Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

wait for tune or do it first?

ROCKYFiestta

hello i have reached a point in the car build where i am considering the e-30 tune from stratified ( currently running cobb ots stage 2 map 91oct)
i will be definitely doing a downpipe in the next 3 months along with the ported voodoo manifold. Should i wait on the tune and do the dp first or will it not make much significance at this point? i currently have all the cobb stage 2 kit installed(just missing exhaust and dp)

also i dont have emissions testing where i live so i was considering the voodoo downpipe as well , but will a catless dp make the car more smelly (ie smell more exhaust gases?) while idle versus a catted. i dont smell nasty fumes currently on the stock dp.

LaserWhisperer

There's loads of data and research which proves that a downpipe on our tiny stock turbos dont yield much gain.

With a catless DP, you'll lose some low end TQ in favor of some high end HP, however neither number will be much.

I personally went with whoosh's catted DP (havent installed it yet), and I'm not expecting much in terms of power gain, however I am looking forward to the added growl

If you have the gas readily available in your area I wouldn't hesitate to jump on the e30 tune. If you decide to go catless you will definitely notice a lot more exhaust fumes. It's not overpowering but it's definitely there.

my research so far is that anything after the turbo is cosmetic / sound until you have a hybrid or big turbo. Spend your money on something else OR save it towards a hybrid turbo that even without the exhaust work will give you so much greater gains.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #5
ok thanks i was also planning of doing the manifold if i do the dp i just didnt want to retune the car again but it seems dp is insignificant that i shouldn't bother to retune for the dp and just go with the tune now

e85 currently 2.50 a gal and 91 at 3.35

Honestly, as others have mentioned, skip those exhaust mods if you're strictly looking for more power. Just the E30 tune will be a nice gain. Do the downpipe and manifold if/when you upgrade the turbo.