Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST vs FoST build quantity/ what do you see more of

Jerickson88

How many units per model have been produced? Saw another FiST owner on FB and he agrees with me on seeing more FoST than FiST. In my area, I’ve seen 3 Fiestas, but I have seen more than I can count Focus running around. Just a curious question. It may not be a build quantity question, but when I got my car there were six on their main lot and at least two on their annex. I don’t see our cars used at dealers but it seems at any dealer I pass in my area, there’s a used FoST.

in north America I see way more FoST as it's a slightly more practical but less fun car. in Europe I'd expect it to be the other way around. I'd imagine this is why you see more development for the FiST coming from Europe and the FoST in America.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #3
in north America I see way more FoST as it's a slightly more practical but less fun car. in Europe I'd expect it to be the other way around. I'd imagine this is why you see more development for the FiST coming from Europe and the FoST in America.
I guess it could be geographic as well. May be more popular in other states Most car folk around here have faded out and gone to trucks and SUV’s

Us "Americans" like things bigger and let's be honest, the hatchback (and wagon for that matter) is a dying breed here. So it would make sense that given the choice, more would gravitate towards the FoST. I have driven both fiesta and focus and there really ins't that much difference in passenger space. The difference in size is in the cargo area, IMO. Given the choice again, would I buy another fiesta over the focus? YES!

p.s. I would take an RS but I'm not paying 40k+ for a focus! [facepalm]

I physical see more Fost's here- on the street, in the parking lots, for sale and at dealerships. I see very few FIST's- anywhere in this area. I had to drive 100 miles north to buy mine, could not find any around here. It's nice to own and drive such a rare car around here!

I agree that in Europe the FIST and cars like it are very popular- not so much here. People in the states for sure prefer the SUV's. I can see why Ford is discontinuing car production for the states, except for the Mustang.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
There are a ton more FoST’s on the road here. In fact they are not uncommon, Ford has sold a ton of Foci in General. Reason is like stated above Americans are not completely small car shy but their modern idea of a small car is bigger than a FiST.
Once upon a time they embraced small cars as a refreshing gas saving step away from the big heavy and falling apart products that Detroit was trying to unload on them.
Detroit got better with the products over time. In that time though the size of the imported small cars crept up to better appeal to the Americans who really started to feel small cars where perhaps too small. Lol
Call it pyschological, call it preference. Modern small cars for the most here are much larger than small cars were in the past.
Focus fit into this picture nicely with a slightly roomier interior and a bit bigger and still drove well. FoST appealed even more as it had rrrr Horsepowera ! Straight out of the box.

Though the FiST harkened back to those old day smaller cars. It looks tiny compared to a modern day Civic which is pretty comical considering original Civvics were around fhe size of the FiST but lighter. ( Federal crash safetly regs at play in the modern day)

So real enthuisiasts will more than likely consider a FiST over a FoST while causuals will take the FoST because they feel safer its bigger, roomier etc...

I think there is only one other guy in the town I live in with a fist but there I see many fost and fors. I kinda like that not many people have the fiesta st.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #8
I owned a SVTF back in the day. Bought it with 28k miles on it, 2002 model in 2005. The FiST is much more comparable to the old focus size.