Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus Manual Cloth/Leather Recaros $750

Trader history for FiestDave (0)

I have a nice, clean set of the manual adjustment cloth/leather Recaros out of Focus ST. The driver seat is completely assembled and the passenger seat will come partially disassembled with the seat cover pulled up as I have to retrieve my airbag and ill leave it that way for you. Same goes for the base part. This will save you some time during the swap. I also have the Focus airbag if you want to put it back to stock. Id prefer to deal locally in the NY/NJ/CT areas as Ive heard that shipping used seats is quite expensive, but if thats your bag, then you can set it up.
$750 OBO
https://imgur.com/a/hviaCYB
Sorry for the link, but I cant get images to post directly to here.

PM me

Intuit

3000 Post Club
[MENTION=10867]FST BMP[/MENTION] - Was thinking the same thing. The Focus is definitely a significantly wider vehicle. Photos however are just of the front seats. If any will fit, those may have the best chance. Also, don't know if the seats are any different, but for the Fiesta ST I noticed that the passenger side foot/leg well seems much narrower than the driver.

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
As is, they will not fit and the airbags will not plug in. However, if you have the appropriate year Fiesta, I believe 2016 and earlier, you can swap the Focus seat to the Fiesta base and move the Fiesta Airbag over as well. Its not super involved or difficult, but it does take a little bit of time. What I would recommend, if you want to buy these, is to quickly unbolt your passenger seat and tip it up and back, then look at the underside of the base. Take a picture or have the ones Ill attach here and see if the bases match up.

My experience wait this process was as follows and what I think happened at Ford with the seat bases.

First, this is the thread and post that shows you how to swap over seats from a Focus to a Fiesta:
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...s-in-Fiesta-ST?p=211027&viewfull=1#post211027
From what I can figure out from his profile, Zer0 has a 2016 Fiesta ST and this swap worked no problem for him. His 2016 has the same base as the Recaro, but the Fiesta rails and bolt points. My ST is a 2017 and this swap did not work for me because the seat bases are completely different, not just the rails and bolt points. My theory is that Ford didnt get enough orders for the Recaros in the and to save some money, just started upholdstering the base Fiesta seat with ST covers in 2017. I think they were just building Recaros at the factory when they got an order for them and to keep that process speedy, used a Recaro base without bolstering and their own "stock" seat back that would bolt to the Recaro base. Unfortunately, although I could get the Recaro bolstering to swap over to my base, the Recaro seat back WOULD NOT attach to my base, so the whole swap became a fail. This should not be the case on 2016 and older cars.

Like I said above, I recommend that you unbolt your passenger seat, and tip it back to check your base. The good Recaro base that you need and the bad base model Fiesta base that doenst work are very different looking, even from the underside, please see attached pics in the link:
https://imgur.com/a/jwTVQ1L
The pics are marked with what you should be looking for on your seats, as well as what base will and will not work.

Any other questions, or if you arent sure if your base is compatible, take a picture of it, and send it to me, Ill let you know what I think.

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
Also, if you are close enough and want to meet up somewhere, Im happy to assist with swapping a seat over for you to show you how to do the other one.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
As is, they will not fit and the airbags will not plug in. However, if you have the appropriate year Fiesta, I believe 2016 and earlier, you can swap the Focus seat to the Fiesta base and move the Fiesta Airbag over as well. Its not super involved or difficult, but it does take a little bit of time. What I would recommend, if you want to buy these, is to quickly unbolt your passenger seat and tip it up and back, then look at the underside of the base. Take a picture or have the ones Ill attach here and see if the bases match up.

My experience wait this process was as follows and what I think happened at Ford with the seat bases.

First, this is the thread and post that shows you how to swap over seats from a Focus to a Fiesta:
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...s-in-Fiesta-ST?p=211027&viewfull=1#post211027
From what I can figure out from his profile, Zer0 has a 2016 Fiesta ST and this swap worked no problem for him. His 2016 has the same base as the Recaro, but the Fiesta rails and bolt points. My ST is a 2017 and this swap did not work for me because the seat bases are completely different, not just the rails and bolt points. My theory is that Ford didnt get enough orders for the Recaros in the and to save some money, just started upholdstering the base Fiesta seat with ST covers in 2017. I think they were just building Recaros at the factory when they got an order for them and to keep that process speedy, used a Recaro base without bolstering and their own "stock" seat back that would bolt to the Recaro base. Unfortunately, although I could get the Recaro bolstering to swap over to my base, the Recaro seat back WOULD NOT attach to my base, so the whole swap became a fail. This should not be the case on 2016 and older cars.

Like I said above, I recommend that you unbolt your passenger seat, and tip it back to check your base. The good Recaro base that you need and the bad base model Fiesta base that doenst work are very different looking, even from the underside, please see attached pics in the link:
https://imgur.com/a/jwTVQ1L
The pics are marked with what you should be looking for on your seats, as well as what base will and will not work.

Any other questions, or if you arent sure if your base is compatible, take a picture of it, and send it to me, Ill let you know what I think.
Lol Ford did not start putting Recaros on Fiesta bases at the factory to save money. You are smoking serious crack to theorize that. I have a 2018 woth Factory Recaros and the bases above the rails are just like the Recaros bases in my friends 2014. The stock seat base sits a touch lower than the Recaro base as I have personally compared the two.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
Lol Ford did not start putting Recaros on Fiesta bases at the factory to save money. You are smoking serious crack to theorize that. I have a 2018 woth Factory Recaros and the bases above the rails are just like the Recaros bases in my friends 2014. The stock seat base sits a touch lower than the Recaro base as I have personally compared the two.
Yes, why would they be different? You both have the Recaro seat option... I'm talking about the non recaro seat.

My theory, if you bothered to read it, was that the BASE ST seat in the 2017 and now 2018 I'd wager, the non recaro seat, the back, the base, the whole seat, is the same as a low level Fiesta, just upholstered with the special ST seat upholstery. This is different from the 2016 and older non recaro seats. Those 2016 and older seats have a recaro compatible base. By base, I mean the part that your ass sits on and bolts to the floor. Lots of people have swapped them over, in fact, i posted the link to the thread above. The non recaro base, that's where I think they chose to save money. By putting a non recaro base, in fact an entirely different seat from older model Fiesta ST in the 2017 and up.

Now if you aren't going to buy them, move along please.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

D

Ducky

Yes, why would they be different? You both have the Recaro seat option... I'm talking about the non recaro seat.

My theory, if you bothered to read it, was that the BASE ST seat in the 2017 and now 2018 I'd wager, the non recaro seat, the back, the base, the whole seat, is the same as a low level Fiesta, just upholstered with the special ST seat upholstery. This is different from the 2016 and older non recaro seats. Those 2016 and older seats have a recaro compatible base. By base, I mean the part that your ass sits on and bolts to the floor. Lots of people have swapped them over, in fact, i posted the link to the thread above. The non recaro base, that's where I think they chose to save money. By putting a non recaro base, in fact an entirely different seat from older model Fiesta ST in the 2017 and up.

Now if you aren't going to buy them, move along please.

The swap works because the seat bases are literally the same, so yes, it's literally true that Ford arbitrarily takes one metal seat base hunk and deigns it with the foam bolstering and plastic hooks and will give another base foam with no plastic hooks.

Sorry you had trouble with it, but it's not rocket science. GLWS.

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
The swap works because the seat bases are literally the same, so yes, it's literally true that Ford arbitrarily takes one metal seat base hunk and deigns it with the foam bolstering and plastic hooks and will give another base foam with no plastic hooks.

Sorry you had trouble with it, but it's not rocket science. GLWS.
You're right, it's not rocket science, but the seat bases are no longer the same in the 2017 and id wager the 2018 in the non recaro vs recaro seat. In, I'm guessing 2016 and older, the bars are the same, but I'm not 100% on it.

This is why I'm suggesting looking at the seat base by unbolting it and flipping it up before buying. So someone doesn't end up in the position I'm in, with an expensive seat setup and no real way to bolt them in. I don't want to be the guy who just passed his problems on to the next guy.

OP
F
Thread Starter #11
These are coming off the market. Ive found some issues with swapping them and I dont want to be a guy selling stuff as a swap that cant be swapped!!! If a mod could maybe delete this thread entirely, that would be cool with me.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Deleting thread, I don't think is necessary. It may serve to inform other folk who get the same ideas.

slopoke

Deleting thread, I don't think is necessary. It may serve to inform other folk who get the same ideas.
This thread should be deleted, since it's in a for sale area. If the OP wants to post an info thread in the more appropriate fourm like interior upgrades and modifications, that's where it should go.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
This thread should be deleted, since it's in a for sale area. If the OP wants to post an info thread in the more appropriate fourm like interior upgrades and modifications, that's where it should go.
So why not delete all for sale threads that come to an end?

It's a 4 sale thread. It is already where it's supposed to be.