Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SOLD: COBB AP with mountune flash tune

Trader history for fcwolfey (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
$380 shipped to the lower 48 states

Accessport I got from Mountune only a couple months ago. Works great. I'll include the mountune flash map as well as a custom map done by Randy at mountune (custom tune is for a stock engine with the ST200 airbox).

https://imgur.com/a/6TIw5mz

PM if interested

Thanks!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I wasn't a fan of useless amounts of torque in 1st and 2nd gear. And by the time you wind out 3rd gear your getting pretty quick
You coiuld have bought other tunes from other tuners and reflashed. Outside of the AP with the MP215 tune.
Any accessport bought from Mountune could be flashed with anyones tune its not locked down.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
I'm fine with the stock amount of power. After having the tune I enjoy winding out the stock engine more and not just spinning every time I want to accelerate.

OP
F
Thread Starter #8
You coiuld have bought other tunes from other tuners and reflashed. Outside of the AP with the MP215 tune.
Any accessport bought from Mountune could be flashed with anyones tune its not locked down.
I'm aware of that. Initially I was told by Mountune I could get an mp215 replica tune on the accessport for my 17' since they dont make the kit for that year. So I thought "great that should be just mild enough". Then once I purchased it they told me that wasn't a thing. I get it communication errors happen within the company. All the other tunes I saw were only very torque heavy. Also I just found I wasn't a fan of the diesel style power the car made with huge torque and gutless top end just being exacerbated by the tune.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm aware of that. Initially I was told by Mountune I could get an mp215 replica tune on the accessport for my 17' since they dont make the kit for that year. So I thought "great that should be just mild enough". Then once I purchased it they told me that wasn't a thing. I get it communication errors happen within the company. All the other tunes I saw were only very torque heavy. Also I just found I wasn't a fan of the diesel style power the car made with huge torque and gutless top end just being exacerbated by the tune.
So they sold you an MP215 access port that was locked? Cause like i explained above the rest of the tunes you get from them on an access port are not locked. You could remove them to your laptop and add other tuners tunes.
It does not sound like they sold you an MP215 tuned accessport though. Which means it was unlocked.

OP
F
Thread Starter #10
I know how accessports work. No the said they could do a replica of the mp215 calibration file on a cobb AP, not the mtune branded device. Almost every tune every company offers is very torque heavy except the mp215 calibration which I could not get and is why this product is not for me

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I know how accessports work. No the said they could do a replica of the mp215 calibration file on a cobb AP, not the mtune branded device. Almost every tune every company offers is very torque heavy except the mp215 calibration which I could not get and is why this product is not for me
Seems pretty lame that they couldn't give you a custom tune that was close to what they already had done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Seems pretty lame that they couldn't give you a custom tune that was close to what they already had done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I think he is assuming a lot about other peoples tunes. Not all tunes have to add tons of torque down low amd the beauty of custom tunes is you can tell the tuner what you want. In fact Dzzy tunes are known to be more linear and less bottom end or top end heavy.
Oh well if he is enjoying th stock factory tune its cool. The way he explained just sounded strange but I get it.

Mikey456

U can also order 2nd gear boost reduction as an option according to the Mountune and Stratified websites. That would be more similar to the MP215 that has boost reduction baked into it. I’m still on the fence about a tune because of the wheel spin issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.