Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which year ST

Looks like I will most likely be joining the club however I am looking for some insights. I’ve worked out a pretty good deal with my local dealer for a new 17 ‘ they still have. However a dealer 2:30 hrs away made me an offer for the exact same car color etc but 2018 model for $1k more. Opinions? 17 vs 18 model year

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Looks like I will most likely be joining the club however I am looking for some insights. I’ve worked out a pretty good deal with my local dealer for a new 17 ‘ they still have. However a dealer 2:30 hrs away made me an offer for the exact same car color etc but 2018 model for $1k more. Opinions? 17 vs 18 model year
Yea, with literally the rear camera the only difference at all, not worth it, but with '19's out, should be deals on '18's now too, or get that '17 down even more.. What pricing with what options are you looking at?

OP
JSWhaler
Thread Starter #4
Both cars black with Recaro package. No other options. Under $20k.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Both cars black with Recaro package. No other options. Under $20k.
Then that's a good price, in Feb. I got mine with only $375 wheel option for $18,200 and Recaro package is $2000 alone and I got a good price... so it's a matter if you feel camera and year newer of less depreciation is worth it and I'm thinking it probably is worth years down the road, having that rear camera will help resale with it feeling "modern" with that feature... But if you plan on keeping it many years then there are zero other mechanical upgrades so maybe can get an even bit better deal on the '17. Good luck and let us know what happens!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

OP
JSWhaler
Thread Starter #6
Just came back from dealerships. The price is good but they both have added fees which are way high and giving me horrible $ on my trade in. I hate dealerships.

Found mine on Cargurus.com in Pa. about 600 miles away. $6700 off list price. Got a new 17 with everything but the Recaros [my oversized frame don't fit] for $17,900 Some people only buy local. Or there money grows on trees. But to save that kind of money. I would do it again in a second. I called dealerships all over the country. Ask about there fees. My dealer fees total was $175

OP
JSWhaler
Thread Starter #8
Dealership got back to me with another offer. Seriously considering now.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I got my ordered 18 Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros Ebony wheels for $19,678 before tax and lic. In July.

Seriously if you are looking at 17 there better be a steep dscoun. Ar this point you are looking almost two years value depreciation even if it is new.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I got my ordered 18 Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros Ebony wheels for $19,678 before tax and lic. In July.

Seriously if you are looking at 17 there better be a steep dscoun. Ar this point you are looking almost two years value depreciation even if it is new.
Exactly, the '17+ are all identical mechanically, but for no rear camera, which will be considered a modern feature to have AND a year more of depreciation, they should be discounting it at least $1000 less than an '18... Hope it works out for OP, glad he is playing hard ball with the dealer!

dmb

Call around for the out the door price, they will tell you to come on in. that's when they try to hook you. play them against each other. Have them E mail you so they can't re-neg.

OP
JSWhaler
Thread Starter #13
I’ve reached an agreement with my local dealership on a new 2017. Assuming all is good, Tuesday I go back to get my car.

You’ll love it! I just bought a used 17 with 13K on it with platinum white and red caliper/black wheel upgrade, no Recaros for $14,999. Got home and discovered it had BC Racing coilovers. $1200 bonus! Sometime it pays to buy used!

dmb

You’ll love it! I just bought a used 17 with 13K on it with platinum white and red caliper/black wheel upgrade, no Recaros for $14,999. Got home and discovered it had BC Racing coilovers. $1200 bonus! Sometime it pays to buy used!
if you have a warranty take it back and show it to them, dealers have been known to weezel out of take backs. at least e mail your findings.

dmb

and if your motor or trans blows up they can point to the coil overs and say you have been racing it. but you say they were their when I bought it, and they say no they were not. then you show the e mail...what did you think, they would take them off after you bought the car? but no warranty no worry, but if I bought a 13k mile car and it had coil overs with out a warranty I'd like to talk to the former owner, just for piece of mind. 15k is a lot of money for me. I wish you good things with your new car I was just trying to give you advise Dennis

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dealership got back to me with another offer. Seriously considering now.
Don't consider...You know its right! Just like the First time with a bunch of other life situations that happen! Buy it....Try and resist modding it.....Then start with alittle because a RMM cant hurt anything...right? Then comes Whats that an access port from Cobb.....I can re-install and in-install when I go to the dealer! Why not? What's this e30 tune that everyone speaks of? Getting alittle Corny with your gas wont hurt anyone! Oh....Lordy a great Turbo has come up for sale to go faster.....I got money to burn! Buy it with all the supporting mods along the way.....Got the final puzzle piece....Now look what you have done my fellow FiSTer.....you have become Me...Without all the MEME's though....I am king! Is this your bush? Are you king of the Forest?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
and if your motor or trans blows up they can point to the coil overs and say you have been racing it. but you say they were their when I bought it, and they say no they were not. then you show the e mail...what did you think, they would take them off after you bought the car? but no warranty no worry, but if I bought a 13k mile car and it had coil overs with out a warranty I'd like to talk to the former owner, just for piece of mind. 15k is a lot of money for me. I wish you good things with your new car I was just trying to give you advise Dennis
Uh, no, no they can't just say you've been racing it and deny you engine and trans warranty for changing out your suspension, that's flat out illegal under Magnuson-Moss so please don't spread false information Dennis... But, you do raise a point, it would be nice to know the car history, but at such low miles and drivetrain warranty intact they really have very little to worry about.