Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Black Friday 2018

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

Dizzy Tuning’s Black Friday Sale starts 11/21, and will run through 11/26!

All tunes and T-shirts will be 20% off! This includes Flash Tunes, Custom Tunes and Tune Bundles! The prices will be adjusted on the website accordingly, so there will be no coupon code to enter. Just purchase the appropriate tune, and don’t forget to fill out the Tuning Form after purchase!

ROCKYFiestta

looking for the e30 tune , a 91 tune (have fmic intake ap installed, rmm)stock dp n exh, and i need a economy

can it be done in this sequence all on one map slot

economy - slot 1
91tune -slot 2
e30 - slot 3

if this is possible then im sooooollddd [thumb][perfect10]

SST

Dizzy, i am new to non-OTS tunes, and have a few questions:

what exactly is a slot? and how many slots does a purchase come with?

in your website, if i want stage 2, my only option is to click add to cart which brings me to a paypal link? how do i customize all the selectable options?

and if i want to order the pop option, i will have to make a separate paypal payment?

and what is the bundle all about?

ROCKYFiestta

if you have the access port and have already installed one of the cobb maps you can switch between the map stage 1 2 3 whichever you installed and between the economy mode map
i currently have the cobb 91 stage 2 on slot 1 and the economy on slot 2 by default so you can change between maps if you use the cancel button the steering wheel and then press up or down + or - and it will switch between the maps instantly in my case i would have to hit cancel and + to go to economy mode and cancel - to back to the 91 tune stage 2 map if any of this makes sense. also when switching maps the rev meter go up rpms to show you which slot you are in. for instance when i choose slot 1 it goes to 1k rpm for a second letting you know you are in slot 1 and for slot 2 it goes to 2k rpm quickly and so forth.

now for dizzy tune i am looking to see if you guys can get the slots set up for me in that particular order.

SST

Thanks so much Rocky! Nice and clear.

Also for Dizzy, its already winter here in Toronto, how long does the Data Log review last? like i am buying now, but most likely won't drive the car in the winter, just wondering when i can take advantage of the review.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Dizzy, i am new to non-OTS tunes, and have a few questions:

what exactly is a slot? and how many slots does a purchase come with?

in your website, if i want stage 2, my only option is to click add to cart which brings me to a paypal link? how do i customize all the selectable options?

and if i want to order the pop option, i will have to make a separate paypal payment?

and what is the bundle all about?
if you have the access port and have already installed one of the cobb maps you can switch between the map stage 1 2 3 whichever you installed and between the economy mode map
i currently have the cobb 91 stage 2 on slot 1 and the economy on slot 2 by default so you can change between maps if you use the cancel button the steering wheel and then press up or down + or - and it will switch between the maps instantly in my case i would have to hit cancel and + to go to economy mode and cancel - to back to the 91 tune stage 2 map if any of this makes sense. also when switching maps the rev meter go up rpms to show you which slot you are in. for instance when i choose slot 1 it goes to 1k rpm for a second letting you know you are in slot 1 and for slot 2 it goes to 2k rpm quickly and so forth.

now for dizzy tune i am looking to see if you guys can get the slots set up for me in that particular order.
Each TUNE can have up to 5 map slots you can switch between on the fly while the AP can hold like 10+ tunes you can flash between... But as far as ordering them on one tune, it CAN be done but it's NOT smart to stack them like that, you could blow your engine if you accidentally went into the wrong map and Jason doesn't combine them usually for that reason... I'd go with Economy mode in between the 2 performance ones whether you like it or not, just too dangerous to have them next to each other.

ROCKYFiestta

just my preference in order i more then likely will seldom use the e30 why i wanted it last and prob wont use it until next may when the summer tires go back on. im mainly interested in the economy and 91 for now but thought i may as well get the e30 added while its on sale.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
just my preference in order i more then likely will seldom use the e30 why i wanted it last and prob wont use it until next may when the summer tires go back on. im mainly interested in the economy and 91 for now but thought i may as well get the e30 added while its on sale.
i just dont want the e30 as my 1st slot
Fair enough, I'd have 91 first, then economy and then e30 for your map slots then, if he will even do that at all... I know he has said he strongly prefers to keep e30 and pump on completely separate tunes though.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Jason, is the Bundle Tune what we need to order for a "stage 2 E30" flash tune?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ROCKYFiestta

Also is there stages of tune depending on mods for the 91 or just the same for all? i know others require certain parts for the level of tune like a fmic
2nd for the e30 then i would have to gas up properly mixing e85 and 91 and then do the long flash. i would still prefer to have it as a slot even if it was slot 5 lol gimme 3 economy slots as a buffer lol. i think i might have to pay for a custom tune then lol.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Also is there stages of tune depending on mods for the 91 or just the same for all? i know others require certain parts for the level of tune like a fmic
2nd for the e30 then i would have to gas up properly mixing e85 and 91 and then do the long flash. i would still prefer to have it as a slot even if it was slot 5 lol gimme 3 economy slots as a buffer lol. i think i might have to pay for a custom tune then lol.
It's easy to put three gallons of e85 per full tank, 4 in the winter or you're not sure and you'll be fine, but yeah probably custom tune and they are on sale too!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
True, you list your mods on the tune form they take you to when you order, there are just two main stages for IC upgraded or not to start with but they all get factored in.
most of that is explained on Dizzy's website
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

SST

original price was $70, i thought the 20% will bring it down to $56? its showing $60 now.

I don't even have a Cobb yet, this feels like too good of a deal to pass on. What's the appropriate tune to order for 91 w/ water/meth

ROCKYFiestta

i purchased the stage 2 91 oct just wondering if i am getting version 1 or version 2?? either way it will be a step up from the cobb ots . if i love the tune ill just order the e30 next spring when the snow tires come off. [grinking]

True, you list your mods on the tune form they take you to when you order, there are just two main stages for IC upgraded or not to start with but they all get factored in.
Hey Dan,

I'm looking to go with Dizzy based on your recommendations from other threads. Since I'm all new to this, can you help me with some questions in choosing the correct Flash tunes?

General Questions

1. What's the difference between a regular Stage 2 Flash ($60) vs. Flash Tune Bundle ($100)?
2. I have an IC but no rush to install it until spring due to cold charge air now. Can I safely run a Stage 2 with stock IC during winter months or would I need to purchase both Stage 1 and 2 separately?
3. Do I need new spark plugs as recommended for these flash tunes? My 2018 is only approaching 1,000 miles.

Setup Form Questions
1. I've not yet installed my Mountune RMM. What idle speed should I have Dizzy set it as? Any revision to this would incur a new fee to make the change, correct?
2. Shift Assist/Rev Hang (Default: On, with Dizzy Tuning Settings): should I have this on? I thought Rev hang was a bad thing.
3. Cobb Traction Control Enabled at Startup (Default: No): what is Cobb Traction Control? Is it different than Stock Traction Control?
4. Cobb Traction Control Mode (if chosen): what mode should I choose once I understand what Question #3 above is?
5. Additional Anti-Theft Map: ???

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hey Dan,

I'm looking to go with Dizzy based on your recommendations from other threads. Since I'm all new to this, can you help me with some questions in choosing the correct Flash tunes?

General Questions

1. What's the difference between a regular Stage 2 Flash ($60) vs. Flash Tune Bundle ($100)?
2. I have an IC but no rush to install it until spring due to cold charge air now. Can I safely run a Stage 2 with stock IC during winter months or would I need to purchase both Stage 1 and 2 separately?
3. Do I need new spark plugs as recommended for these flash tunes? My 2018 is only approaching 1,000 miles.

Setup Form Questions
1. I've not yet installed my Mountune RMM. What idle speed should I have Dizzy set it as? Any revision to this would incur a new fee to make the change, correct?
2. Shift Assist/Rev Hang (Default: On, with Dizzy Tuning Settings): should I have this on? I thought Rev hang was a bad thing.
3. Cobb Traction Control Enabled at Startup (Default: No): what is Cobb Traction Control? Is it different than Stock Traction Control?
4. Cobb Traction Control Mode (if chosen): what mode should I choose once I understand what Question #3 above is?
5. Additional Anti-Theft Map: ???
1. The bundle includes both a pump gas (91/93) and e30... Trust me e30 is incredible and easier to mix than you might think...
2. Yes, you can "safely" run a Stage 2, your ECU will cut things back if it it has to due to temps, but you're right, in the winter your charge temps will be low and you probably won't be racing on a track, right, so no biggie..
3. I changed my plugs to step colder at 12.5k on my '17, it does help some with upper RPM pull, less knock detected, but not a huge deal, but also at only $45 pre-gapped, it's a good idea. The plugs for my turbo Kia were over $100 for comparison..

Form:
1. Idle speed you want to keep at 850, I'd say... Strangely everyone talks about raising idle, I find you get less vibes keeping it down but a touch higher for response.
2. Ugh, hate rev hang, Stratified can't get rid of it on my tune, it's worse than my Dizzy with it ON... it's supposed to help but I'd say Off like you were thinking.
3. Oh yeah, long story short, Cobb uses ignition based, factory uses fuel and brakes. You WILL break loose in 2nd, I like Cobb with it set to 3, you get some spin but then comes back in check. You will always have to hit "ESC" off once to Sport mode to override factory to use the Cobb version.
4. Again, I suggest have Cobb enabled at 3. If you hate spinning at all, then 2, but you'll feel it kick in even more. The lower the number the sooner it kicks in and allows less spin.
5. Each tune supports 5 map settings you can change with your cruise control buttons: 1. will be Performance, 2. 15 psi max Eco/traction mode, and others can be Valet and Anti-theft where you would set it to that slot while parking and leave your car if someone tries to steal it it won't start. When you get back to your car first thing you do is change your map slot back to another and then start. I don't bother with it.

Hope that helps!