Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Early X-Mas from whoosh Motorsports: zunsport US spec front upper grill kits

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

I wanted to give the ic some protection so I bought the lower one and it’s on the car. This may be the biggest ripoff ever for 120 bucks. I would follow VirtualRonin’s path or wait to see what Typhoon has or just waste money and be disappointed like me! 🤗

Spork1569

I wanted to give the ic some protection so I bought the lower one and it’s on the car. This may be the biggest ripoff ever for 120 bucks. I would follow VirtualRonin’s path or wait to see what Typhoon has or just waste money and be disappointed like me! 🤗
What made it not worth? In the same boat that I want some debris protection for my IC but there's not many options right now besides this or making your own.

Def anticipating reiteration on your disappointment. I've yet to attempt installing this lower grill. Seems to match up ok with the black removable oem lower.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #47
would you mind taking some pics and explaining your comment?
we've sold around 50 this year with zero complaints. I'd like to get some specific feedback as to why you are disappointed

When are we finally going to get to see this piece? [popcorn]
So sorry if you're waiting on me Henry. Got sucked into an unplanned OT shift today. Plus the heat! THE DAMNED HEAT!! Still 101:rolleyes: out there! I'm going to try and make it work without the removable plastic insert.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
So sorry if you're waiting on me Henry. Got sucked into an unplanned OT shift today. Plus the heat! THE DAMNED HEAT!! Still 101:rolleyes: out there! I'm going to try and make it work without the removable plastic insert.
Sorry, not waiting on you! It's just been frustrating that there are no reviews to-date. Take your time, man, we've already been waiting for months (years?) for the first review, so a few days/weeks won't matter (y)

would you mind taking some pics and explaining your comment?
we've sold around 50 this year with zero complaints. I'd like to get some specific feedback as to why you are disappointed
For what it is I think it’s way over priced. I’d pay 74.99 usd max 🤑

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just yesterday I re-installed my Euro/Brit/rest of world fitment Zunsport lower IC grille (the M-Sport logo stenciled one), without using the factory plastic slat insert which it is supposed to self-tapping screw into.

This can ONLY be done with zip-ties (I used black, weather proof ones, and you cannot tell they're there unless you get right up close to the grille) wrapped around the vertical bumper 'posts', at least from the front, with the bumper cover still in place.

It still does not fit perfectly (like I am taking for granted these USDM modeled ones WILL, regardless of how they are mounted), but at least it is centered now, and not pulling away at the corners, like it was when it was attached to the factory insert.

There is also a tiny bit more air hitting the IC now, albeit only on the plastic end tanks (still on the factory IC), without using the factory grille insert.

Just yesterday I re-installed my Euro/Brit/rest of world fitment Zunsport lower IC grille (the M-Sport logo stenciled one), without using the factory plastic slat insert which it is supposed to self-tapping screw into.

This can ONLY be done with zip-ties (I used black, weather proof ones, and you cannot tell they're there unless you get right up close to the grille) wrapped around the vertical bumper 'posts', at least from the front, with the bumper cover still in place.

It still does not fit perfectly (like I am taking for granted these USDM modeled ones WILL, regardless of how they are mounted), but at least it is centered now, and not pulling away at the corners, like it was when it was attached to the factory insert.

There is also a tiny bit more air hitting the IC now, albeit only on the plastic end tanks (still on the factory IC), without using the factory grille insert.
Looking at the vertical slats with the plastic oem grill removed, I too intend on using some black zip-ties to affix the Zunsport lower I purchased from Whoosh. When you say you installed your "Euro/Brit/rest of world" grill, do you mean yours is different from the one Whoosh sells and that mine should fit better? Thanks M!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #53
Looking at the vertical slats with the plastic oem grill removed, I too intend on using some black zip-ties to affix the Zunsport lower I purchased from Whoosh. When you say you installed your "Euro/Brit/rest of world" grill, do you mean yours is different from the one Whoosh sells and that mine should fit better? Thanks M!
he has the same Zunsport EU spec lower grill private labeled for M-Sport

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
My old Volvo wagon had a black mesh grill for $80.... cheap painted aluminum and not Stainless Steel... I could have gone to HD and bought the mesh and painted it. Of course, I have not seen this one in person to be able to comment further, but I am ordering one today.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'm kind of confused by the thread title, is there an upper grill available? I'm thinking about just getting some universal mesh and doing the upper and lower at once when I install my intercooler but curious what's out there...

So, I'm still contemplating the zip-tie method, minus the oem lower grill, and I'd like to find some way to protect my paint. I found this item below and figure slicing it length wise and placing 2 at the top and bottom and 1 on each end of the grill could work pretty sweet. Shoot! Even using some rubber hose cuts will work. I'm dumb, lol! :LOL:Anyways, the procrastination will end this weekend and I'll have some installed pics posted. Promise;)
1562125518038.png

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #59
you'll have to ring Zunesport and US Customs and work out that new price structure

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
YES, mine was bought from M-Sport, which was/is ONLY concerned with the Brit/Euro/rest of world fitment, and never made any for U.S., as neither did Zunsport themselves, until Ron convinced them to do such.

The one sold by Ron@Whoosh is specifically made for our unique North American (maybe South American as well?)/USDM intercooler opening lower bumper cover cutout.

I have NO IDEA WHY Ford did it this way for the front bumper cover, since they were trying to save some coin my finally having a TRUE 'world car' with our model (and much less inventory of many different variants of the same part), and they could have come up with an identical bumper COVER, even if the crash bar underneath had to be different between the various markets.[???:)]

Last edited:

Ford Community Posts