Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Rochester NY

I just wanted to throw out a quick intro as I've been lurking for a bit and just made my first post.

I'm talking with a few dealers right now and looking to pick up a new base FiST for $18k +tax+tag+title in the next few days to replace my aging Audi A3.

I'm a car enthusiast and racecar driver / team co-owner in the champcar series. To fine out more about my team click here: https://www.facebook.com/tandaracing/

My interest came from driving the FiST, focus ST, and ecoboost mustang a bunch of years back at a Ford event. I knew right away the FiST was the only one I would ever own if I did.

My current fleet is a 2008 corvette with suspension work, 1989 BMW E30 325i with a E36 M50 motor swap and an endless list of mod, and an APR stage 2 audi that has almost 190k on it and needs to go as it's really starting to get sketchy.

Assuming I don't bail on the idea and go lease a new GTi my plans are:
- cobb tune after a few miles on it
- aftermarket heated seat inserts
- ceramic coating
- rear mount (that looks to be weak area)
- intercooler to support tune

I'm sure it will spiral out of control from there, but this is meant to be my winter car, so I'm going to try to exercise some self control this time. :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran

This one's official

Dave

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #5
So for anybody reading, I'll give you my update after test driving last night. This is also to help me figure out what I'm thinking by putting it down and to look back on later.

The dealer gave me a car with 15 miles on it and let me go solo only requesting I don't put too many miles on it.

I jumped in, moved the seat until my feet felt right on the pedals, then adjusted the steering wheel to what felt right. Pulling away, I felt like the shifter was a little hard to reach, I had to pull my shoulder forward a little (I'm 5'10" average build).
The stock exhaust was quiet and a little more buzzy than I would like, the suspension felt great for what I like from a street car. Next I felt weird about the little windows in front of the front doors and how big and square the windshield felt. Especially compared to my corvette which is like looking through a mail slot at first. I rowed a few gears and got onto a highway. The car felt larger and more planted than I expected, I really liked how it cruised at 80mph without feeling stressed.

I took the first exit and hit a couple mildly windy roads. The tires chirped a little and I felt the motor move as I selected a gear, the rear mount upgrade is a must I can tell. The rev hang sucks. I feel like I wanted to be a little lower in my seat and lower to the road and for the car to have more "weight" in its feel like I'm used to in my Audi. It's not a big deal and I think I can adjust and modify to what I want without spending a whole lot. A deeper but not louder exhaust would be really nice, possibly asking for too much here. The headrests are weird, but I'm comfy overall unless reaching for the shifter. I miss having the 320ft/lbs of torque in my audi or 400+ in my corvette, but I feel how light the car is, almost feels lighter than my BMW race car (it's heavier) but I know I can throw this little car around with quick direction changes and it will feel great. I want to take it to limerock of all the tracks I know because I imagine it will feel perfect there like an old integra racecar I used to run.

After returning the car, I got back in my Audi to drive home. The heavy feeling and torque make me feel like I've traded a chef's knife for an old reliable sledgehammer. This is a tough choice but the old Audi has to go.

I think what will likely make me buy the Fiesta ST is ultimately not how great it is, but a feeling that cars like this won't be made ever again. A 2600lb car with a 6 speed manual and 200HP at a good price. Also that it reminds me of the turbo hondas (and others) from the late 90s/early 2000s. I miss those days and those cars.

So lets see what happens, I might buy one this weekend. [raceflag]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome,

I remember going to the dealership in my tc Kline equpped E36 M3 and test driving a Focus ST and then the Fiesta ST . It was like a revelation! It much reminded me of my early days of driving where I cut my chops in a Datsun 510. I came away feeling I had had the most fun driving in years.
Yup 2018 Orange Spice here now. After the test drive it was obvious I had to have one.

Last edited:
OP
theblue
Thread Starter #7
Here it is! I picked up my new car this Saturday and already have 500 miles on it. So far I'm loving it. I played around with the seating position and now I'm happy with everything there. Fuel economy is interesting so far. It doesn't want to return better than 29 on cruise at 79mph which is my preferred highway speed in 65 zones. This is likely because its at 3000 rpm which does put you in instant boost, a 7th gear would be nice. If I drop down to 69 mph it goes north of 30 mpg. This means my 6.2 liter V8 corvette does better on the highway LOL.

The springs are not very confidence inspiring for how fast the steering is. I almost feel like if I steer to quickly I'll roll the car before the tires start talking at higher speeds. Swift springs (or H&R sport) with OEM dampers might fix this, but maybe I should just spend more and go to coilovers and be done.

Here are a pic from delivery

45388079_10156671532191276_8613897314056011776_o.jpg

FocusMike

Congrats and welcome[lovest]

Here it is! I picked up my new car this Saturday and already have 500 miles on it. So far I'm loving it. I played around with the seating position and now I'm happy with everything there. Fuel economy is interesting so far. It doesn't want to return better than 29 on cruise at 79mph which is my preferred highway speed in 65 zones. This is likely because its at 3000 rpm which does put you in instant boost, a 7th gear would be nice. If I drop down to 69 mph it goes north of 30 mpg. This means my 6.2 liter V8 corvette does better on the highway LOL.

The springs are not very confidence inspiring for how fast the steering is. I almost feel like if I steer to quickly I'll roll the car before the tires start talking at higher speeds. Swift springs (or H&R sport) with OEM dampers might fix this, but maybe I should just spend more and go to coilovers and be done.

Here are a pic from delivery

View attachment 18786