Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Peron Four Port Aux Fuel System

Where do you have it mounted to keep it dry/hidden?

This is the first Peron product I’m less impressed with, considering their other products for the platform are top notch. That’s just my opinion.

Also, there’s no need to put the controller in the cabin and having to potentially extend the harness even longer than it already is. It can remain hidden and free from water under the hood without an additional box that would only eat up space.

My aux fuel and controller are in this photo, but the controller is hidden, not on top of the fuse box where most have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
For OP or anyone else who has purchased the nicer fuel lines for this kit from Summit(or elsewhere) what is the length of hose required for the install? Looking to put this kit on myself.
the fuel line supplied is braided 6an with fittings
the plastic line shown in the first post has been replaced in the last 12-15 kits sold

A while ago, I mentioned that I was going to go with a aux fuel kit. At the time, I was still researching which way to go. Throttle body, Boomba four port or at the time, Stratified was the only four port that sprayed fuel into all eight intake runners. The throttle body style is easier to install, but the drawback is equal fuel to all four cylinders is not a sure thing. Stratified four port system has a big drawback in that the alternator loses one mount attach point. So, I was going to go with the Boomba setup. I can live with the fuel only being injected into four of the eight intake runners and also I could deal with the fact that the Boomba system has a split fuel rail. Connecting the two fuel rails or having two fuel lines supplying fuel just increases the cost by having to buy more hose and AN fittings.

Well my procrastination paid off. Ron at Whoosh started selling the Peron four port system. Hot Dam, that's the one I want. I was emailing Peron directly getting more information about their system and liked the responses that I was getting.

The bare bones Peron kit is just the fuel spacer/rail, attach bolts, alternator spacer, gasket and the fuel fittings with fuel line. I never saw a photo of the complete hardware package, so I was under the impression that the fuel line would be a braided line with AN-6 fittings. Well upon receiving the plumbing kit, I was surprised at that they used a plastic QD with a plastic hose. I imagine they went this way to keep the kit costs down.

The first photo shows what the kit, less injector and controller comes with. The second photo shows the things you need to get to complete the kit. I was going to mount the controller by the stock horn area, under the R/H headlight assembly. So, I decided that to protect the controller from the elements, I was going to encase it in a waterproof box. Well the useable area is not big enough to mount the box properly and I'm going to mount the controller under the drivers seat. Earlier I made a comment on the Peron supplied fuel line. I decided to go with PTFE lined stainless steel braided line with black nylon covering and -6AN straight fittings instead of the line from Peron.

Injectors are a EV14 compact with split spray pattern, 52lbs flow rate. Part number for the injectors is Bosch 0280158117. Amazon sells them for $40.00 each. Since I live in California, Amazon won't sell them to me, so I had to pay a bit more for mine.

The controller is a SplitSecond AIC1-V4H w/4-Channel Tach. MSRP is $299.00 plus shipping, but Edge Autosport sells it for $295.00 with free shipping.

The alternator has to move fwd a bit and found out that the stock belt really puts extra tension on the tensioner pulley after the installation of the spacer. To fix this, I went with a one size larger belt, GATES K060615. Amazon sells the belt for $15.95

For all of you outside of California and decide to use the Peron supplied fuel line. Cost is $1254.00. That is roughly $200.00 cheaper than the Stratified system and not having to deal with the alternator mount issue. If you live in California and like I mentioned earlier, Amazon will not ship the injectors to CA residents and price of the injectors are $55.00 ea on up. I got mine from Fuel injector Connection for $55.00 ea. Going with a different fuel line will increase the price by $50.00 or so dollars and the Gates belt adds $15.95.

I was planning to install the system during my vacation a week or so ago, but life gets in the way and took up all the spare time before I had to return to work. I will be installing it in the next few weeks, during my days off. I will post photos of the installation when it goes in.

Which fuse are you supposed to hook up too?

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #47
Which fuse are you supposed to hook up too?

You can use any fuse location that is switched and rated to at least 10amps. If you don't know what "switched" means, it's a fuse that only has power when the ignition is on.That's from the Stratified instructions. I've sold my Fiesta, so I can't remember exactly which fuse I used.

You can use any fuse location that is switched and rated to at least 10amps. If you don't know what "switched" means, it's a fuse that only has power when the ignition is on.That's from the Stratified instructions. I've sold my Fiesta, so I can't remember exactly which fuse I used.
I appreciate the reply, that helps out alittle bit but I’m looking for an exact location. I’m pretty sure slot 25 in the fuse box is what one I’m gonna use !

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #49
I appreciate the reply, that helps out alittle bit but I’m looking for an exact location. I’m pretty sure slot 25 in the fuse box is what one I’m gonna use !
There is no specific fuse, just look at the fuse location identifier and pick one that meets the amp load and is switched.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here...I thought I had an actual photo in my phone of mine....I started looking but then I saw all the stuff I've done when I drink and I had to stop.....hehe

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here...I thought I had an actual photo in my phone of mine....I started looking but then I saw all the stuff I've done when I drink and I had to stop.....hehe

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Hahah thanks That helped but so for some reason my injectors aren’t working idk what to do I’ve tried everything, the only think I haven’t tried is just soldering all the wires but it’s not working