Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta st brake cooling shrouds

Trader history for CMbuildz Racing (0)

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Just received my set of ducts today. Excellent build quality and quick shipping. I can't wait to get them on next summer.

These are a must have if you are tracking on 15" wheels, IMO.

I ran TD PR 1.2s in 15x8 with RE71Rs on track and autocross last summer. After my first track day, I had to use thermal reflective tape on my front wheel weights because they would get so hot that the adhesive would melt and I would lose my weights in the paddock. Later last summer after track season was over, I had to replace the left front wheel bearing. Only the left front bearing was making noise but I went ahead and replaced both front bearings as a preventative maintenance measure. The front bearings are dual row ball bearing and the outer row on the left side was purple due to heat. I was running Mountune RST front pads, Stoptech slotted rotors , Motul 600, and Stoptech stainless brake lines.

Definitely need a brake cooling solution so I think these will fit the bill.

Thanks again to CMBuildz for doing another batch of these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #23
Just received my set of ducts today. Excellent build quality and quick shipping. I can't wait to get them on next summer.

These are a must have if you are tracking on 15" wheels, IMO.

I ran TD PR 1.2s in 15x8 with RE71Rs on track and autocross last summer. After my first track day, I had to use thermal reflective tape on my front wheel weights because they would get so hot that the adhesive would melt and I would lose my weights in the paddock. Later last summer after track season was over, I had to replace the left front wheel bearing. Only the left front bearing was making noise but I went ahead and replaced both front bearings as a preventative maintenance measure. The front bearings are dual row ball bearing and the outer row on the left side was purple due to heat. I was running Mountune RST front pads, Stoptech slotted rotors , Motul 600, and Stoptech stainless brake lines.

Definitely need a brake cooling solution so I think these will fit the bill.

Thanks again to CMBuildz for doing another batch of these!

Awesome little rundown. Well as of right now everybody’s brake ducts are shipped and may have already gotten them.

Good thing is,I got 4 sets left so PM me if interested

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #24
got 4 sets left instock get some before this batch is gone

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sup guys it’s def been a while since I’ve been on here.
I’ve had a lot of people reach out to me about my brake ducts. So I’m going to be making another batch of 10 sets.

Text me if you wanna place your order ... these will be made and ready to ship out in about 2 weeks

805-416-3019
Price will be $150 shipped in the USA

Why not offer a kit with the hoses to make it the complete go too?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I bet it would be easy to just remove the fog light assembly, plastiweld some plumbing to the back of the fog light bezel, then clamp on some tubing to the pipe, then route it to your shroud. that's my plan at least. i want to get these shrouds but i don't want to have to cut/grind on a brand new part to get it to fit my Wilwoods.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I bet it would be easy to just remove the fog light assembly, plastiweld some plumbing to the back of the fog light bezel, then clamp on some tubing to the pipe, then route it to your shroud. that's my plan at least. i want to get these shrouds but i don't want to have to cut/grind on a brand new part to get it to fit my Wilwoods.
I think you're right but I was thinking it would be nice to be able swap the fog light assemblies back and forth between track season and off-season. Maybe finding a used set at a salvage yard would be the way to go (assuming the bezel isn't sold separately)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Ya, junkyard or ebay would be your best bet. Probably pretty cheap too, but I don't use my fog lights so I won't miss them.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #32
Why not offer a kit with the hoses to make it the complete go too?
That would be cool but it would be even cooler if it also included replacement fog light covers that were shaped like NACA ducts. Would that be hard to do with a 3D printer?
I think you're right but I was thinking it would be nice to be able swap the fog light assemblies back and forth between track season and off-season. Maybe finding a used set at a salvage yard would be the way to go (assuming the bezel isn't sold separately)
I’ve been asked this before, for me I feel making this ducts is the key part to building a functioning brake cooling kit. There’s to many different ways people would want to run there hoses and not everybody would want to loose there fog lights ... I’d rather just build the key part and let the consumer be creative

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Yep, with all the different configurations out there of intercooler, bumper, crash bar, oil cooler, radiator, suspension, etc. a plug-and-play kit would likely not be plug-and-play on most cars anyway.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #34
Yep, with all the different configurations out there of intercooler, bumper, crash bar, oil cooler, radiator, suspension, etc. a plug-and-play kit would likely not be plug-and-play on most cars anyway.
Spot on [emoji109]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ve been asked this before, for me I feel making this ducts is the key part to building a functioning brake cooling kit. There’s to many different ways people would want to run there hoses and not everybody would want to loose there fog lights ... I’d rather just build the key part and let the consumer be creative

Well if you'd include the hose that is required to fabricate your own would be a start....it would only help your bottom line....but then again different strokes for different folks I guess.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Well if you'd include the hose that is required to fabricate your own would be a start....it would only help your bottom line....but then again different strokes for different folks I guess.

Stop being lazy man he's already done the work for you. Do you want him to include the tools you need to do the job to? I have a lot of respect for fabricators I think it's awesome people can do stuff like this. He's done the hard part all you got to do is put a hose on it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stop being lazy man he's already done the work for you. Do you want him to include the tools you need to do the job to?

I'm not lazy by any means....just a smarter consumer with advice on better customer service to make an extra buck? Isn't that what every savvy businessman trying to accomplish is innovation and better product placement?

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm not lazy by any means....just a smarter consumer with advice on better customer service to make an extra buck? Isn't that what every savvy businessman trying to accomplish is innovation and better product placement?

If there was competition I would say so but what's his competition? He's making what no one else is for this car. Some people just want to fabricate. "Smarter" if you say so.