Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost gauge install

Hey guys I’m brand new to turbo cars and after having my fiST I knew that I needed a boost gauge so I bought a gauge and the ATI vent pod and began wired it up with help from the posts on here (thanks guys) and then began plumbing my line I went through the fender to plumb it and I had a buddy help who told me where to t my vacuum line in and all I have right now is a vacuum gauge it won’t read boost it gets to 0 and won’t go further I will attach a picture of where we teed the line in at any help would be great thanks!!

There is probably a check valve in that line and you might be on the wrong side of it. I have not added one to mine so I wouldn't know specifics, but have installed them before on other cars

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #3

That’s where it’s plumbed in at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #4
There is probably a check valve in that line and you might be on the wrong side of it. I have not added one to mine so I wouldn't know specifics, but have installed them before on other cars
That’s kinda what I was thinking after doing some research but I wasn’t 100%

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #6
Yes that’s kinda what it looks like to me too now to figure out a way to move it to see if that does anything at all

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #7
That’s exactly what it looks like and that’s where I wanted to put it to but that’ll be the last time I listen to him lol

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The best place to connect a boost gauge on the FiST is under the MAP sensor using a MapTap or similar.
This way none of the plastic hoses need to be cut and you can always return to 100% OEM easily.

Dave

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #9
I knew of those but I figured since my buddy had installed boost gauges he knew what he was talking about [emoji1787]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The downside of the MapTap is the cost but I still think it is the best way.

Dave

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #11
Right that was a big downfall for my atm but I’m hoping if I move it to the other side of the valve it’ll work fully

XanRules

If that's the line I think it is, the line you've tapped into is before the throttle body and thus will not read vacuum, only boost. You need a MAPTap or similar device to get boost and vac.

EDIT: wait, you're only getting vacuum, not boost? Maybe that's not the line I think it is. Hm.

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #13
It’s the right line just the wrong side of the check valve it works perfect now

OP
Looker44
Thread Starter #15
Yea give me about 30 mins and I will

OP
Looker44