Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Noob Question

I want to get this bov adapter and it says it doesn’t require a tune and you’ll have to forgive my ignorance but wouldn’t that cause it to run rich at idle? Or is it truly a plug and play type thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Alright thanks man. I thought I remembered hearing something about making it run rich at idle without a tune but wasn’t sure. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
............. wouldn’t that cause it to run rich at idle .....................
In an MAF sensor setup, the BOV would have to be located in the intake manifold, behind the throttle plate for this to be the case. To create issues, basically the BOV just has to be before the sensor. Our USDM have a MAP sensor setup, and the BOV sits between the turbo and throttle plate.

Minus a BOV, if you have air rushing through the intake only to have the throttle plate suddenly close, it would stress and stall the turbo fan. Primary purpose of the BOV is to help prevent stall, but it also reduces the stresses it sees.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...8C599C62CCC03E4FE1BD8C599C62CCC0&&FORM=VRDGAR