm sticking to what's very clear and obvious but doesn't matter, can't change anyone's mind and it's pointless to argue, I just don't like being called out as some idiot when I'm not.
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

Senior Member 861 Rep Points koozy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheapest way to get +50HP?

The stock rubber ring is designed to fit perfectly in it's place. Note the difference in the contour of the aluminum shaft. The OE rubber fit's in the rectangle part, while the powerflex fits in the semi-circle rectangle. It's self evident that the powerflex obviously can't simply replace the OE rubber when the powerflex doesn't even fit in its place.

Note the powerflex center cut out is not rectangle, but semi circle and only fits in the lower portion of the shaft. Having just the powerflex insert on the lower portion without the OE rubber on the top portion is pointless and useless.

Here’s the OE rubber with its rectangle center that fits on the rectangle part of the shaft.

Last edited by koozy; 11-13-2018 at 03:00 AM.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    It most definitely can be used on it's own. It's thicker and stronger than the stock one and unless you have had it in your hands then you can say for sure, to me it really is quite clear. It's almost like some enthusiast said "hey, I can stack them both in there for even more stiffness" and yeah I did it that way with the street version and it added 10x the vibes of my RMM. So I'm sticking to what's very clear and obvious but doesn't matter, can't change anyone's mind and it's pointless to argue, I just don't like being called out as some idiot when I'm not.
    Honestly man I don't have much of a desire to argue with you either because you seem to know everything and always think that you're right when other people tell you that you're wrong. I just tend to ignore most of your post you don't need an intercooler, screw octane ethanol cooling affect, cheap parts, I put these on my car this is exactly what you need because I installed on my car. I don't care what you think because I still remember your little temper tantrum about the whole safety incident with backing up. Koozy knows a lot more than you. I could go on all day but it's pointless you always have your opinion already made up. I'm not the only one that feels this way because I had a discussion with somebody on private messaging and they labeled you as a God that seems to know everything not in a good way.

Member 78 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford ST View Post
    Honestly man I don't have much of a desire to argue with you either because you seem to know everything and always think that you're right when other people tell you that you're wrong. I just tend to ignore most of your post you don't need an intercooler, screw octane ethanol cooling affect, cheap parts, I put these on my car this is exactly what you need because I installed on my car. I don't care what you think because I still remember your little temper tantrum about the whole safety incident with backing up. Koozy knows a lot more than you. I could go on all day but it's pointless you always have your opinion already made up. I'm not the only one that feels this way because I had a discussion with somebody on private messaging and they labeled you as a God that seems to know everything not in a good way.

Yowzers
    2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST
    -Rally Armory Flaps-

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314