Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tb performance traction bar review

I normally don't go out of my way to post up reviews of products. However. I was told by a lot of other fist owners that a traction bar should be the first thing you do for the car. Not a tune, not a rmm. Well. I'm a very active autocross and highly competitive in it. This bar is well worth the money. It nearly eliminates under steer on the car and does an amazing job to even neutralize tire squeal as well. I did not expect a bar along the front to be so effective. For the little cost and ease of install. I'm amazed more people don't have this done and I'm further amazed ford just didn't build this onto the car in the first place.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I agree. I was consistently experiencing wheel hops on hairpin turns (at the track and at one of my favorite on-ramps), and the 2-piece bar completely eliminated it. Money well spent.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I normally don't go out of my way to post up reviews of products. However. I was told by a lot of other fist owners that a traction bar should be the first thing you do for the car. Not a tune, not a rmm. Well. I'm a very active autocross and highly competitive in it. This bar is well worth the money. It nearly eliminates under steer on the car and does an amazing job to even neutralize tire squeal as well. I did not expect a bar along the front to be so effective. For the little cost and ease of install. I'm amazed more people don't have this done and I'm further amazed ford just didn't build this onto the car in the first place.
You should link that man!

I got mine in the mail last week and I'm excited to get it on this coming weekend. I've got a CPE rmm to throw on as will.

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
the two bolts for the control arm. I was confused at first but once you get under the car it's pretty obvious

dmb

TP says its a traction bar, and pierce says its a chassis brace, are they the same? has any used both? I'm in the market for one but now i don't know what one to buy

TP says its a traction bar, and pierce says its a chassis brace, are they the same? has any used both? I'm in the market for one but now i don't know what one to buy
They are both chassis braces essentially. They are designed to perform the same function, but I'd go with the TB Performance traction bar over the Perice. The TB is built with square tubing and is super beefy. I just got one and it's impressive (my girlfriend got that look in 'er eyes you know). Plus you're supporting a great dude that makes a living by building great parts for guys like us. Plus Daniel's on the Facebook group pages and will answer any questions you have same day usually. Check the media page on his site for more info, lots of good educational material on there --> http://tbperformanceproducts.com/Why-Buy-TB.php

Oh yeah, I heard he's doing a Black Friday sale soon so maybe the perfect time to get one ;)

I've been researching this and also know a little about fabrication from my racecar building. I'll take cromoly tube over mild square tube steel. (think of why you see bicycles in cromoly and not square tube)
So for me the pierce is likely better than the TP. That said, I think both will offer massive improvements over stock. Let the black friday deal come, I'll consider either.

OP
C
Thread Starter #14
They are both chassis braces essentially. They are designed to perform the same function, but I'd go with the TB Performance traction bar over the Perice. The TB is built with square tubing and is super beefy. I just got one and it's impressive (my girlfriend got that look in 'er eyes you know). Plus you're supporting a great dude that makes a living by building great parts for guys like us. Plus Daniel's on the Facebook group pages and will answer any questions you have same day usually. Check the media page on his site for more info, lots of good educational material on there --> http://tbperformanceproducts.com/Why-Buy-TB.php

Oh yeah, I heard he's doing a Black Friday sale soon so maybe the perfect time to get one ;)
just check their site, I may have posted the wrong link from their page.

What's all this about tightening the bolts with the wheels on ramps with weight on them, and not in the air? I heard if you do this with the wheels hanging you'll get squeaks or something or the alignment gets thrown off?

For the price, given how great everyone says it is, it sounds worth it for sure. Except I want to know the correct process for tightening those bolts...

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
What's all this about tightening the bolts with the wheels on ramps with weight on them, and not in the air? I heard if you do this with the wheels hanging you'll get squeaks or something or the alignment gets thrown off?

For the price, given how great everyone says it is, it sounds worth it for sure. Except I want to know the correct process for tightening those bolts...
It's always recommended to tighten suspension components like control arms with the weight of the vehicle on the ground. It prevents you from damaging the bushings in the control arms.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk