Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OSRAM Nightbreaker Laser

Jerickson88

Has anyone tried these? I may pick up a whole setup and give them a whirl if they are a big improvement over stock, which is still pretty good, but at 2 years, they are aging..

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I used the Osram Nightbreakers (not sure if "laser") to replace the weak factory bulbs. They were pricey -$40 for the pair, but they were plenty bright. I got tired of replacing HID kits, so I tried these.

One bulb burned out before a year though.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

A7xogg

I used the Osram Nightbreakers (not sure if "laser") to replace the weak factory bulbs. They were pricey -$40 for the pair, but they were plenty bright. I got tired of replacing HID kits, so I tried these.

One bulb burned out before a year though.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk
Shit quality hid kits last 3+ years without an issue. I wasn't impressed with nightbreakers. Just a different color halogen bulb that doesn't last a year. Retrofit ftw

KKaWing

I've "used up" a set of Nightbreaker Unlimiteds. Those I ordered from PowerBulbs.com . After 2 years (DRL equipped car), they started to get dimmer. Still brighter than the long life rated stock bulbs though. I'm interested in the Nightbreaker Silvers (think Osram Silverstars, the ones without blue tint), although I still have a set of unlimiteds and fogbreakers I ordered from China/aliexpress. They claim to be legit, with the asian distributor's hologram sticker and the unlimiteds are marked Germany. From my amateur hour testing methods using my cellphone's front facing camera as a lux meter, they came pretty close to the H9 bulbs w/o the increased wattage. I think they're worth it if you can find reliable lower cost sources. Powerbulbs.com often have 25% off sales and 20% off year round.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #6
The hotter the bulbs burn AKA the higher Kelvin the less time they last! [raceflag]
This is true, but the color does affect visibility. These ***s in their squatted trucks and purple HiDs make me wanna scream.

These stock OSRAMs were pretty bright, but they have lost their flair. Anyone replaced them with the stock bulbs?