Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why are so many people selling?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Shit APR or too much debt
Did Ford stop offering the 0% APR loans after late '16?

I got $0 down, 0% APR for 5 years on mine, but yeah, of course if one applied for the Ford financing with a mountain of debt, they would not qualify for the 0% APR.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If mine doesn’t sell here in the next month or so, I’ll keep it. I just don’t “need” it, but after 2 years of payments, might as well
If you sell it you will regret it...if you can afford it just keep it....you will thank me later as more any more people crash and burn them...they get stolen...this creates rarity over time.[party]

A7xogg

Well, I need a bigger car. Thought it would be big enough for the kid but it is not. Haven't sold it but that's my deterrent to sell. There are other reasons but that's the big one and not something I can fix.

Still have mine, but I have had issues with it since I bought it. It's always pulled to the left despite perfect alignment, chews through bearings, and lately it's going through rotors. $90 cryo rotor with 6000 miles on it? Warped. From street use. Now I would assume that's all connected, that torque vectoring isn't working right or the lefthand calipers are dragging or something along those lines. But I take it to Ford and their solution is a reprogram for the steering, or an alignment, or replace a rotor. Every time charging me labor and solving nothing. It's my only car, too, so I can't just keep taking it back. They don't give me a loaner. So that's why I have contemplated selling it. Thing is it's paid for, and I really don't want to pick up more debt or trade a car with 65k miles for a car with double that. So I'm just angry driving it.

As far as no replacements in the current market, the new 2019 Veloster has similar power at 201 hp and 195 lb/ft out of a 1.6L, a 6 speed manual, and is only a passenger heavier while having independent rear suspension. A couple inches longer, wider, and shorter than the ST, but overall very similar. Probably not as tail happy from the dealer, but with an independent rear you can likely mess with it a bit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

slopoke

I commute 105 miles per day and wanted a commuter car. Saw the Fiesta ST and noticed the performance numbers so I went to the dealer and had a look. Looks wise, I really liked it. Having the amount of HP in a 2700 lb car cemented the deal. I got mine for $20,000 OTD, no other car with that price point comes close to the performance of the Fiesta. I was going to keep it simple like exhaust, FMIC, intake and upgrade the brakes. Well, I went way beyond what I was going to do. I plan to keep it til the wheels fall off, but if something with similar performance characteristics and price point is available in 6 or 7 years, who knows what I'd do. As for why people are selling, I have no clue. It just makes the used Fiesta fall within reach for someone with a smaller paycheck that couldn't afford a new one.

I drive pretty much all highway miles daily and this isn't the best car for that due to the short wheelbase and light weight. I'd be much better in a bigger heavier car but I can't quit the FiST. After Installing the X-47, it's too much fun.

sounds like you need a P-71 crown vic. leave the push bar on it and watch everyone slow down and get out of your way. They last forever, cheep and are very stable at high speed
That sounds awesome. Craigslisting for a P-71 now!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still have mine, but I have had issues with it since I bought it. It's always pulled to the left despite perfect alignment, chews through bearings, and lately it's going through rotors. $90 cryo rotor with 6000 miles on it? Warped. From street use. Now I would assume that's all connected, that torque vectoring isn't working right or the lefthand calipers are dragging or something along those lines. But I take it to Ford and their solution is a reprogram for the steering, or an alignment, or replace a rotor. Every time charging me labor and solving nothing. It's my only car, too, so I can't just keep taking it back. They don't give me a loaner. So that's why I have contemplated selling it. Thing is it's paid for, and I really don't want to pick up more debt or trade a car with 65k miles for a car with double that. So I'm just angry driving it.

As far as no replacements in the current market, the new 2019 Veloster has similar power at 201 hp and 195 lb/ft out of a 1.6L, a 6 speed manual, and is only a passenger heavier while having independent rear suspension. A couple inches longer, wider, and shorter than the ST, but overall very similar. Probably not as tail happy from the dealer, but with an independent rear you can likely mess with it a bit.

Why haven't you thought of lemon lawing it? If the repair can't be fixed after so many attempts you have the right to get your money back or another vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Can't lemon law if they never acknowledge there's a problem.

Why haven't you thought of lemon lawing it? If the repair can't be fixed after so many attempts you have the right to get your money back or another vehicle.

I was watching a youtube video about someone who had a lemon Hellcat Challenger with alignment issues just like yours. It might be worth measuring the gap from the wheels to the fender to check if the subframe placement is proper or way out of whack. Maybe a spindle is bent or is out of spec causing it to eat bearings? Could be a shot in the dark but who knows.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can't lemon law if they never acknowledge there's a problem.

The problem is constantly having to align it and its eating rotors and bearings.

There are too many great cars out there to limit yourself to just one. Other cars in the same vein that I would like to experience, BRZ and ND MX5. Lightweight, fun, communicative with far superior build quality so why not. I can only afford one car at a time so at some point the FiST has to go.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
I will keep my ST till it's dead will never sell it ever. Unless I lose my foot and can't use a clutch anymore. The Wife and I have 3 cars the ST is by far the best.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

A point that I think no one has yet made in this discussion is that for some the FiST was simply the "flavor of the month". The car was (is) just another passing fancy, and once the novelty wears off, it's time to go get another taste. This can be especially true for the heavy modders, who, once they have done all they can to car, need another "fix" since to Hot-Rodders (in general) a car is never done, and once it is "done" its time for something else to tinker with in the garage. They have an investment in tools, lifts, etc in their garage, and if they aren't going to be using them again, there is no point in owning all those tools.

My 2¢

zanethan

Why are so many people selling their cars? There are no replacements for this car the other manufacturers that will continue to build hot hatch like cars are going to be much more Focus ST like. Not to mention the price nowhere even close when you think about the incentives off the sticker price. I hear my wife or girlfriend doesn't like it, or I need to save some money man lay off the Starbucks. If you get rid of the things that you like because of other people's opinions you are probably going to have a grudge against that person including your significant other and that never ends well.

It just makes me sad to see so many people sell what is probably the best performance bargain car ever made. Just a thought so many cars popping up for sell lately.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Because the economy is good, gas is “cheap”, and Americans gotta have their big old SUVs that cost as much as a house. Yay debt!!!!!

Ironically, I did just buy an SUV (2011 Xterra with a manual) but I bought it to be used off-road as a toy. I also bought it outright with the funds from selling my Ducati. I must say that ridding high is a nice feeling but I agree it’s dumb that so many are selling their Fiestas. Especially with the depreciation hit people are taking right now.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A point that I think no one has yet made in this discussion is that for some the FiST was simply the "flavor of the month". The car was (is) just another passing fancy, and once the novelty wears off, it's time to go get another taste. This can be especially true for the heavy modders, who, once they have done all they can to car, need another "fix" since to Hot-Rodders (in general) a car is never done, and once it is "done" its time for something else to tinker with in the garage. They have an investment in tools, lifts, etc in their garage, and if they aren't going to be using them again, there is no point in owning all those tools.

My 2¢
Great points! [thumb]

But I will hold onto mine, no matter how much I do, or do not mod it, since it is the very first time (and sadly, likely the very last it now seems) which a domestic nameplate manufacturer in general, and Ford specifically, has given us the same small performance cars HERE, that they offered to Europe/the rest of the world, since they have been building them. ;) [driving]

Ford Community Posts