Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If you still wonder why Ford is dropping cars.....read this

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Ford release via Business wire

Ford SUV Sales on Record Pace – Expedition Up 74.7 Percent,
Explorer Up 12.5 Percent; F-Series Passes 70,000-Truck Mark
for Eighth Straight Month; Lincoln Navigator Up 70.0 Percent

 Ford’s overall average transaction prices reached
record levels of $36,800 in October, up $1,400
from last year. This compares to an industry increase
of just $330 per vehicle

This means people are willing to pay a premium for owning a Ford to me.

 As America’s best-selling brand of trucks, SUVs and
vans combined, sales of these Ford products totaled
150,900 vehicles in October. Year-to-date, Ford
trucks, SUVs and vans posted sales of 1,605,967
vehicles this year – up 2.1 percent

 Ford F-Series surpassed 70,000 trucks sold for the
eighth consecutive month in October, on sales of
70,438 pickups; the decline versus year-ago levels is
largely the result of fleet timing. Year-to-date F-Series
commercial fleet sales are up 12.8 percent

 Ford SUVs posted a 7.9 percent gain last month on
62,175 vehicles sold, for the best October in 16
years

16 years!!

 Sales of all-new Ford Expedition totaled 3,623
vehicles last month – a 74.7 percent jump over a
year ago, while Ford Explorer results were up 12.5
percent on sales of 19,034 vehicles

 America’s No. 1 seller of vans saw total van sales
of 17,353 units, a gain of 4.9 percent for the month

 Hot demand continues for the all-new Lincoln
Navigator; overall sales were up 70.0 percent on a
rich mix of high trim series vehicles

Navigator and Expedition (big buck SUVs) both up over 70%

"Overall Navigator
sales were up 70.0 percent, with
transaction price gains of $30,300.
California continues to be
Navigator’s strongest market, with
sales up 190 percent last month. "

Why sell a Fiesta with a profit of under $1k.........one F150 truck or big SUV makes 10-25 times that. If you were a dealer what would be on your lot?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If people can truly afford it or they don't mind being in debt for the rest of their lives, or having a lack of retirement be my guest. I will never buy a premium priced truck and I will never own an SUV. They can waste their money and keep trying to impress people that don't care. I will pay my house off early and retire a millionaire.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Closest I got to an SUV. was a 1974 International Scout II. Awesome for the off road. But the worst ride ever. The Fiesta ST rides like a Cadillac compared to it. And my truck is a 1952 International L-110 pickup. Doesn't even have turn signals [they were optional]

LILIKE16ST

Makes me sick...I cant stand the sea of huge trucks and SUV everywhere you go anytime any place in america... it is a constant reminder of WHY Ford is ditching cars and taking away the two STs and the RS among other awesome vehicles they've made lately. It is really sad. And all this talk of young people not even being interested in driving and someday everybody transporting autonomously or wherever that is even more depressing than my earlier statement. It just blows my mind. When I was young ppl could not wait to get their license and a car at 16 even people who weren't really car enthusiasts. Nowadays the younger kids many dont care a thing about driving much less any cool vehicles. It blows my mind how much this generation is different than mine and I'm only 35....technically I'm a millennial (born 81-96) but I consider the real millennials the ones born around the time I started driving and after (1999).

SrsBsns

Makes me sick...I cant stand the sea of huge trucks and SUV everywhere you go anytime any place in america... it is a constant reminder of WHY Ford is ditching cars and taking away the two STs and the RS among other awesome vehicles they've made lately. It is really sad. And all this talk of young people not even being interested in driving and someday everybody transporting autonomously or wherever that is even more depressing than my earlier statement. It just blows my mind. When I was young ppl could not wait to get their license and a car at 16 even people who weren't really car enthusiasts. Nowadays the younger kids many dont care a thing about driving much less any cool vehicles. It blows my mind how much this generation is different than mine and I'm only 35....technically I'm a millennial (born 81-96) but I consider the real millennials the ones born around the time I started driving and after (1999).
Yeah, I'm 33, so I'm right there with you. And I echo what you're saying completely.

When I was a kid, my friends and I all couldn't wait until we had that freedom to go drive. We all got into cars together, but the generation now just doesn't seem to care.

I also ride and if you think that people have stopped caring about cars, imagine how they feel about bikes. HD is dying (which I'm OK with) but a lot of other brands are struggling to find the right bikes to attract new riders to the market.

It's a changing world and it's sad.

I've driven an F-150 (with four doors) rental for a couple of hours one time. I liked a few things about it; the fact that I had a higher vantage point and how spacious/private the interior felt. Maneuvering the thing in any parking lot felt like a very tight space, so I had to waste extra time pulling in/out of spots, and performing three-point turns.

The Fiesta obviously feels completely different on the road, and there is nothing quite as satisfying as having the ability to pull off some impressively fast cornering maneuvers especially if there's someone really slow in front :p

I wouldn't lump the Focus RS in with the fost and fist. They were purchased and abandoned at a much greater rate than either of the ST model. I feel bad for those buyers who waited for months to get the RS and ended up with an overheating, oil dripping barely functional turd that they had the privilege of paying list plus for! Both the RS owners that work in my office complex(not at my firm) got fed up with it all and dumped their cars. If this is what premium model Ford buyers can expect in the future, I will just find my way to the Honda dealership.

I wouldn't lump the Focus RS in with the fost and fist. They were purchased and abandoned at a much greater rate than either of the ST model. I feel bad for those buyers who waited for months to get the RS and ended up with an overheating, oil dripping barely functional turd that they had the privilege of paying list plus for! Both the RS owners that work in my office complex(not at my firm) got fed up with it all and dumped their cars. If this is what premium model Ford buyers can expect in the future, I will just find my way to the Honda dealership.
If I were ever to buy a rs I'd bring it home and imdiately start building the motor. But it'd be so expensive it wouldn't make sense. Which is the main reason I ended up going with my fist parts are much more cost effective and it handles like a go cart. Besides if I'm gonna be spending that kinda money I may as well put a cut in my fist then import my dream gtts25 from Japan.

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
If you showed up at all looking to buy a car, they'd attempt to upsell you into something more expensive. (read: larger) So of course car sales go down... and trucks under the circumstances have no where to go but up. When you're interested/invested in what you're buying, the upsell more often works.

If people want larger, so long as I have the CHOICE to buy small but powerful, featureful, I don't care. Primary downside is having to ride behind the lot of folks who want to accelerate at 1.035 MPH per second because they don't want to burn that bit of extra fuel to accelerate at a pace that will get you through the next traffic light. Stopping at every frigg'n traffic light down a main road, just to watch 1 to 3 cars cross the intersection has increasingly become the norm.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
They tried to upsell me on a mustang till i showed the salesman how much fun the fiesta ST can be.
But ford not having a hot hatch is a big deal breaker. Good thing the germans build somewhat solid fun cars.

They tried to upsell me on a mustang till i showed the salesman how much fun the fiesta ST can be.
But ford not having a hot hatch is a big deal breaker. Good thing the germans build somewhat solid fun cars.
That salesman probably knew about as much about the Fiesta product as any random 100 Ford sales people you could have found in any Ford dealership in the country! The Fiesta was probably the most under marketed car in modern Ford history.
Thanks to a co-operative agreement with yet to be determined terms, that Germanic "fun and solid" characteristic might find it's way into future Ford cars. But, probably not in North America.