Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

4 Likes

Why are so many people selling?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Why are so many people selling their cars? There are no replacements for this car the other manufacturers that will continue to build hot hatch like cars are going to be much more Focus ST like. Not to mention the price nowhere even close when you think about the incentives off the sticker price. I hear my wife or girlfriend doesn't like it, or I need to save some money man lay off the Starbucks. If you get rid of the things that you like because of other people's opinions you are probably going to have a grudge against that person including your significant other and that never ends well.

It just makes me sad to see so many people sell what is probably the best performance bargain car ever made. Just a thought so many cars popping up for sell lately.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Member 133 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

their loss...

Senior Member 1224 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

4 Likes

VERY SHORT attention spans in this land, way too easily bored privileged jadedness, compulsion to have the most popular, "next best thing" coming down the pike, who knows.
    I regularly took 2 sons to hockey games and practices in a 4th gen Z28 (and one was a goalie), so the "need more room" thing does not compute for me, and most with families have an SUV/minivan as a second vehicle in their stable anyway, if they really did need the room.

I plan on keeping mine until it either gets totaled beyond repair, rusts out to the point of not being drivable, or I die.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

New Member 32 Rep Points SlowDunny's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Some people keep their phones until they are obsolete and others get the new model each year.

Not surprised at the amount of people selling but I am kinda surprised how low some of the selling prices are now, wish I waited a year.

Member #
    Medals
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    I plan on keeping mine until it either gets totaled beyond repair, rusts out to the point of not being drivable, or I die.
    Same here.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

Member 91 Rep Points Sessantacinque's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    Country
    Italy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Likes

I'll sell my Cicasso, because i'm really fed-up of this car….Yesterday, the same engine warning light, began to light up like crazy...The reason why?..a little rubber pipe broke in two parts, spilling down the gearbox actuator oil on the floor….
    This is only one of a series of problems happened to this car….

The car I'll never sell, is my FiST….!
    Last edited by Sessantacinque; 11-10-2018 at 01:55 AM.
    2015 FiST, track day car.
    Frozen white, stock engine and engine control unit, BMC air panel, Eibach springs kit.
    Rear seats, plastic rear panels deleted.

Member 77 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Eh, for me, it’s a 3rd car and not something I drive for commute anymore. I have a paid for car that I drive the kids around in and the wife has a new car.

That being said, we have been traveling in the FiST to balance the mileage off of her daily commute. She’s at 90 miles a day.

If I don’t sell the ST in the next month or so, I will keep it and teach her to drive a manual so she can alternate or whatever.
    2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST
    -Rally Armory Flaps-

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I really like this car and I genuinely enjoy driving it, but it's a car I "settled" for.

It's not necessarily the car I wanted, but it was the best compromise for what I wanted/needed.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

New Member 23 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought my FIST as a "cheap" commuter car and did not expect to like as much as I do. I bought a white one as it would not show the dirt and it would get parked in the street. Well turns out I like more than even my 2018 Mustang GT, so lately the GT is getting the street and I'm not driving the FIST as a DD- rotating it with the GT now. Why because the FIST is quicker and easier to drive, better visibility, easier to park, more room inside and more comfortable- and I get nearly 40 MPG with it. If I had to get rid of a car it would be my GT, not he FIST and get a jeep or a truck. I have had no problems with the FIST at all after 8K miles. My GT is noisy with piston slap but from what I read it's normal. So FIST I'm keeping a long time. It's not replaceable as Ford is not making any more for the states so it will be a rare breed over here.
    2017 Fiesta ST Base, 2018 Mustang GT Base, 1966 Bronco Project

Senior Member 942 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford ST View Post
    Why are so many people selling their cars? There are no replacements for this car the other manufacturers that will continue to build hot hatch like cars are going to be much more Focus ST like. Not to mention the price nowhere even close when you think about the incentives off the sticker price. I hear my wife or girlfriend doesn't like it, or I need to save some money man lay off the Starbucks. If you get rid of the things that you like because of other people's opinions you are probably going to have a grudge against that person including your significant other and that never ends well.

It just makes me sad to see so many people sell what is probably the best performance bargain car ever made. Just a thought so many cars popping up for sell lately.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    I still belong to the SYTY.net forum and its about as dead as it can be....I've owned the Typhoon for almost a decade now....I will NEVER sell it EVER. -People just live in the I want it right now disposable world thanks to Amazon...cell phones and FADS. I will have the FiST forever.....Never gonna sell it! I've sad it numerous times when I see a part out and going to sell it......it is sad!
    Last edited by TyphoonFiST; 11-09-2018 at 12:55 AM.
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast