Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

"oh shit" bar?

Jerickson88

I’ve got base seats. The recaros look better though, but I didn’t want to pay extra for them. Why in the hell didn’t they just equip all models with Recaro Seats? So there would be a performance performance package of a performance vehicle? That’s why Ford is eating all their cars.. too many options!!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I’ve got base seats. The recaros look better though, but I didn’t want to pay extra for them. Why in the hell didn’t they just equip all models with Recaro Seats? So there would be a performance performance package of a performance vehicle? That’s why Ford is eating all their cars.. too many options!!
Because some of us did not want Recaro "lite" seats for $2000! I have had the full Recaros in two cars and loved them. Not these, both my wife and I said no thank you. Used the $2K for " optional" Mountune MP215. Thanks for options, did not want NAV either. Love the stock seats.

Jerickson88

Because some of us did not want Recaro "lite" seats for $2000! I have had the full Recaros in two cars and loved them. Not these, both my wife and I said no thank you. Used the $2K for " optional" Mountune MP215. Thanks for options, did not want NAV either. Love the stock seats.
I get that. We are happy with the standard seats as well. I’m just saying if every FiST has the smoke storm or molten recaros as the standard equipment, 90% of us would have bought the car anyways.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I believe that ALL of the Canadian ordered (for dealer stock OR by individuals from a dealer) cars, as well as ALL of the Brit/Euro, and even 'rest of world' FiSTs could ONLY be had with the Recaros, but I could be wrong. [dunno]

Truth be told, as much as I am down on Recaro as a company in general (due to HORRID past aftermarket seat experiences with them), I might have considered ordering my car with them (despite the exorbitant price of entry) IF they were of the one back piece, integrated headrest type like all of the aftermarket 'sport' recliners, and not the separate, extremely forward canted headrests of the factory Recaros.
(MUCH better looking aesthetically, and no hitting the headrest on every shift. [wink])

Jerickson88

I believe that ALL of the Canadian ordered (for dealer stock OR by individuals from a dealer) cars, as well as ALL of the Brit/Euro, and even 'rest of world' FiSTs could ONLY be had with the Recaros, but I could be wrong. [dunno]

Truth be told, as much as I am down on Recaro as a company in general (due to HORRID past aftermarket seat experiences with them), I might have considered ordering my car with them (despite the exorbitant price of entry) IF they were of the one back piece, integrated headrest type like all of the aftermarket 'sport' recliners, and not the separate, extremely forward canted headrests of the factory Recaros.
(MUCH better looking aesthetically, and no hitting the headrest on every shift. [wink])
I believe the headrests are that way for whiplash/safety ratings. The early 240sx seats were fantastic S13 era that is. I do regret not getting them in the sense of value perspective.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I believe the headrests are that way for whiplash/safety ratings. The early 240sx seats were fantastic S13 era that is. I do regret not getting them in the sense of value perspective.
Meh stock S13 seats were okay for factory. They made your body ache on long trips, not enough thigh support.
What were really bad ass were the Nissan factory R32 GTR seats? Talk about a reclining single back race seat in suede. Oh and fhe R33 GTR seats had alcantera cents as did the R34 GTR seats.
Talk about bad ass, I ran a pair of those.

Jerickson88

Meh stock S13 seats were okay for factory. They made your body ache on long trips, not enough thigh support.
What were really bad ass were the Nissan factory R32 GTR seats? Talk about a reclining single back race seat in suede. Oh and fhe R33 GTR seats had alcantera cents as did the R34 GTR seats.
Talk about bad ass, I ran a pair of those.
I took 1 trip in my red top swapped s13 with a buddy club spec ii exhaust, it was horrible. K sport coil overs too lol

But it’s the style I was referring to. I always wanted the R32 “spartan air wheels”

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I took 1 trip in my red top swapped s13 with a buddy club spec ii exhaust, it was horrible. K sport coil overs too lol

But it’s the style I was referring to. I always wanted the R32 “spartan air wheels”
What the ride or the sound? Lol K Sports blew big chunks in fhe suspension department lol talk abour junk coilovers.
Buddy Club Spec II is like running a straight pipe lol sounds badass on a 6 cylinder. Lol RB or go home! 6 cylinders rule! Lol
Actually sounds good on KA’s too but like I inferred before loud you could here my RB powered S13 from 10 blocks away. Lol evil it did sound.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

I think you will find Recaros are options in EU countries. Packaged as ST1, ST2 and fully optioned ST3.

Jerickson88

What the ride or the sound? Lol K Sports blew big chunks in fhe suspension department lol talk abour junk coilovers.
Buddy Club Spec II is like running a straight pipe lol sounds badass on a 6 cylinder. Lol RB or go home! 6 cylinders rule! Lol
Actually sounds good on KA’s too but like I inferred before loud you could here my RB powered S13 from 10 blocks away. Lol evil it did sound.
Lmfao all of it. That was a cool car. Actually had the real deal Kouki tails and the carbon center garnish from Nissan.. the k sports went on a LHD RB20 car. Drove it for a month and decided primer wasn’t for me, traded for a KA-T vert on cobra r staggered replicas and drove it for the summer which was cool as hell.

kevinatfms

OP grab 2 CG Lock's and install them. They work great and will really hold the occupant into the seat. I have used them for autocross and track days for years. I believe they run right at $50 a piece and can be used in just about any car. I use one in my Fiesta for autocross now and its fantastic.

Here is where i buy mine from:
https://soloracer.com/cglock.html

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
OP grab 2 CG Lock's and install them. They work great and will really hold the occupant into the seat. I have used them for autocross and track days for years. I believe they run right at $50 a piece and can be used in just about any car. I use one in my Fiesta for autocross now and its fantastic.

Here is where i buy mine from:
https://soloracer.com/cglock.html
I might pick one up for myself. I think my wife would feel claustrophobic with the seatbelt always tightened down.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

I might pick one up for myself. I think my wife would feel claustrophobic with the seatbelt always tightened down.

Grab one and see if she can handle it for a bit of a ride. If she doesnt mind it then order the second one.

It only tightens the lap portion of the belt. So her upper half is still free to wobble. It retains the butt and hips more than your upper half.

The wife's never been in my car...she doesn't like it, she doesn't get to ride in it. She has her own vehicle. [wiggle]
Agreed!...My lady doesn't like my FiST….And my FiST doesn't bear my lady….She has her own car too [wink]…...Think that her Mother, my sweet mother-in-law, doesn't like the FiST exhaust noise….So, when she gets asleep, I turn on the engine and make many pops and crackles..[hihi] [hihi] [hihi] [wiggle]

roadRAGE

Did Fiestas of any model/trim come with a passenger side pillar grab handle or "oh shit" bar?

I want to install one for my wife. She's always bracing herself while I drive spiritedly. She really wants one in the FiST. LOL.

Any luck for a O Shit type bar add on??