Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Peron Four Port Aux Fuel System

slopoke

A while ago, I mentioned that I was going to go with a aux fuel kit. At the time, I was still researching which way to go. Throttle body, Boomba four port or at the time, Stratified was the only four port that sprayed fuel into all eight intake runners. The throttle body style is easier to install, but the drawback is equal fuel to all four cylinders is not a sure thing. Stratified four port system has a big drawback in that the alternator loses one mount attach point. So, I was going to go with the Boomba setup. I can live with the fuel only being injected into four of the eight intake runners and also I could deal with the fact that the Boomba system has a split fuel rail. Connecting the two fuel rails or having two fuel lines supplying fuel just increases the cost by having to buy more hose and AN fittings.

Well my procrastination paid off. Ron at Whoosh started selling the Peron four port system. Hot Dam, that's the one I want. I was emailing Peron directly getting more information about their system and liked the responses that I was getting.

The bare bones Peron kit is just the fuel spacer/rail, attach bolts, alternator spacer, gasket and the fuel fittings with fuel line. I never saw a photo of the complete hardware package, so I was under the impression that the fuel line would be a braided line with AN-6 fittings. Well upon receiving the plumbing kit, I was surprised at that they used a plastic QD with a plastic hose. I imagine they went this way to keep the kit costs down.

The first photo shows what the kit, less injector and controller comes with. The second photo shows the things you need to get to complete the kit. I was going to mount the controller by the stock horn area, under the R/H headlight assembly. So, I decided that to protect the controller from the elements, I was going to encase it in a waterproof box. Well the useable area is not big enough to mount the box properly and I'm going to mount the controller under the drivers seat. Earlier I made a comment on the Peron supplied fuel line. I decided to go with PTFE lined stainless steel braided line with black nylon covering and -6AN straight fittings instead of the line from Peron.

Injectors are a EV14 compact with split spray pattern, 52lbs flow rate. Part number for the injectors is Bosch 0280158117. Amazon sells them for $40.00 each. Since I live in California, Amazon won't sell them to me, so I had to pay a bit more for mine.

The controller is a SplitSecond AIC1-V4H w/4-Channel Tach. MSRP is $299.00 plus shipping, but Edge Autosport sells it for $295.00 with free shipping.

The alternator has to move fwd a bit and found out that the stock belt really puts extra tension on the tensioner pulley after the installation of the spacer. To fix this, I went with a one size larger belt, GATES K060615. Amazon sells the belt for $15.95

For all of you outside of California and decide to use the Peron supplied fuel line. Cost is $1254.00. That is roughly $200.00 cheaper than the Stratified system and not having to deal with the alternator mount issue. If you live in California and like I mentioned earlier, Amazon will not ship the injectors to CA residents and price of the injectors are $55.00 ea on up. I got mine from Fuel injector Connection for $55.00 ea. Going with a different fuel line will increase the price by $50.00 or so dollars and the Gates belt adds $15.95.

I was planning to install the system during my vacation a week or so ago, but life gets in the way and took up all the spare time before I had to return to work. I will be installing it in the next few weeks, during my days off. I will post photos of the installation when it goes in.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nice write up...where did you get the braided An line?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #4

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I will be looking forward to a write up on the install....hopefully you do one as it looks like I may end going this route due to this setup not having to finagle with the alternator mounting and upset that area. I am awaiting my intercooler setup as it is currently under the knife and will be here next week! Its starting to snow here aleady! [boxface]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Just noticed Whoosh has the full kit pricing now too

A while ago, I mentioned that I was going to go with a aux fuel kit. At the time, I was still researching which way to go. Throttle body, Boomba four port or at the time, Stratified was the only four port that sprayed fuel into all eight intake runners. The throttle body style is easier to install, but the drawback is equal fuel to all four cylinders is not a sure thing. Stratified four port system has a big drawback in that the alternator loses one mount attach point. So, I was going to go with the Boomba setup. I can live with the fuel only being injected into four of the eight intake runners and also I could deal with the fact that the Boomba system has a split fuel rail. Connecting the two fuel rails or having two fuel lines supplying fuel just increases the cost by having to buy more hose and AN fittings.

Well my procrastination paid off. Ron at Whoosh started selling the Peron four port system. Hot Dam, that's the one I want. I was emailing Peron directly getting more information about their system and liked the responses that I was getting.

The bare bones Peron kit is just the fuel spacer/rail, attach bolts, alternator spacer, gasket and the fuel fittings with fuel line. I never saw a photo of the complete hardware package, so I was under the impression that the fuel line would be a braided line with AN-6 fittings. Well upon receiving the plumbing kit, I was surprised at that they used a plastic QD with a plastic hose. I imagine they went this way to keep the kit costs down.

The first photo shows what the kit, less injector and controller comes with. The second photo shows the things you need to get to complete the kit. I was going to mount the controller by the stock horn area, under the R/H headlight assembly. So, I decided that to protect the controller from the elements, I was going to encase it in a waterproof box. Well the useable area is not big enough to mount the box properly and I'm going to mount the controller under the drivers seat. Earlier I made a comment on the Peron supplied fuel line. I decided to go with PTFE lined stainless steel braided line with black nylon covering and -6AN straight fittings instead of the line from Peron.

Injectors are a EV14 compact with split spray pattern, 52lbs flow rate. Part number for the injectors is Bosch 0280158117. Amazon sells them for $40.00 each. Since I live in California, Amazon won't sell them to me, so I had to pay a bit more for mine.

The controller is a SplitSecond AIC1-V4H w/4-Channel Tach. MSRP is $299.00 plus shipping, but Edge Autosport sells it for $295.00 with free shipping.

The alternator has to move fwd a bit and found out that the stock belt really puts extra tension on the tensioner pulley after the installation of the spacer. To fix this, I went with a one size larger belt, GATES K060615. Amazon sells the belt for $15.95

For all of you outside of California and decide to use the Peron supplied fuel line. Cost is $1254.00. That is roughly $200.00 cheaper than the Stratified system and not having to deal with the alternator mount issue. If you live in California and like I mentioned earlier, Amazon will not ship the injectors to CA residents and price of the injectors are $55.00 ea on up. I got mine from Fuel injector Connection for $55.00 ea. Going with a different fuel line will increase the price by $50.00 or so dollars and the Gates belt adds $15.95.

I was planning to install the system during my vacation a week or so ago, but life gets in the way and took up all the spare time before I had to return to work. I will be installing it in the next few weeks, during my days off. I will post photos of the installation when it goes in.

Nice setup.
I have the stratified 4 port and did not lose a mounting attach point on my alternator.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Nice setup.
I have the stratified 4 port and did not lose a mounting attach point on my alternator.
+1 to that I was wondering all this miss information about it missing a bolt with the stratified kit was coming from. For the extra couple hundred bucks I'll stick to the stratified kit. It comes ready to go with with braided lines and AN hardware. No janky plastic lines to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #12
Nice setup.
+1 to that I was wondering all this miss information about it missing a bolt with the stratified kit was coming from. For the extra couple hundred bucks I'll stick to the stratified kit. It comes ready to go with with braided lines and AN hardware. No janky plastic lines to worry about.

Just to be clear. There is at least one forum member here that I have communicated with that has lost use of the lower attach point for the alternator. One person on Facebook that installed the Stratified four port system owns a auto repair shop ran into problems also with the lower attach point. Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION] has stated that he's heard from at least three of his customers regarding the alternator issue as well. Could this be a case of operator error? Could be, but I'm not one to spend $1450.00 and find out that in my case there is a problem, when there is a cheaper alternative.

Yeah, the Peron comes with a cheaper fuel hose, but it's not too much more to get braided hose and fittings to make the kit more refined. In my post, I stated that I spent $50.00 for the plumbing that I wanted. The price is more like $30.00. Summit now sells the hose by the foot, at the time I placed my order, it came in three foot lengths minimum.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Just to be clear. There is at least one forum member here that I have communicated with that has lost use of the lower attach point for the alternator. One person on Facebook that installed the Stratified four port system owns a auto repair shop ran into problems also with the lower attach point. Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION] has stated that he's heard from at least three of his customers regarding the alternator issue as well. Could this be a case of operator error? Could be, but I'm not one to spend $1450.00 and find out that in my case there is a problem, when there is a cheaper alternative.

Yeah, the Peron comes with a cheaper fuel hose, but it's not too much more to get braided hose and fittings to make the kit more refined. In my post, I stated that I spent $50.00 for the plumbing that I wanted. The price is more like $30.00. Summit now sells the hose by the foot, at the time I placed my order, it came in three foot lengths minimum.
No use getting aggressive.
Just sharing my experience. I'm an expericanced mechanic and the kit went in smooth as pie.
For the small difference in price. I'll still give alex my money. He has done a ton for our platform, and his kit is truly plug and play.

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #14
No use getting aggressive.
Just sharing my experience. I'm an expericanced mechanic and the kit went in smooth as pie.
For the small difference in price. I'll still give alex my money. He has done a ton for our platform, and his kit is truly plug and play.

Sorry if my post came off as aggressive, did not mean to and I apologize. Just stating the things that I learned while researching what way I was going to go, so people can make an informed decision on what product will suit them.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

The lower attachment point of the Stratified system reports aren't misinformation if the issue is being reported to me just like failures of X47 turbos...constantly.
Neither are products I offer but I still try to help. The issue about the kit fitment was "solved" on Facebook when Alex chimed in. Their kit is intended to use all 3 mounting points but again, doesn't change the fact that there are many of his customers installing the kit incorrectly. Alex is updating his instruction sheet based on the conversation so there is no more confusion about mounting points in his kit.

I understand there are people that won't like or want this kit which is perfectly fine. I'll wager this kit is the standard use 4 Port kit very soon regardless of the janky comments

-Ron

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I understand there are people that won't like or want this kit which is perfectly fine. I'll wager this kit is the standard use 4 Port kit very soon regardless of the janky comments

-Ron
I will wager you're right as most people are always willing to save a buck regardless of what has to be sacrificed to do it.

You gotta pay to play.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I will wager you're right as most people are always willing to save a buck regardless of what has to be sacrificed to do it.

You gotta pay to play.

Peron parts on your Fiesta is sacrificing something?...that's laughable and you're obviously just in this thread to post hate. I explained our position on the other kit's mounting issues and will explain it to anyone that asks

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Peron parts on your Fiesta is sacrificing something?...that's laughable and you're obviously just in this thread to post hate. I explained our position on the other kit's mounting issues and will explain it to anyone that asks
You know what Ron. I am hating on plastic fuel lines. So call it what you want.

I'm sorry I care about my car or someone else's going up in flames.

I'm done hating. I put my 2 cents in.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
You know what Ron. I am hating on plastic fuel lines. So call it what you want.

I'm sorry I care about my car or someone else's going up in flames.

I'm done hating. I put my 2 cents in.

I didn't design the kit or make the decision on their fuel line material. I will however reach out to Peron and ask why they selected this particular fuel line and if upgrading it is a possibility for the kits I purchase for the US. I'll report back with info.
I'm fairly certain but not 100% sure that there are fuel lines of the same exact material coming right off the fuel bucket at the tank. It's not a danger to use this material and I'll have one of the Peron kits in use as shipped from Peron shortly on my build as well.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I didn't design the kit or make the decision on their fuel line material. I will however reach out to Peron and ask why they selected this particular fuel line and if upgrading it is a possibility for the kits I purchase for the US. I'll report back with info.
I'm fairly certain but not 100% sure that there are fuel lines of the same exact material coming right off the fuel bucket at the tank. It's not a danger to use this material and I'll have one of the Peron kits in use as shipped from Peron shortly on my build as well.
I understand you didn't make it but your defending it as if you did.

Plastic line in a low temp area like the tank is one thing, but in an extremely hot engine bay like the FiST's I see this being a problem due to all the heat cycling and the plastic potentially fatiguing.

Yet again I'm just hating though.