Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which year ST

dmb

Uh, no, no they can't just say you've been racing it and deny you engine and trans warranty for changing out your suspension, that's flat out illegal under Magnuson-Moss so please don't spread false information Dennis... But, you do raise a point, it would be nice to know the car history, but at such low miles and drivetrain warranty intact they really have very little to worry about.
Magnuson-Moss on used cars? I think it was the ford dealership, but I don't know, does it have a warranty I don't know that either. It's all about money and some places are not as honest or forthright, or they would have pointed out the coilovers in the first place. because they did inspect the car. I wish Joe the best and I hope his car is all he wants it to be. I wish my car came with coil overs too.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Magnuson-Moss on used cars? I think it was the ford dealership, but I don't know, does it have a warranty I don't know that either. It's all about money and some places are not as honest or forthright, or they would have pointed out the coilovers in the first place. because they did inspect the car. I wish Joe the best and I hope his car is all he wants it to be. I wish my car came with coil overs too.
Yes, because with Ford the warranty follows the car, even used, unlimited # of owners unlike the Hyundai/Kia 10/100k drops to 5/60k on second owner and no warranty on 3rd owner+.. so they wouldn't get a warranty on the coilovers, obviously, but anything else stock is covered provided it isn't tuned... so yeah, good for him, since he was buying his first FiST, he didn't realize it was lowered immediately upon seeing it like the rest of us would notice, but definitely a bonus. :)

dmb

That is really good to know! how many people get suckered into paying when they don't have to... I think I did at one time. and I have to apologize to Joe for talking out my ass and giving the wrong information. won't be the first or the last.

OP
JSWhaler
Thread Starter #24
It’s official. I just came home with my new 2017 ST. Got a great price. My monthly payments are the same for my cell phone. Lol

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It’s official. I just came home with my new 2017 ST. Got a great price. My monthly payments are the same for my cell phone. Lol
Now, time to find a better deal on the cell phone, LOL! Seriously, not sure how that's even possible, my cell phone for 4 people is 1/3rd of my car payment heh...

Don't consider...You know its right! Just like the First time with a bunch of other life situations that happen! Buy it....Try and resist modding it.....Then start with alittle because a RMM cant hurt anything...right? Then comes Whats that an access port from Cobb.....I can re-install and in-install when I go to the dealer! Why not? What's this e30 tune that everyone speaks of? Getting alittle Corny with your gas wont hurt anyone! Oh....Lordy a great Turbo has come up for sale to go faster.....I got money to burn! Buy it with all the supporting mods along the way.....
Wow...this is 100000% what happened to me. Like literally exactly what I did and am now precisely at the "check out all this money I've been saving...oh look a turbo" stage. Lol

Congrats on the car OP. Post pics!

OP
JSWhaler
Thread Starter #28
Yup mod bug. Ordered hitch mount (necessity for me as a cyclist), Cobb exhaust hangers,rally Armour mud flaps, and I’m sure more to come. Currently looking at winter tire/ wheels.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow...this is 100000% what happened to me. Like literally exactly what I did and am now precisely at the "check out all this money I've been saving...oh look a turbo" stage. Lol

Congrats on the car OP. Post pics!
I'm like the bankruptcy Attorney on Tv....I Do one thing and I Do it well!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yup, accesport, drop in filter, and rmm are now incoming.
On thing that is overlooked the most and I think is just as important as RMM is the passenger side engine mount insert... The street version is yellow so I swear that little slice of pineapple helped more than the RMM or traction bar. You can get it and the highly recommended bolt upgrade from Whoosh and is pretty easy to install.

Yes, because with Ford the warranty follows the car, even used, unlimited # of owners unlike the Hyundai/Kia 10/100k drops to 5/60k on second owner and no warranty on 3rd owner+.. so they wouldn't get a warranty on the coilovers, obviously, but anything else stock is covered provided it isn't tuned... so yeah, good for him, since he was buying his first FiST, he didn't realize it was lowered immediately upon seeing it like the rest of us would notice, but definitely a bonus. :)
When I inspected it at the dealership, I looked underneath at the rear suspension and noticed the locking nuts on the coils- I immediately thought that it wasn’t stock, but didn’t say anything. When I got it back to my shop, I jacked it up, pulled off the right rear wheel, and saw the BC Racing logos. I then opened the hood, and sure enough, the shock towers had the BC adjusters on them. That’s when I googled it, found the BC website and the product listed for the Fiesta.

I’ve since ordered and received a set of spanners, as obviously they didn’t come with the car. $25. I’m now going to check the preload on the rears, as I don’t think they were properly set up. Then I can adjust my ride height, if I decide to. Lots of experimentation with ride settings, etc., now on the horizon.

Installed the Euro lights Friday, I now have to modify the wiring harness to fun the DRLs.

That is really good to know! how many people get suckered into paying when they don't have to... I think I did at one time. and I have to apologize to Joe for talking out my ass and giving the wrong information. won't be the first or the last.
No worries!

God why do I read these threads? Paid $17,500 for a ‘17 magnetic base with 9k miles in Sept. Seems like everyone and their brother got a better deal. But I still love the car and grin ear to ear every time I toss it into a turn or stomp second gear. Enjoy the drive!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
When I inspected it at the dealership, I looked underneath at the rear suspension and noticed the locking nuts on the coils- I immediately thought that it wasn’t stock, but didn’t say anything. When I got it back to my shop, I jacked it up, pulled off the right rear wheel, and saw the BC Racing logos. I then opened the hood, and sure enough, the shock towers had the BC adjusters on them. That’s when I googled it, found the BC website and the product listed for the Fiesta.

I’ve since ordered and received a set of spanners, as obviously they didn’t come with the car. $25. I’m now going to check the preload on the rears, as I don’t think they were properly set up. Then I can adjust my ride height, if I decide to. Lots of experimentation with ride settings, etc., now on the horizon.

Installed the Euro lights Friday, I now have to modify the wiring harness to fun the DRLs.
Whoa, already have the Euro projectors, nice! Anyway, congrats on that deal again, it will definitely be fun dialing in those coilovers, I know that can be pretty flexible on both ride height and dampening.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
FordParts UK. You have to be sure and ask for the LHD version if you live in the USA, so the light cutoff will be on the correct side.
Yep, still a different style cutoff that's not legal either but at least it will be pedestrians on your right that will be blinded instead of the drivers coming at you. :)

onex-hid-cutoff-line-step-dot-ece-pattern-550x368.jpg

True. Those pedestrians that aren’t astute enough to momentarily look away.

I prefer the European pattern. Illuminates signage effectively. In fact, we were behind the Europeans until the mid eighties.

In 1983, the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 was amended to allow composite headlight assemblies to include replacement bulbs, a nonstandard shape, and aerodynamic lenses. Before that, we were mandated to have single 7” and dual 5-3/4” which were clearly inferior to what the foreign manufacturers were producing.

I wonder how many blind pedestrians there are in Europe?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
True. Those pedestrians that aren’t astute enough to momentarily look away.

I prefer the European pattern. Illuminates signage effectively. In fact, we were behind the Europeans until the mid eighties.

In 1983, the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 was amended to allow composite headlight assemblies to include replacement bulbs, a nonstandard shape, and aerodynamic lenses. Before that, we were mandated to have single 7” and dual 5-3/4” which were clearly inferior to what the foreign manufacturers were producing.

I wonder how many blind pedestrians there are in Europe?
Good point, our standards for what is legal is quite dated... Not to go off subject too far, but I suppose it's related to things a new FiST owner might want to know... but with our reflectors, they DO at least have an anti-glare cap built in too so that's why many of the newest properly designed LED's can work well, a tiny bit of glare above the cutoff will help light up signs up ahead nicely at the cooler color temp of LED.

Ford Community Posts