Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why are so many people selling?

me32

1000 Post Club
Personally I do not understand why someone would lease one of our cars in the first place. Its just too tempting to mod. Lease cars are something you get drive and get rid of.

Though like I alluded to earlier its not like Ford did not make the lease attractive.
You are correct. The whole purpose of a lease is to drive something new every few years and keep within the miles.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Still have mine, but I have had issues with it since I bought it. It's always pulled to the left despite perfect alignment, chews through bearings, and lately it's going through rotors. $90 cryo rotor with 6000 miles on it? Warped. From street use. Now I would assume that's all connected, that torque vectoring isn't working right or the lefthand calipers are dragging or something along those lines. But I take it to Ford and their solution is a reprogram for the steering, or an alignment, or replace a rotor. Every time charging me labor and solving nothing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

My first thought with this is that the frame could be bent somewhere...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
As for me, I've been thinking of trading mine in for one with a sunroof...and while I'm at it, younger with less mileage, and in a color that is more to my liking.

I've put so much into getting it going as I like though to best fit my usage, that it might not happen anytime soon...besides I think I might want to at least wait until it's fully paid off.

I've also been considering a jeep or truck for some offroad use.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
As for me, I've been thinking of trading mine in for one with a sunroof...and while I'm at it, younger with less mileage, and in a color that is more to my liking...................
Don't know if the spontaneous shattering issues have been fully addressed, but wouldn't a panoramic be so nice? My seat is all the way back, but the back is straight. Certainly better than nothing, but the Fiesta's roof could be pushed a tad forward and made larger. The tech that allows you to turn glass from opaque to transparent with electric current has been around for some time; used with hospital patent rooms. Wonder if it's durable/stable enough for auto glass? Still won't come close to the sun roof on my motorcycle though.... [;)]

redmoe

Some people are just crazy indecisive and get bored easy..... Wait that's me lol. I got rid of mine once I had hit the point of needing a bigger turbo to get the desired acceleration that I wanted. Also the car was starting to rattle like crazy. I know its an american car (I have owned plenty) but there was an really loud creaking noise developing in the driver side door panel. This was my second hot hatch (had a Golf R for a brief period of time) and I loved the concept I just preferred the muscle car styling. Just depends on where you priorities are and how you spend your money. I am not big on spending a bunch of dough for a super fancy house and don't travel much so the cars are my vice.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Don't know if the spontaneous shattering issues have been fully addressed, but wouldn't a panoramic be so nice? My seat is all the way back, but the back is straight. Certainly better than nothing, but the Fiesta's roof could be pushed a tad forward and made larger. The tech that allows you to turn glass from opaque to transparent with electric current has been around for some time; used with hospital patent rooms. Wonder if it's durable/stable enough for auto glass? Still won't come close to the sun roof on my motorcycle though.... [;)]
Those are nice, but the main reason I like the sunroof is for the extra ventillation. Cruising down the highway with the sunroof open works for all but the hottest days...even here in SoCal. And personally, I prefer it to the a/c anyway (except of course on the hottest days). Leaving the sunroof cracked while parked keeps the car cool too (except for the hottest days) and even if you don't, opening it after entering it (even on the hottest days) nearly instantly cools the whole car down to a reasonable temperature.

I sure do miss it...but at least now I have a motorcycle again. Unfortunately winter is just around the corner, but I'll be riding it anyway.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Some people are just crazy indecisive and get bored easy..... Wait that's me lol. I got rid of mine once I had hit the point of needing a bigger turbo to get the desired acceleration that I wanted. Also the car was starting to rattle like crazy. I know its an american car (I have owned plenty) but there was an really loud creaking noise developing in the driver side door panel. This was my second hot hatch (had a Golf R for a brief period of time) and I loved the concept I just preferred the muscle car styling. Just depends on where you priorities are and how you spend your money. I am not big on spending a bunch of dough for a super fancy house and don't travel much so the cars are my vice.
I prefer muscle cars styling too. Only reason I have a hot hatch is because muscle cars can't comfortably load/unload the stuff I need to carry on a regular basis. That said I'm glad I found/bought my FiST. It's actually more fun to drive during my commute, easier to park, and mileage doesn't hurt. It turns less heads, but I'm starting to see that as a good thing now...

The booger ain't going anywhere any time soon. I would like to upgrade the intercooler and add a bigger puma speed turbo to him in the next few years. I would also like to get some konig 16x8 flow form wheels

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The booger ain't going anywhere any time soon. I would like to upgrade the intercooler and add a bigger puma speed turbo to him in the next few years. I would also like to get some konig 16x8 flow form wheels
Good to hear!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

An older FiST driver chiming in here:

When I was younger, I changed cars a lot because I could only afford (or had space) to have one at a time, but I figured life was too short to spend a long time with any one car. It was rare that I kept a car more than three years. Later, I finally got a car that felt perfect for me--an '04 SVT Focus--and I kept it for seven years, and the only reason I traded it (on a Mazda2, big mistake--same platform as the FiST, so laughably inferior) was that I was tired of its many problems that were not quite catastrophic but were unusually expensive to repair for an "economy car."

But I regretted not keeping that car almost every day since...until I bought a '17 FiST, which I love even more than the SVTF.

If this car proves to be dependable (so far so good after 12K), I can imagine happily driving it at least 10 more years (I don't put on a ton of miles--maybe 8K a year). I think when you get older and find a car that feels right for you, you're more inclined to want to keep it as long as it's practical to, and not start wanting newer and/or faster things. My hope is to keep the FiSt long enough that if I do decide to sell it eventually, it'll be a Bring a Trailer-worthy car at that point and fetch a decent price.