Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Senior Member 258 Rep Points me32's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    Personally I do not understand why someone would lease one of our cars in the first place. Its just too tempting to mod. Lease cars are something you get drive and get rid of.

Though like I alluded to earlier its not like Ford did not make the lease attractive.
    You are correct. The whole purpose of a lease is to drive something new every few years and keep within the miles.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    2921 out of 6513 coupes
    132 of 314 Alloy Metallic
    Shelby Dash Plaque,FRPP TVS Super power pack ,Drag Pack,SVT handling pack,FRPP Cobra Jet TB/MAF/80lb injectors,J&M UCA,LCA,Adj.PHB,SFC,PH A/D,O/R H, DynoMax 3in,CHE, Shelby Rad/HE,VMP 2.59,KB BAP,L&M plenum,BMR KMEMEBER,AED CUSTOM RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM.
    91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
    700HP/700TQ ON E85
    10.78 @ 129MPH 1.644 60FT

2014 Fiesta ST Green Envy Tricoat SOLD
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fusion

Senior Member 135 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nmh5001 View Post
    Still have mine, but I have had issues with it since I bought it. It's always pulled to the left despite perfect alignment, chews through bearings, and lately it's going through rotors. $90 cryo rotor with 6000 miles on it? Warped. From street use. Now I would assume that's all connected, that torque vectoring isn't working right or the lefthand calipers are dragging or something along those lines. But I take it to Ford and their solution is a reprogram for the steering, or an alignment, or replace a rotor. Every time charging me labor and solving nothing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

My first thought with this is that the frame could be bent somewhere...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for me, I've been thinking of trading mine in for one with a sunroof...and while I'm at it, younger with less mileage, and in a color that is more to my liking.

I've put so much into getting it going as I like though to best fit my usage, that it might not happen anytime soon...besides I think I might want to at least wait until it's fully paid off.

I've also been considering a jeep or truck for some offroad use.

Senior Member 351 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by neeqness View Post
    As for me, I've been thinking of trading mine in for one with a sunroof...and while I'm at it, younger with less mileage, and in a color that is more to my liking...................
    Don't know if the spontaneous shattering issues have been fully addressed, but wouldn't a panoramic be so nice? My seat is all the way back, but the back is straight. Certainly better than nothing, but the Fiesta's roof could be pushed a tad forward and made larger. The tech that allows you to turn glass from opaque to transparent with electric current has been around for some time; used with hospital patent rooms. Wonder if it's durable/stable enough for auto glass? Still won't come close to the sun roof on my motorcycle though....
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Member 234 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Some people are just crazy indecisive and get bored easy..... Wait that's me lol. I got rid of mine once I had hit the point of needing a bigger turbo to get the desired acceleration that I wanted. Also the car was starting to rattle like crazy. I know its an american car (I have owned plenty) but there was an really loud creaking noise developing in the driver side door panel. This was my second hot hatch (had a Golf R for a brief period of time) and I loved the concept I just preferred the muscle car styling. Just depends on where you priorities are and how you spend your money. I am not big on spending a bunch of dough for a super fancy house and don't travel much so the cars are my vice.
    Fiesta ST and other car mods YouTube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo...r4P2m-INw4BN5w

Current Vehicles:
    2019 Ford Mustang GT (manual)
    2018 Ford Explorer Dark Silver
    2019 Chevy ZR2 Colorado Orange

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
    Don't know if the spontaneous shattering issues have been fully addressed, but wouldn't a panoramic be so nice? My seat is all the way back, but the back is straight. Certainly better than nothing, but the Fiesta's roof could be pushed a tad forward and made larger. The tech that allows you to turn glass from opaque to transparent with electric current has been around for some time; used with hospital patent rooms. Wonder if it's durable/stable enough for auto glass? Still won't come close to the sun roof on my motorcycle though....
    Those are nice, but the main reason I like the sunroof is for the extra ventillation. Cruising down the highway with the sunroof open works for all but the hottest days...even here in SoCal. And personally, I prefer it to the a/c anyway (except of course on the hottest days). Leaving the sunroof cracked while parked keeps the car cool too (except for the hottest days) and even if you don't, opening it after entering it (even on the hottest days) nearly instantly cools the whole car down to a reasonable temperature.

I sure do miss it...but at least now I have a motorcycle again. Unfortunately winter is just around the corner, but I'll be riding it anyway.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by redmoe View Post
    Some people are just crazy indecisive and get bored easy..... Wait that's me lol. I got rid of mine once I had hit the point of needing a bigger turbo to get the desired acceleration that I wanted. Also the car was starting to rattle like crazy. I know its an american car (I have owned plenty) but there was an really loud creaking noise developing in the driver side door panel. This was my second hot hatch (had a Golf R for a brief period of time) and I loved the concept I just preferred the muscle car styling. Just depends on where you priorities are and how you spend your money. I am not big on spending a bunch of dough for a super fancy house and don't travel much so the cars are my vice.
    I prefer muscle cars styling too. Only reason I have a hot hatch is because muscle cars can't comfortably load/unload the stuff I need to carry on a regular basis. That said I'm glad I found/bought my FiST. It's actually more fun to drive during my commute, easier to park, and mileage doesn't hurt. It turns less heads, but I'm starting to see that as a good thing now...

New Member 7 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The booger ain't going anywhere any time soon. I would like to upgrade the intercooler and add a bigger puma speed turbo to him in the next few years. I would also like to get some konig 16x8 flow form wheels

Senior Member 950 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by GreenenvyFiST View Post
    The booger ain't going anywhere any time soon. I would like to upgrade the intercooler and add a bigger puma speed turbo to him in the next few years. I would also like to get some konig 16x8 flow form wheels
    Good to hear!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

New Member 7 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    It's a market. Some us are buying!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567