Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My $3 poor man suede shift boot mod

SST

thought i would give this a try before spending bigger bucks on the redline leather shift boot, well worth the $3 i spend.

here is the link, i see other sellers for same product, i originally specific red insert, but they ship me with dark grey or black, but works for me, may order a red one next year

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1pc-Univers...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

installation is straight forward, i end up using the staples (not all) to secure it, the only cons i found from this shift boot is its shape symmetrical, so the front is a bit short, but still enough it wont show under the plastics piece.

2nd is, the stitching is not tailor made for our cars, so it won't look as good as the redline goods one. but for $3, i will keep my mouth shut

Attachments

I did the poor man suede steering wheel cover less than $8. It is not as bad as it looks. Took about 2 hours to do including taking out the steering wheel. Let see how well it will hold up.
IMG_0719.JPG

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did the poor man suede steering wheel cover less than $8. It is not as bad as it looks. Took about 2 hours to do including taking out the steering wheel. Let see how well it will hold up.
View attachment 18741
Is that an existing kit somewhere, or did you do everything yourself (procure and cut material, get thread, etc.)?

Is that an existing kit somewhere, or did you do everything yourself (procure and cut material, get thread, etc.)?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...var=671284738430&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I got the 36cm. I have to stretch a bit to get it around it. The thumb area is not fully covered, otherwise everything else is pretty straight forward. I did it a trial and error and the end result is not bad at all.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club