Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EURO HEADLIGHT OWNERS: What have you done w/your Headlights?

I was wondering what European Headlight (the OEM Ford LHD units with DRL strip + projectors) conversion owners have done w/their headlights? Would love to hear your personal experience with these lights. Thank you.

1. If you kept stock with H7 Halogen bulbs...
- how is the performance vs. the H11 reflector headlights?

2. If you replaced the H7 with LED (i.e. Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 or XednonDepot) or HID kit...
- how was the performance over H7 halogen?

3. If you retrofitted the complete Euro headlight set...
- did you DIY or hired a third party vendor such as Lightwerkz?
- how was the process of removing the European unit's permaseal (I've read the US reflector units are PITA to remove)

I've had mine for since Sept 2017 so over a year now it's been.

I've only done 1. kept stock just replaced the bulb. The performance is fine, I'm running Vosla H7 +100 (ordered from candlepower.com) they're fine but I'm not sure if there's something better than that. but one thing I haven't done is adjust the headlight so they're a bit misaligned.
I also didn't wire it up for the LEDs to be DRL because I didn't want the life of the LED to wear out faster.

Overall I'm pleased with them, and I enjoy my car more because of the lights. I really enjoy when I unlock my car late at night and the LEDs come on and I feel it really makes the car stand out but no one really notices or cares for a Fiesta anyways lol

KKaWing

How is the output with the h7 and the euro-projector compared to the NA reflector w/ h11?

I’ve had the OEM Euro lights for over a week now. I wired them to run the bright LEDs as DRLs in the daytime when the ignition is on, and when the lights are on either with parking, headlight, or automatic, the low power LEDs are on. Built a harness with 16 pin male and female Molex connectors and added a relay to turn off the DRLs and switch to the LEDs at night.

My only issue, besides the broken tabs that damaged in shipping from the UK, is the right projector is a little high on the adjustment. With the 7mm adjuster turned all the way down, it’s still too high. My research indicates that these have electric leveling motors, and I have yet to figure out how to power them. I think the right one is at the upper limit, and that’s why I can’t adjust it down far enough manually. I’ve seen where the Euro Fiestas have a up/down button to the left of the headlight switch on the dash.

I figured out how to fix the tabs. Super glue with black bonding powder is the way that worked very well for me.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5

My only issue, besides the broken tabs that damaged in shipping from the UK, is the right projector is a little high on the adjustment. With the 7mm adjuster turned all the way down, it’s still too high. My research indicates that these have electric leveling motors, and I have yet to figure out how to power them. I think the right one is at the upper limit, and that’s why I can’t adjust it down far enough manually. I’ve seen where the Euro Fiestas have a up/down button to the left of the headlight switch on the dash.

I figured out how to fix the tabs. Super glue with black bonding powder is the way that worked very well for me.

Thanks for the tips Joey. I'll connect mine to make sure they don't exhibit the same height adjustment problem. Other than that what did you think of the H7 halogen projector output vs H11 reflector?

The H7 projectors are good- I would say better than the reflectors, but the jury will still be out until I can get the adjustment perfected. I think one advantage of the projectors may be that they will work better with LEDs.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
.............. only issue .......... is the right projector is a little high on the adjustment. .................. research indicates that these have electric leveling motors, and I have yet to figure out how to power them. .....................................
Servos used to be a simple continuous +/- 12v DC. Now pretty much all of them are PWM operated.

Not sure whether these would work, but if you're willing to potentially throw away a little money in the interests of scientific curiosity...
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...s=aps&field-keywords=12v+pwm+motor+controller
(also be careful not to burn up your motors)

It's possible that the leveling function isn't controlled by any external modules and all that is necessary is for it to be powered with 12v.

comparison2-1.jpg
Interesting. Had to look up PWM, and it looks like a motor speed controller- not sure how that would work. Attached is a photo that was posted showing the differences in the pins from the US and the Euro lights. There are two pins labeled 'headlight level' and that may be the way they are controlled.

I'm also going to replace my HID to LED...
The customer service told me I should use h7 led bulb[/URL].
But I read the forums and the post you guys wrote, it seems h11 will be the right one instead of h7??
So should I buy h7 or h11?
Where can I check the right plug by myself? [?|][?|]

I'm running euro headlights and just put a 55watt HID kit in them. they're a million times better than stock, but not as good as others cars like my corvette with factory projectors with HIDs. It's not worth doing anything more to me. I have the LED strip powered on always on high. next to the HIDs being on they look fine, with halogen it might look overkill.

OP
B
Thread Starter #15
I'm running euro headlights and just put a 55watt HID kit in them. they're a million times better than stock, but not as good as others cars like my corvette with factory projectors with HIDs. It's not worth doing anything more to me. I have the LED strip powered on always on high. next to the HIDs being on they look fine, with halogen it might look overkill.
Thanks for sharing!