Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgrades for traction?

I’m running about 300lb/ft and 240 hp at the wheels. Getting lots of wheel spin with Pilot Sport A/S tires. I have PSS 14 coil overs. What else can I do to get power to the ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m running about 300lb/ft and 240 hp at the wheels. Getting lots of wheel spin with Pilot Sport A/S tires. I have PSS 14 coil overs. What else can I do to get power to the ground?

Two point brace at the least will make a large improvement.....IMO....easy install also I might add....Two bolts and done... just make sure you have an impact or nice long pry bar. Way easier on a hoist also! Isn't everything easier with a hoist?[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

You live in Texas with all season tires? You should definitely upgrade to a sticky high performance summer Tire. If you want to get crazy upgrade all of the engine mounts, and get a 6 point brace. at the end of the day though 300 lb of torque on a 205 tire is going to spin.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

dmb

The A/S stands for always slipping, they suck, i think they were make for a prius, a waste of money if you ask me.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I swear your the best at pics and gif. Lol
I was going into the pharmacy today and saw this dawg chilling out front and he reminded me of the dawg from Road trip the movie after they get done smoking the doobie! [rockon]

SST

i was disappointed on my Pilot Sport A/S3+ as well, they claimed to be capable on snow, we just had our first snow fall, nothing much, the tires were spinning, can't get much traction, but stopping seems decent thou, but i did gave a lot of space for that

only one component touches the road, it's your tires. you're either improving the ability for a given tire to work or upgrading the tire.

The bar is a proven upgrade to help them connect, but any narrow all season like you have will hit its limits pretty quickly.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The A/S stands for always slipping, they suck, i think they were make for a prius, a waste of money if you ask me.
No it stand for Always/Slipping dawg.... Those god dam things were one of the worst "A/S" Tires if you wanna call them that. i'D rather lite my beard on fire like this guy! [ridinghorse]

OP
T
Thread Starter #13
Thanks for the heads up, guys. I put on the AS version because I was living in Utah before TX. Didn’t want to get them but ended up spending three weeks in 17 degrees and snow. Glad I didn’t turn a good set of performance tires into rocks. With that being said, my next set will be performance.

Been debating going with fender flares and 235+. Is it worth it, or just drop to 16s with more meat?

6 point vs 4 point brace worth the money?

LSD is in the long-term plan

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I put on the AS version because I was living in Utah before TX. Didn’t want to get them but ended up spending three weeks in 17 degrees and snow. Glad I didn’t turn a good set of performance tires into rocks. With that being said, my next set will be performance.

Been debating going with fender flares and 235+. Is it worth it, or just drop to 16s with more meat?

6 point vs 4 point brace worth the money?

LSD is in the long-term plan

Dropping down to something with more sidewall will help a little, but tire compound is more important. A 16x8 with a 225/45-16 would be a great way to increase traction.

Biggest improvement in traction you can do on this car is the 6 point brace- do it.

Tires. Nt01 is a good street tire for traction and very stable.
Stiffer suspension with correct damping is next, followed by tuning to make the amount of torque you can grip and extending redline while holding torque as flat as possible in traction limited gears.

If 225 are enough for a 1200whp fwd car they should be enough for yours. ;)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
What kind of car is that and what does it compete in?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk