Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Burning Rich with new 2J intake

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Hey guys, so over the weekend I installed my new intake from 2J racing and so far I like it a lot. The only problem I'm getting is on hard pulls at peak boost I'm noticing a really strong fuel smell for a few seconds. Is this normal? I'm not too much concerned about it because I'd assume it may take a minute for the computer to adjust to the new air readings but I figured I'd ask just to make sure. I'm running COBBS stage 3 tune on 93 octane.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, so over the weekend I installed my new intake from 2J racing and so far I like it a lot. The only problem I'm getting is on hard pulls at peak boost I'm noticing a really strong fuel smell for a few seconds. Is this normal? I'm not too much concerned about it because I'd assume it may take a minute for the computer to adjust to the new air readings but I figured I'd ask just to make sure. I'm running COBBS stage 3 tune on 93 octane.
Stop right now....I'm pretty sure with that Intake.... the tune needs to be modified or keep rolling it and melt a hole in your piston or pistons. If it was me id stay out of BOOST and get a tune revision by Cobb or get a OTS Flash tune by Dizzy or stratified....Totally worth it...IMO.[wrenchin]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Thanks man. I'm gonna play it safe and get a stratisfied tune today. Better safe than sorry.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks man. I'm gonna play it safe and get a stratisfied tune today. Better safe than sorry.
I've had Them on my stocker for 91oct...93octy...e30oct...they were ok...your only a number to them....Jason@dizzy tuning has made it so much more pleasant and was a lot more responsive on tuning than stratified ever was...Jason is tuning my GEN2 GTX2860R! Both are excellent choices though! I am just biased towards Jason@Dizzy now due to his customer service! [party]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
A tune just for a cold air intake really come on don't be that guy. If you went back to the stock tune you probably wouldn't be getting that smell at all. It's probably just from the Cobb off-the-shelf tune. I'm sure it had to do with the Turbo upgrade and then making adjustments to it without doing a tune. But besides that a flash tune or a custom tune is definitely better than the off-the-shelf tune. Whatever tune you get just get a revision done to make sure your air fuel ratios are good that's a crazy intake.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
That's what I ended up doing. Based off the price and considering how many others are using Dizzy tuning I did end up going with them. It's not that I am afraid I'll burn up my engine but the fact that I have a BMW 330i that because of lean codes is running very rough. With that experience I know how much damage it can do over time. I figure if I get a tune I get the added benefit of a specific tune to my needs as well as fixing the fuel air ratio.

Last edited:

Ford Community Posts