Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Helmet and Headrest Issue

Does anyone else have an issue with the headrest pushing their head forward when they have a helmet on? Has anyone found a work around for this short of changing the seat out?

My helmet doesn't fit when I have my seat in my normal driving position; so I have to fold the seat way back. If I could lower the seat another inch or two...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
Does anyone know what resistor is needed to turn off the airbag light when you change seats?

Looking at it, I don't believe flipping the headrest will give me enough room with the hybrid HANS system.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Flipping the headrest or removing it won't work with a HANS. I have to lean my seat back more than usual. I just got use to it..

cxwrench

The stock headrest pushed my helmet forward enough to be annoying. I've heard the Focus headrest is adjustable and can work well. I think the resistor should be 3ohm, but don't take my word for it. It was 3ohm in my STi.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I just turn my headrests around backwards.
If that does not work for you why not use the headrest out of a non ST Fiesta Platinum, they are tilt adjustable.
Or for track days with for use with a HANS device, why not any Fiesta headrest, just cut off the top and weld a bar across the two posts to anchor the HANS.

Dave

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
What year they change the headrest? My 15 had adjustable headrest and my newer fist base seats are ugly non adjustable.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
What year they change the headrest? My 15 had adjustable headrest and my newer fist base seats are ugly non adjustable.
I don't think the FiST ever had adjustable headrests only the Platinum non-FiST.

Dave

I experienced this same issue last time I autocrossed. I've got a 2016 FiST with recaros. I tried tacking the headrest off and flipping it, but I couldn't manage to take it off, so I just adjusted it to its highest setting. I haven't really messed with it sense, is there a trick to getting them off?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I experienced this same issue last time I autocrossed. I've got a 2016 FiST with recaros. I tried tacking the headrest off and flipping it, but I couldn't manage to take it off, so I just adjusted it to its highest setting. I haven't really messed with it sense, is there a trick to getting them off?
Search works wonders.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/17554-Headrest-Removal

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Also search for the thread on bending it back a bit, using a vice is easiest, works very well for helmet fitment but not sure on using a HANs.