Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine cutting off when accelerating hard.

Hello. New member here.

I have some problems with my stage 2 revo Ford Fiesta ST 2015. It has recently done alot of engine cut off when accelerating hard. It doenst happen all the time tho. There is no error codes or what so ever. I tried to convert to standard ford map, and it still did it. Some are saying that the ignition coil needs to be replaced. Can it be anything els? Anyone had same problem? Car has gone 50.000km.

Summary:
Engine cuts off. It loosing power for 1 sec but doesnt stall or anything.
No error codes showing.
Normally happens when engine is warm.

Thanks.

Not sure on our cars but my turbo cars in the past would experience that when the spark plugs were old or gaped wrong.
I think its called spark blowout. cheap and easy to check.

A lot of us are using the NGK plugs, I have the 6510 plugs which are one step colder.
not sure if you can get them easily in Denmark but worth a look if you can.

If you have an AP change one of your moniters to misfire count. That's how I found out mine was misfiring without setting any codes. I had access to a snap on scanner that actually told me which cylinders were misfiring. Mine was a spark plug issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
A lot of us are using the NGK plugs, I have the 6510 plugs which are one step colder.
not sure if you can get them easily in Denmark but worth a look if you can.
Do they come pre gapped :)?

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
If you have an AP change one of your moniters to misfire count. That's how I found out mine was misfiring without setting any codes. I had access to a snap on scanner that actually told me which cylinders were misfiring. Mine was a spark plug issue.

I dont have a AP :(. But OBD tester says no error.

OP
T
Thread Starter #9
OP
T
Thread Starter #11
mine never had misfire codes either. I was just able to see the misfire on the type of scanner I was using.

Ah ok. Will replace the spark plugs first. I will report back if that fixed the problem :)

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
**UPDATE**.

Changed the Spark plug to NGK 6510 and gapped them to 0.026". Everything works now and drives like a dream.

OP
T
Thread Starter #13
**SECOND UPDATE**

After running new plugs for 4 months, the "spark blowout" returns. Is the coil pack the next thing to replace? Again its not throwing any error codes..

I went back to O.E Ford Motorcraft SP532 gapped at 0.026 in and haven't had a problem since. I kept fouling the One Step Colder because I don't drive more than 5 miles a day.

Yeah probably the same issue. I thought it was the cold weather but it was just because I went with the One Step Colder and they kept fouling out. I guess the amount I drive and stop and go had something to do with it. So I went back with the factory heat range and factory plugs.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

How many misfires do you consider normal? At what point do you decide that there’s an issue? My car seems to have a lot, in a 10 minute drive the accessport counted 120 misfires