Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine swap

Regedit024

Hey guys, I'm in need of some help. My nephew has a 2011 fiesta with the 1.6l engine I'm helping him work on. He had a problem with the cooling system (possibly a stuck thermostat) and got the engine hot enough to warp the head so I found him an engine with around 13,000 miles on it and over the weekend we pulled the front clip off and dropped it in.

As you have probably guessed by my being here the engine did not start. [bawling] It cranks and even hits, but no start. We pulled the codes and got something like 13 codes, cleared them and checked again, only 2 codes now, 0340 and 0365, both for the cam sensors. I verified that the sensors were the same from both engines and swapped them, no love, same codes. I checked for voltage on them and get 5v on both. I also verified that the cams are actually turning.

I feel like the ecm has detected that someone has been monkeying with the engine and this is some kind of lock out.[:(!] I've seen references to that kind of thing online but can't find any clear answers. I don't have access to an oscope to check out the sensors, I can smell gas when cranking and I'm getting some type of fire at least.

I'm not sure what to do next besides take it to the stealership.
It's a 2011 fiesta ses 1.6l DOHC 16 valve with automatic transmission. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance
Greg in Florida