Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Winter Tire Size?

I've been reading through winter tire posts and am still going to ask. I am uncertain as to which size to purchase. A) 195-55-15 OR B) 185-60-15

Size A) is what is recommended by tire rack and is within .1" of stock overall size when I do the math out.
Size B) has a greater size difference than stock but seems to be recommended by a number of members.

Can someone please shed some light on the topic? Thank you

If you’re set on 15” rims, 185-60-15 is fine.

I went with 195-50-16 on the ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

I’m planning on running some 205/60/15 because I happen to have them sitting around. It really won’t matter that much. We are talk negligible changes on all of these.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I’m planning on running some 205/60/15 because I happen to have them sitting around. It really won’t matter that much. We are talk negligible changes on all of these.

Might rub. My 195/60-15 rubs time to time.

Should have ran 185/60r15 on some 15x6 wheels. Would have been good fitment and cheap. Not class leading traction but then again its winter with fwd boys.

OP
JSWhaler
Thread Starter #6
I’m looking at mounting them to some Sparco 15x 7 wheels

I’m looking at mounting them to some Sparco 15x 7 wheels
Sorry, I meant 185-60-15... I had some Altimax Arctics in that size on my previous Fiesta SES, also on Sparcos.. They did the trick just fine.

Though, come to think of it, they would’ve been Sparco Drifts, which were 15x6.5...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Might rub. My 195/60-15 rubs time to time.
Was that when you were at factory ride height, or once lowered (forgot your suspension setup now)?

My 195/60-15 on a 15x7 48ET Method rally wheel did not rub under ANY conditions whatsoever when I had them on for the trip up to NEFR, during the event while working it driving down the stage roads, nor on any of those mountain twisties getting to and from those gravel stage roads.

But I am still on a total factory suspension.

I went with 185/60R15 instead of 195/55R15 for the sole purpose that the Blizzak WS80 is not offered in the 195 size and I have had Blizzaks in the past and they are the best winter tire available in my opinion. If you're set on the 195, Michelin X-Ice is a good option as well.

Was that when you were at factory ride height, or once lowered (forgot your suspension setup now)?

My 195/60-15 on a 15x7 48ET Method rally wheel did not rub under ANY conditions whatsoever when I had them on for the trip up to NEFR, during the event while working it driving down the stage roads, nor on any of those mountain twisties getting to and from those gravel stage roads.

But I am still on a total factory suspension.
do you have pics of this setup? where did you get the wheels from and how much? I'm going to need winter wheels soon.

do you have pics of this setup? where did you get the wheels from and how much? I'm going to need winter wheels soon.
The Method wheels are on closeout at Tire Rack. They have a visualizer tool as well.

I just checked and they have "fewer than two" remaining. AKA one wheel left. [facepalm]
And they were a Tire Rack specific Fiesta spec. They also ran out of Sparco Drifts in 16” Fiesta spec, forcing me to buy Rota Grids off eBay. I’d imagine the already sparse Fiesta selection will shrink rapidly after the 2019 Fiestas are finished their production run. Shipping wheels from the EU is, frankly, terrifyingly expensive!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No pics right now, but I got THE LAST FOUR IN EXISTENCE of the new (vs. used, or used leftovers from FiST rally teams) black Method MR501 VT spec 15x7 4x108, 48 ET, 63.4 hub bore, wheels from Summit Racing.

The tires are General Altimax Arctic 12s, XL load rated, in a 195/60-15 size, as I wanted the extra sidewall as impact protection when working on my 'local' ARA stage rallies (STPR and NEFR).

Method directly told me that these will NOT ever be made again (in ANY color), and given how few of these cars exist here in this country, and how it is now a DEAD platform's PCD here, I believe them. [:(]
(They do have exactly ONE left in stock at Method.)

This is what they look like in a Scooby bolt pattern;

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...501_VT_Spec_Head_On_Web_600x.jpg?v=1453852159

BTW; I paid ~$135.00 each for them, roughly the same price as the Sparco Terras which were my second choice, but these are MUCH stronger being a gravel rally spec wheel.
The Terras themselves must not be too weak though, since at least one FiST rally team out of the pacwest is using them, and has not cracked one yet. [wink]

you just had to rub that in [:p] congrats man, they are good wheels it sounds like.

I've cracked 3 wheels over my years of racing. always the expensive wheels that die on me.