Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Local 2015 Fiesta ST

reDMR

Hey guys, I have been on the lookout for a good deal on any year used FiST. I just found a 2015 with only 3.5K miles on it. It is fully loaded with Recaros and sunroof, ect. The list price was $15K and I was able to talk it down to $13,750. This seems like a good deal for this car but I wanted to get your opinions on it.

My main point of hesitation is that the passenger wheels have pretty bad curb rash, there is a crack in the passenger mirror and there is a fairly large chip in the front paint. I checked the CarFax and there are no accidents reported. Are these expensive fixes and what do you guys think overall?

Thanks a bunch!

00000_8YWqiMtyiyp_600x450.jpg 00A0A_4zOd9BDYF7m_600x450.jpg 00r0r_ldeAYVBdqwx_600x450.jpg 00y0y_ibL2otI0MoK_600x450.jpg 00909_fDqXgDOHPhB_600x450.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, I have been on the lookout for a good deal on any year used FiST. I just found a 2015 with only 3.5K miles on it. It is fully loaded with Recaros and sunroof, ect. The list price was $15K and I was able to talk it down to $13,750. This seems like a good deal for this car but I wanted to get your opinions on it.

My main point of hesitation is that the passenger wheels have pretty bad curb rash, there is a crack in the passenger mirror and there is a fairly large chip in the front paint. I checked the CarFax and there are no accidents reported. Are these expensive fixes and what do you guys think overall?

Thanks a bunch!

View attachment 18788 View attachment 18789 View attachment 18790 View attachment 18791 View attachment 18792
Did you carfax it? If so Get a secondary inspection also....if they won't allow you to take it for Inspection....WALK AWAY DO NOT BUY IT. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
the wheel and mirror are easily replaceable and bumper can be resprayed. I would want to know how the scuff occurred to the front bumper. looks like it brushed up against a canyon. I don't buy a curb being that high.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Looks like they ran off the road and blew a tire, hit something. Bought a new tire and did not report it?

koozy

3000 Post Club
Only if it’s your only mode of transportation, the guy has several toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a thread on Facebook concerning this actual car. The owner said it belonged to his teenage daughter and she drove it basically back and forth to school. She was taught to drive stick on the car, but sounds like maintenance has been done. Says the wheel damage is from her clipping a curb and the bumper scraping is from her scrubbing a wall while parking at low speed. He did say he's open to pre-purchase inspection.

My opinion, wheel damage is whatever, OEM wheels are cheap and some after market ones are as well. The bumper, the only problem I have there is white can be difficult to match perfectly if you get it resprayed and the additional cost of the removal, paint and reinstallation. But, you're in CA so I can't comment on how prices are there. If you look at the car and it may need a NEW bumper, plan on that being $450ish plus paint.

Hope that helps

The damages are not that much. My concern is there any damage to the drive train and clutch while she learned to drive. And was the alignment messed up when the wheel hit the curb.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I saw the guys Facebook post. It was his daughters high school car. I'd walk away. I guarantee it had other issues, clutch, trans, etc...

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
R

reDMR

Thread Starter #10
Thanks for all the comments and help you guys, it really just confirms my initial thoughts. Guess I'll be back on the lookout!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

dmb

offer him 12k and either you get it or not, girls don't race cars like guys do. they just smash them up a little.