Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

4300k LED mini projector Bulbs for OEM fog light assemblies with yellow Lamin-X?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So, don't want to spend $160 for the Diode Dynamics or the Morimoto XB complete fog lights when I already have Lamin-X yellow on my OEM fog lights but also want something whiter than the neon green I get with the extra 6000k+ LED's I threw in there for now... Does anyone know if any of the 4300k H11 mini projectors actually put out good brightness? I figure with the projectors on them that they wouldn't be quite so scattered everywhere as the OEM assemblies are with non-projector bulbs in them... Thanks in advance for any advice, i'd hate to have to look at cheap complete housings but that's probably next option but don't want to waste the Lamin-X I already installed.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
Well, never mind, I'm trying some $20 yellow LED's that claim 1900 lumens each side, even if not really all that should be good enough for factory fog housings anyway...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I know we started off with someone finding those MAXGTRS on there but my htoughts: those 4300k you have on the shelf aren't available anymore in h11 but too wide for headlights they might go well with the yellow Lamin-X for fogs, have you tried them? And actually that last set looks pretty good for golden yellow at a full 12W actual I might just cancel the 8.5W ones I ordered off amazon for $20... Who knows what we should limit actual wattage to in stock fog housings but seems there is a big disparity in wattage from 5-15w for fogs and 23-35w for low beams, I don't know what to think anymore other than if I throw some money at Morimoto or Diode Dynamic complete fog assemblies then I'm sure I'd like them...

KKaWing

I'm messing with these bulbs purely for the sake of messing with them. If you want something that works and works well, you can't go wrong with the morimoto fog assembly.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I'm messing with these bulbs purely for the sake of messing with them. If you want something that works and works well, you can't go wrong with the morimoto fog assembly.
I hear you... since I went "all in" and got the H11RC reflector HID's for my low beams still just trying to decide what to do with the fogs... I figured I'd look at options that are 4300k since I already have the yellow Lamin-X and now I'm overwhelmed with choices on Aliexpress and need to decide whether to go for the 12w mini projector fogs but seeing a lot of 4300k choices in full 25w+ headlight power too, all very cheap...

KKaWing

I hear you... since I went "all in" and got the H11RC reflector HID's for my low beams still just trying to decide what to do with the fogs... I figured I'd look at options that are 4300k since I already have the yellow Lamin-X and now I'm overwhelmed with choices on Aliexpress and need to decide whether to go for the 12w mini projector fogs but seeing a lot of 4300k choices in full 25w+ headlight power too, all very cheap...
Careful with what seems like "yellow" fogs that end up looking green. I think this instance the extra $ is worth the colour certainty :p

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Careful with what seems like "yellow" fogs that end up looking green. I think this instance the extra $ is worth the colour certainty :p
That's exactly what I have now using 6000-6500k LED's and would like to "fix", although some people actually like it... but it's come down to plenty of choices in 4300k on Aliexpress, strangely can't really find 4300k very inexpensive from stateside vendors, even eBay, etc... I blew my wad on good HID's for reflectors and fog lights aren't as important to me.