Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most reliable big turbo for lots of miles per year

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I drive around 60k/yr (miles) and want to know why the best bet is.

Mountune has the Mrx on sale (ish... $1850 with actuator)

Others from Ron are a little steeper but look a little better QC and more boost.

This is a work car and I don’t need to pop something incidentally but looking for a little more oooomph when playing on the highway

Vendor Premier Vendor 1361 Rep Points ron@whoosh's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shortbuss View Post
    I drive around 60k/yr (miles) and want to know why the best bet is.

Mountune has the Mrx on sale (ish... $1850 with actuator)

Others from Ron are a little steeper but look a little better QC and more boost.

This is a work car and I don’t need to pop something incidentally but looking for a little more oooomph when playing on the highway
    I can help sort you out
    If cost is an issue we ship ATP 2860R Gen2 kits all the time for the best price out there. Just message me for better pricing than site price.
    There are options to reduce spool with this kit such as our VUDU CNC ported manifold that has proven to reduce spool by 300-400RPM even with the MRX kit from Mountune

We also will have Peron cast manifolds soon that will also cost less than fabricated tubular and will help things along as well for the ATP kits if you'd want to add it later down the road.

Either way we have you covered, let me know how I can help

whoosh motorsports
    Performance Parts and Accessories: Fiesta ST . Focus ST/RS . Mustang ecoboost
    Ron Miller, Owner
    610-334-2158

http://whooshmotorsports.com

New Member 23 Rep Points denveryettie's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    ID
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ron@whoosh View Post
    I can help sort you out
    If cost is an issue we ship ATP 2860R Gen2 kits all the time for the best price out there. Just message me for better pricing than site price.
    There are options to reduce spool with this kit such as our VUDU CNC ported manifold that has proven to reduce spool by 300-400RPM even with the MRX kit from Mountune

We also will have Peron cast manifolds soon that will also cost less than fabricated tubular and will help things along as well for the ATP kits if you'd want to add it later down the road.

Either way we have you covered, let me know how I can help
    Ron, I didnt realize that manifold would save that much on spool even with MRX. Im on MRX right now and would like to see that spool time drop a bit. Do you have any info on how it performs with MRX power wise, or what the top end looks like??? Also any details you can share on the Peron option that is soon to come? What style will it be?

Vendor Premier Vendor 1361 Rep Points ron@whoosh's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denveryettie View Post
    Ron, I didnt realize that manifold would save that much on spool even with MRX. Im on MRX right now and would like to see that spool time drop a bit. Do you have any info on how it performs with MRX power wise, or what the top end looks like??? Also any details you can share on the Peron option that is soon to come? What style will it be?
    I simply received an email from a customer explaining the results
    Not much else to share
    I'm not at all surprised though ATP turbo kit owners have been snatching up these manifolds like crazy because it helps. You do have to open up your adapter plate on the MRX and ATP to 42mm as well to match the manifold for this to work properly but that's easy compared to trying to port the entire manifold yourself
    The CNC option makes things exact every time which was truly the way to go and shows the way things are done at AET

As for the Peron cast manifold, it will be stock size at the flange most likely as it is deemed a super stock manifold
    The design of the manifold is still being tested but I think the pics of the ram horn style will end up being the way the manifold is produced. That's purely speculation on my part

whoosh motorsports
    Performance Parts and Accessories: Fiesta ST . Focus ST/RS . Mustang ecoboost
    Ron Miller, Owner
    610-334-2158

http://whooshmotorsports.com

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are these turbos good with being tuned reliably for around 300whp where the fuel runs out? I don’t know I want to go full crazy and run the secondary fueling but would like a good housing and bearing with good spool time around 300

Vendor Premier Vendor 168 Rep Points pwnall1337's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Are these turbos good with being tuned reliably for around 300whp where the fuel runs out? I don’t know I want to go full crazy and run the secondary fueling but would like a good housing and bearing with good spool time around 300
    Hey There :)

We have many options to choose from as well that may fit your requirements. While we do carry the gen 2 gtx2860r kits, for your power goal I'd recommend an x47r. You'll max out around 280whp on 93 octane and require an ethanol mix to hit 300+whp, however with the x47r you'll have a much better tq curve than the GT25 series turbos (MRX) and the car will respond with boost close to stock where as the GT25 turbo series will really change how the car feels and responds. In regards to reliability, I think the Pumaspeed x37 (265whp) on 93 octane is the king, but that's only because it came out 3 years ago and there are multiple cars running that turbo for over 60k miles and it's proven to take years of abuse. The x47r is also reliable, but it's a newer unit so it still has time to season. There are a few cars with over 30-40k miles running the x47r on here and I've had mine installed since February.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up at sales@pwnallperformance.com or shoot me a PM.

http://pwnallperformance.com/Fiesta-...rger_p_12.html

http://pwnallperformance.com/Fiesta-...Time_p_92.html

Below is a video of my car with an x47r putting two car lengths on a c7 corvette.

2017 Fiesta ST x47r, nitrous, 4 port aux fuel, e50, fbo

Check out our $320.99 Fiesta ST Intercooler Special! Additional coupon code available. PM for code

Official Pumaspeed USA retailer. pwnallperformance.com (Don't see something, PM for quote)

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

The X series turbos are intriguing but bearings and oil supply worry me as does overall efficiency. Power wheels work in some applications but I haven’t seen many cars with miles on them let alone with what I do per year. I can’t afford to be 120 miles from home with a popped turbo, so the appeal of a “real” turbo is there

Senior Member 846 Rep Points jeff's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The X series turbos are intriguing but bearings and oil supply worry me as does overall efficiency. Power wheels work in some applications but I haven’t seen many cars with miles on them let alone with what I do per year. I can’t afford to be 120 miles from home with a popped turbo, so the appeal of a “real” turbo is there
    Whether it was people in America or Mexico or Pluto that put my Fiesta together, I am 100% certain that a performance shop like Pumaspeed that is known worldwide, winning awards, etc. has employees that are putting their products together with more care and precision and accuracy that the ones who put my Ford together. So the idea that the hybrid products are somehow less quality than a "real" turbo is not one I believe at all. If anything the stuff made by Puma and others who actually care about what they're doing is of far better build quality than what Ford turns out.

Heck my AC compressor died at 4,000 miles. At the same time my actuator died. When I installed my exhaust guess what one of my downpipe bolts was crossthreaded from the factory. How do you crossthread a freaking downpipe bolt and not know you did it.....a person would actually have to work hard to crossthread that thing....the answer is easy - you don't give a crap and rush through it. After seeing what Ford turns out, I have much more confidence in Pumaspeed products (or any other reputable vendor). I'm more worried about my AC dying again than I am about my hybrid turbo popping as you say.
    Hey, check out my build thread!

New Member 11 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A turbo is a turbo. The killer of any turbo is undue heat, lack of oil as stated and over speeding. As long as the bearing clearances are ok and there's plenty of lubrication, then it's going to work just as good as any other turbo for the most part. A hybrid turbo isn't overspeeding it's bearings, it has a different compressor wheel to flow more air volume. This usually results in a slower impeller speed per given boost level than a stocker. There are inherent limitations to all hybrids. You can only put so big of a wheel in a given housing. That's where an aftermarket turbo comes in to play. Pick your power level goals and choose accordingly I say.

Vendor Premier Vendor 168 Rep Points pwnall1337's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The x37 series that we carry is a true stage 3 turbo upgrade and has proven very relaible since it's release. $1499.99 with a turbosmart wga is a steal.
    2017 Fiesta ST x47r, nitrous, 4 port aux fuel, e50, fbo

Check out our $320.99 Fiesta ST Intercooler Special! Additional coupon code available. PM for code

Official Pumaspeed USA retailer. pwnallperformance.com (Don't see something, PM for quote)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast