Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Touring/Longevity mods

Jerickson88

What have you done for non performance mods?

Really looking to see what everyone has done for the hardcore daily driver/ longevity mods.

So far, I have the Ford all weather mats, and Rally Armor flaps, and increased tire size to 215/40-17 in an all season.

Looking to add:
-Lamin-x for fog lights
-Ford cargo liner
-Nokya or PIAA 2500k fogs
-Weathertech window visors
-35% tint?
-roof rack

Last edited:

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Ford ST-logo all-weather front mats and cargo area mat. Rear camera added.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What have you done for non performance mods?

Really looking to see what everyone has done for the hardcore daily driver/ longevity mods.

So far, I have the Ford all weather mats, and Rally Armor flaps, and increased tire size to 215/40-17 in an all season.

Looking to add:
-Lamin-x for fog lights
-Ford cargo liner
-Nokya or PIAA 2500k fogs
-Weathertech window visors
-35% tint?
-roof rack
What All Season tires did you go with? Getting ready to buy a set in the next couple of weeks? COOP

SrsBsns

Hi Green. You mind me asking, what's the purpose of the 'dead pedal'? Do some people rest their foot there when it's not holding the clutch pedal down?
Mostly for looks, but it helps to prevent the carpet there from getting too beaten up over time.

Ford ST-logo all-weather front mats and cargo area mat. Rear camera added.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
How did you do the rear camera? Do you have more info?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Tint - 35% front, 5% rear

JDM Astar Extremely Bright Back-Up LEDs
Love these, they are pretty much mandatory for me with that tint. At night, my driveway was dark and low with a steep curb cut and I always back in to park because if not the front will rub everytime coming off the curb cut (besides I'm also that guy at the store or whereever who always likes to park backed in). With that tint, it was like backing up blind at night with stock bulbs. These leds are about as bright as headlights and shine wide.

Phillips Extreme Vision H11s for headlights. Great "plug and play" upgrade especially for those road trips when traveling unlit two lane highways. If I were staying mostly local I might have chosen the Crystal Vision instead.

Custom steel weighted shift knob - I got this from another FiST driver here in the forum. I really like the feel of this whether on the highway or in traffic on my commute.

Got a silicone style mat for mounting my expresslanes transponder. Really sticky without abrasive adhesive. I also got a weighted mount for the dash for my phone. Also works without adhesives.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I know you probably consider tires as a performance upgrade and they usually are on this forum but tires can also be a touring upgrade. I recently got some new 195/60/15s I just put on that ride a lot smoother on the highway than my 195/55s did (and the 55s were smoother than stock). They are also quieter too without sacrificing too much in performance. Kind of like a sport touring tire.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #9
What All Season tires did you go with? Getting ready to buy a set in the next couple of weeks? COOP
I went with Federal Formoza FD2. 8k miles plenty of tread left. They don’t handle like summer tires but they still stick well.

As for the 15” I’m not opposed to that, maybe when this set wears I will make the move.

Pretty cool info guys.

May try out some 2500k in the high beams. It’s not about the color temp that increases visibility. Whole different debate, but high beams are signaling light or special conditions. Since they don’t get used unless it’s in a situation for heightened visibility it only makes sense

ST all weather floor mats and a cargo mat. Going to have winter tires and wheels installed on Wednesday. Also looking into mud flaps and maybe Xpel paint protection.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #13
ST all weather floor mats and a cargo mat. Going to have winter tires and wheels installed on Wednesday. Also looking into mud flaps and maybe Xpel paint protection.
I need to adjust my flaps out a hair in the rear I think. They sit in a pinch too narrow.

I also ditched the stock aluminum clad lug nuts for a steel chrome set.

I bought the COBB shift knob since it sits just a hair higher. The OEM knob is low enough that my arm hits the armrest on 2/4/6 shifts. The extra half inch or so keeps my arm from hitting the arm rest.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #16
Is there a reason for doing that besides maybe the looks?

Some dipshit rounded them off at a tire shop with the wrong size socket. I had to hammer a socket on every one.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #17
I bought the COBB shift knob since it sits just a hair higher. The OEM knob is low enough that my arm hits the armrest on 2/4/6 shifts. The extra half inch or so keeps my arm from hitting the arm rest.
That’s weird. I shift with my wrist. Post my elbow on the corner of the rest and just flick!

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #19
The stock lugs swell up from corrosion and are a pain to get off.
Yeah they will break down over time.

I probably would have done colored lugs on aftermarket wheels. I went with these since they looked stock, fit the bill and were the same size socket.

I added a Damond OCC, Ford Cargo Liner, WeatherTech Window Vents, Dead Pedal, Window Tint and Seat Covers.