Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Peron Aux Fuel System Installed

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #21
Thought he was the next best thing since sliced bread. Sounds like a problem about to happen.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

We need more information as to what he did and when he did them. We don't know if he just installed the aux fuel and tired to run it, without installing a base tune map into the ECU and a map into the Split Second controller.

I know that the controller will fire the injectors at idle, that's how I tested each injectors to see if they were firing. The injectors normally don't fire until you are WOT, that's the condition that normally needs the extra fuel. When the Split Second controller did not have a map loaded into it, I didn't try to run the car with all of the injectors connected. I connected and disconnected the injectors one at a time to see if the engine bogged, if it bogged I knew that the injector was firing and moved onto the next one and so on.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
We need more information as to what he did and when he did them. We don't know if he just installed the aux fuel and tired to run it, without installing a base tune map into the ECU and a map into the Split Second controller.

I know that the controller will fire the injectors at idle, that's how I tested each injectors to see if they were firing. The injectors normally don't fire until you are WOT, that's the condition that normally needs the extra fuel. When the Split Second controller did not have a map loaded into it, I didn't try to run the car with all of the injectors connected. I connected and disconnected the injectors one at a time to see if the engine bogged, if it bogged I knew that the injector was firing and moved onto the next one and so on.
That's what I have also done ....by unplugging an injector the car will run rich and idle will change. Then plug it back in and move to the next injector and repeat until all are verified are functioning properly. That is how I have checked to see if they were all functioning properly. Loading the Tune can be cumbersome also. I also took Slopokes advice and installed an LED light to let me know that the system is functioning! Great Idea! I'd recommend this also to others.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk