Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Front turn signal help

So I swapped the front turn signal bulbs for some LED's, had some hyperflash issues that were solved by proper resistor install, but then noticed that the left blinker would not flash (just ever-so-slightly brighter than running intensity) when the headlights were on. It would flash and blink if the headlights were off. Tried swapping bulbs/female ports between L and R units, same issue, but then got worse. After swapping back to original setup (w same LED's), the left unit will not turn on at all.

Ended up pulling the entire headlight assemblies off car to see closer. Found that the ring w electrical contacts that accepts the LED plug that you screw c-wise/cc-wise was dislodged and one electrical contact also out of place (see pics).

i-6JkX9G5-L.jpg
Right blinker port

i-NHQpxpR-L.jpg
Left blinker port

Pushed the electrical contact back in place to match the rest, pulled the plastic ring that holds the contacts back to seat against the housing and reinstalled the bulb....still does NOT turn on. Tried using the OEM incandescent bulb, but still no worky.

I'm guessing there's no way to buy/install the electrical portion of the port and I'm worried Ford won't see this as a warranty issue because of the LED swap w resistors etc...but seriously, this could have happened even if I were changing OEM bulbs...

Think I am needing to bite the bullet and buy a whole new headlight assembly??

Thx