Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OBD2 Gauge Reading

I will start by saying the car is 100% stock with the exception of some catch cans.

I have an old lund ngauge that we put into the FiST to monitor temps and what the engine is doing. However, the values displayed raise some questions.

Coolant temp is 192 when the t-stat appears to open.

MAP -~2 to5 PSI at idle and 28-29PSI at WOT

IAT - ~ 15° cooler than ambient (ambient is close to freezing)

What values are people seeing on their stock FiST or do these appear to be correct?

IAT should never be below ambient. That's pretty much impossible. If you meant 15 above then that seems about right.

Thermostat is right as well, although they seem to have installed a 185 or 180 in mine with the cooling recall which is fine by me. The fans don't turn on until a crazy high number (IMO) so you'll only see thermostat temps in cooler weather while moving. Why ford lets a car run 180-235F coolant temps is beyond me. Fans should kick on at 200 or 205.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
so a little bit of an update:

ACT is always ambient or above

However, my MAP sensor is as follows:
4-5 PSI at idle
2.5-3.5 PSI under decel
28-30 PSI at WOT.

Do those values appear correct for a 100% stock vehicle? I thought the maximum boost was significantly less without a tune.

They do not appear correct. They appear to be 5-8 psi to high.
there should not be any positive numbers at idle or under decel.
Stock psi would be more like 22-23 psi at WOT