Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why are so many people selling?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Why are so many people selling their cars? There are no replacements for this car the other manufacturers that will continue to build hot hatch like cars are going to be much more Focus ST like. Not to mention the price nowhere even close when you think about the incentives off the sticker price. I hear my wife or girlfriend doesn't like it, or I need to save some money man lay off the Starbucks. If you get rid of the things that you like because of other people's opinions you are probably going to have a grudge against that person including your significant other and that never ends well.

It just makes me sad to see so many people sell what is probably the best performance bargain car ever made. Just a thought so many cars popping up for sell lately.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
VERY SHORT attention spans in this land, way too easily bored privileged jadedness, compulsion to have the most popular, "next best thing" coming down the pike, who knows. [dunno]
I regularly took 2 sons to hockey games and practices in a 4th gen Z28 (and one was a goalie), so the "need more room" thing does not compute for me, and most with families have an SUV/minivan as a second vehicle in their stable anyway, if they really did need the room. [wink]

I plan on keeping mine until it either gets totaled beyond repair, rusts out to the point of not being drivable, or I die. [driving]

Some people keep their phones until they are obsolete and others get the new model each year.

Not surprised at the amount of people selling but I am kinda surprised how low some of the selling prices are now, wish I waited a year.

I'll sell my Cicasso, because i'm really fed-up of this car….Yesterday, the same engine warning light, began to light up like crazy...The reason why?..a little rubber pipe broke in two parts, spilling down the gearbox actuator oil on the floor….[paranoid][wrenchin][}:)]
This is only one of a series of problems happened to this car….[clap][confuse]

The car I'll never sell, is my FiST….[wink]!

Last edited:

Jerickson88

Eh, for me, it’s a 3rd car and not something I drive for commute anymore. I have a paid for car that I drive the kids around in and the wife has a new car.

That being said, we have been traveling in the FiST to balance the mileage off of her daily commute. She’s at 90 miles a day.

If I don’t sell the ST in the next month or so, I will keep it and teach her to drive a manual so she can alternate or whatever.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I really like this car and I genuinely enjoy driving it, but it's a car I "settled" for.

It's not necessarily the car I wanted, but it was the best compromise for what I wanted/needed.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I bought my FIST as a "cheap" commuter car and did not expect to like as much as I do. I bought a white one as it would not show the dirt and it would get parked in the street. Well turns out I like more than even my 2018 Mustang GT, so lately the GT is getting the street and I'm not driving the FIST as a DD- rotating it with the GT now. Why because the FIST is quicker and easier to drive, better visibility, easier to park, more room inside and more comfortable- and I get nearly 40 MPG with it. If I had to get rid of a car it would be my GT, not he FIST and get a jeep or a truck. I have had no problems with the FIST at all after 8K miles. My GT is noisy with piston slap but from what I read it's normal. So FIST I'm keeping a long time. It's not replaceable as Ford is not making any more for the states so it will be a rare breed over here.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why are so many people selling their cars? There are no replacements for this car the other manufacturers that will continue to build hot hatch like cars are going to be much more Focus ST like. Not to mention the price nowhere even close when you think about the incentives off the sticker price. I hear my wife or girlfriend doesn't like it, or I need to save some money man lay off the Starbucks. If you get rid of the things that you like because of other people's opinions you are probably going to have a grudge against that person including your significant other and that never ends well.

It just makes me sad to see so many people sell what is probably the best performance bargain car ever made. Just a thought so many cars popping up for sell lately.

I still belong to the SYTY.net forum and its about as dead as it can be....I've owned the Typhoon for almost a decade now....I will NEVER sell it EVER. -People just live in the I want it right now disposable world thanks to Amazon...cell phones and FADS. I will have the FiST forever.....Never gonna sell it! I've sad it numerous times when I see a part out and going to sell it......it is sad!

Last edited:
I'm new here, but I can assume it's because people want either more space or more of a GT car. You need to be an enthusiast to want to drive one of these daily. These a very polarizing cars and I've taken a lot of shit for buying one from friends who are even car enthusiasts. I just shut them up by saying "tell me about other 200HP 6spd cars with carplay and climate control that weight well under 3k lbs and cost under $20k new" I don't know how any real car enthusiast can hate on that.

Business6

Amazon and attention spans? Yeesh.
Needs change and there are a thousand variables involved. People own cars on an average of 6 years so there will be tons of people who both hold on to cars longer and sell them sooner.

I mean, this is a long shot, but I imagine money is a pretty important factor. Shit APR or too much debt, whatever the case is it's not something that calls for social commentary.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Needs change and there are a thousand variables involved. People own cars on an average of 6 years so there will be tons of people who both hold on to cars longer and sell them sooner.

I mean, this is a long shot, but I imagine money is a pretty important factor. Shit APR or too much debt, whatever the case is it's not something that calls for social commentary.
They would probably have more money if they would hold on to stuff and not sell it just saying. Maybe talkin about why so many people are giving up these cars will make someone think hey maybe I should keep it. Nothing wrong with talking about why.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
They would probably have more money if they would hold on to stuff and not sell it just saying. Maybe talkin about why so many people are giving up these cars will make someone think hey maybe I should keep it. Nothing wrong with talking about why.

I plan on keeping my Fist for a good while.

That is until I buy a GTR...

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

If mine doesn’t sell here in the next month or so, I’ll keep it. I just don’t “need” it, but after 2 years of payments, might as well

I keep saying I want to hold on to this car for a long while but I also keep browsing on autotrader and sites like that. Since 2012, I've owned 5 different cars and never 2 at one time. For me, it was just that I bought cars that I thought were one thing and ended up being something else. I am happy with the FiST but yet I look at ads for a Focus RS, Type R and Golf R(will pass on the Golf R). I have also come to the realization the the mod bug I've had since I got my license back in the mid 90's has severely faded these last couple years. All do little mods here and there but nothing crazy.

I guess at this time in the "car life", it might come down to spending a little cash on the FiST or see if I can find more Joy in an RS or Type R. More HP, sportier feel(i dont have Recaros in the FiST) and bigger boot space would be a nice bonus but maybe not enough of a bonus to switch cars over.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

When I Bought my FiST it was 0% APR Though ford....[party]