Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

springs

ROCKYFiestta

hello i plan on getting the orange kyb or if i can swing it the bilstein shocks for my car. as far as springs go i am hoping some of you might know of some springs around that fit my situation. i would like a springs that is stock height but i am looking for something superior to the stock springs as far as quality and durability. so far i have found nothing but good aftermarket springs but they all lower the ride which just will not work for the roads i travel on. any thoughts would be appreciated. worst case i will just get a new set of stockers.

I doubt anybody makes a stock height spring that's stiffer unless you go custom. The US cars sit too high, going a inch down with springs like whiteline should be perfect, thats what I just ordered from woosh's black friday sale.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #3
ah thanks for the reply probably will just get a set of new stock ones then i would love to go down an inch but my real life requires probably to go up a few inches but thats what i get for living off dirt roads lol trust me you dont want a lower car when going on washboard dirt and gravel roads. [?|]

i saw somebody here with airbags was wondering if those can go up in height as well or do they just start out at stock and go lower only?

[sadpanda]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF I had to 'live on' dirt and gravel roads, I would be getting this setup (albeit $$$$ [:(]);

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...uveAhWOm-AKHaFuDDQQMwhEKAcwBw&iact=mrc&uact=8

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...uveAhWOm-AKHaFuDDQQMwhFKAgwCA&iact=mrc&uact=8

I might eventually even get these anyway over the Koni Sport/Swifts, or Koni Sport with Ground Control coil over conversions (since GC seems to have given up on that project [mad]), IF I discover that these have a travel range which would allow for a large spring height use range for both lowering AND higher than factory ride heights/wheel travel. [wink]

Springs are springs. Many cars share similar sizes. Start doing research and find another car who's OEM springs are slightly longer, etc.

That's your best bet. Other option is to go coilovers and then tweak spring rates and lengths from there

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Durability? Are you breaking your stock springs?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dmb

Springs are springs. Many cars share similar sizes. Start doing research and find another car who's OEM springs are slightly longer, etc.

That's your best bet. Other option is to go coilovers and then tweak spring rates and lengths from there
spring are not springs call deaver springs in santa ana ca and tell him what you want. 714 542 3703 he will set you up.

Last edited:
OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #10
That's probably bushing noise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
you feel it may be the bushings on the shock/strut - the sound is very metallic and it generally only occurs while i am making a turn for example when i turn left onto a driveway while rolling not fully stopped it makes a very coil/metallic sound during the turn and stops as the car gets straight , ford sells the shock and springs together i believe so i was planning on replace the rear completely. unless there is a much cheaper solution.[sad][sadpanda]

thanks for the info i will take a closer look at the bushings then just to see if i can spot anything.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
That's very odd. Now that you describe it more, it doesn't sound like it would be bushings. I have the stock coils in good condition if you want them. Just pay shipping. I live in SE Texas so no rust. If I wipe them off they'd probably look brand new, but they have 35k miles on them.