Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Adjustable Strut Tops, Camber and Castor.

Trader history for Sekred (1)

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I brought these for my ST and not long after went to coil-overs so they will no longer fit without modification.

These are available on ebay, https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/K-MAC-F...h=item1ee3de4029:g:y~gAAOSwmfhX5703:rk:1:pf:0

They were fitted to the Vehicle for around 5-7000kms and are in as new condition, no bearing wear. See below for manufactures description.

"Manufactured not from steel or soft billet alloy but the highest 7075 aircraft grade aluminum. Extra H/Duty self align spherical bearings (self lubed - PTFE lined, centers are also "replaceable" for virtual lifetime usage). With K-MAC - Separate top spring seats are included with H/Duty radial thrust bearings for "Steering Loads" (which also resolve annoying spring drag/binding).... for both OEM diam. springs and all 60-70mm I.D. Coil Overs."

"FEATURES: Simply replace the existing front top strut mounts (no modifications). Reinforcing the strut towers and with the unique K-MAC patented design providing the biggest (and quickest) adjustment range of both Camber and Caster. Street/Race settings can be recorded and changed in 30 seconds - just the time taken to loosen the 3 top mount nuts. Another K-MAC Patented design feature allows this fast adjustment to be made accurately under load. Also when adjustable "coil overs" fitted the K-MAC design provides minimum stack height for maximum vehicle lowering and shock travel/absorption".

$250 AUD (NEG) plus shipping. Will ship overseas.

IMG_2799.JPG

Kmac3.jpg

From reading the manufactures discription it make me think these raise the front of the vehicle slightly? Do you know how much it raised yours?

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Your correct, it does increase the stack height slightly. The strut top is thicker but the spring perch is thinner. I measured ride height before and after and from memory it was around 5mm.

What modifications to the strut towers are necessary to use these with a good amount of adjustability? I assume you’d need to open up the hole in the top of the strut tower pretty wide in order to have a good range of adjustment, right?

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
What do you call a good range?. See pic below, that gave me a around 2.0 to 2.5 degrees of negative chamber. I am not sure on the castor because it was not measured. I was running Koni Yellows so I had to take a little care because of the dampening adjustment.

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Another couple of pics, this is plus 3 degrees of negative chamber.

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2089.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Sekred

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Sorry mate, I have sold these and forgot about it.