Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from NorCal

Hello my name is Ben. I instruct with a few track day clubs here in Northern California. I also drive in NASA Spec e30 and run in other series as well.

I just picked up a 15' ST in Tuxedo Black w/24k miles on it. I've been into the ST since I drove a students car a year ago, and I'm glad I finally got one for myself. Amazing car for the price.

I have a YouTube channel that is somewhat known in the BMW community, and I would like to make some Fiesta ST videos to add to it. Check it out at:
https://www.youtube.com/user/benvidproductions Any subscriptions help as well! IMG_5164.JPG

And let me know of any video suggestions you would like to see!

Since I will be playing with my ST at the track on days when I am Instructing, I will be doing Brakes pads/rotors/fluid, radiator, tow hooks, and I'll slap some RE71r's on. I'm going to run the car as stock as possible since I already have a racecar I have to maintain but I need to do the basics to get the car prepped for track use.

Any suggestions on radiator: Mountune vs Mishi?
What brake cooling methods are best for the ST?

Any other suggestions are invited

Good to meet you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

And I'm looking forward to some track specific FiST content!

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #6
Welcome and you actually have a color thats better than Shadow Black you have Tuxedo Black which is an awesoms Black! Congrats!
Thanks Dpro, I noticed my error earlier and forgot to correct it until now. Thanks!

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #8
Car looks great! If you're ever across the bay in Marin lemme know.
Awesome I'll let you know, do you ever go out to Sonoma Raceway?

cxwrench

Awesome I'll let you know, do you ever go out to Sonoma Raceway?

Not very often, but I've got some friends that I used to race shifter karts with and I'll go watch them practice every now and then...that's about it.

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #14
I currently race a BMW E36 in Champcar. see my sig for more on my team.
Very cool, good to hear. I am going to be installing CMbuildz front brake backing plates w/ducting pretty soon. Would anyone be interested in seeing an installation video?

I don't so much care about a video, it's a couple bolts. I would like to see what size hose you use, how well they shoot the center of the rotor and how you route the ducting. so good pictures might be better.

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #16
I don't so much care about a video, it's a couple bolts. I would like to see what size hose you use, how well they shoot the center of the rotor and how you route the ducting. so good pictures might be better.
Good suggestions, thanks theblue. I know he wasn't making the backing plates for a while but I bugged him enough that he's making another 10 sets.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Very cool, good to hear. I am going to be installing CMbuildz front brake backing plates w/ducting pretty soon. Would anyone be interested in seeing an installation video?
I'm definitely interested in seeing how you install/route the ducting. Pictures would be great, but a video would be even better. Thanks in advance.

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #19
Hello! Everyone, in progress with my first ST video as we speak. Should be out soon!