Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Major Paint / clear imperfections on my BRAND new ST

Hey all,

So after a week of owning my brand new black fiesta ST, I notice this paint imperfection while waxing it. It’s on the roof so it doesn’t bother me too much but still, it’s ugly and shouldn’t be on my new car. Has anyone seen anything like this? Almost look like something ate the clearcoat / paint. I’m not sure if it’s a factory defect? I’m going to contact the the dealer on Monday, but thought I’d come here for advice first. Thanks.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Can you post photos?

It's not uncommon for brand new cars to have imperfections from the showroom floor from improper washing by a dealer.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Can you post photos?

It's not uncommon for brand new cars to have imperfections from the showroom floor from improper washing by a dealer.
Yep, sorry, here it is. Couldn't get it to work on my phone so I ran over to my computer.

fiestast.jpg

CSM

1000 Post Club
Weird, haven't seen that before. That almost looks like chemical etching to me. Like something spilled on it and caused the paint to bubble up. Either that or rust bubbles underneath.

Either way, that is 100% a major defect and you have every right to complain to the dealer.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
that looks like chemical contamination. Regardless, the dealer/Ford should cover it, if you bought the car like that.

Weird, haven't seen that before. That almost looks like chemical etching to me. Like something spilled on it and caused the paint to bubble up. Either that or rust bubbles underneath.

Either way, that is 100% a major defect and you have every right to complain to the dealer.
Thank you for the feedback guys. Really appreciated. I guess my initial thought of complaining I would’ve just been a nag / I wasn’t sure if it’s like a ‘tough luck’ ‘you bought it like that’ sort of thing. But, yeah I definitely will bring it up to them after the weekend. This really was not what I was expecting to be my first post LOL.

dmb

looks like it might have been on the bottom of the rail car or the car hauler and something above it leaked on it. either way don't let them get away with this. I had a friend that had a jeep fender re-painted and with end a year the fender was 4 shades lighter so make sure you get a warranty on that repair work in writing.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Got enemies or could suspect someone of pouring brake fluid on your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I advise having an expert or pro detailer taking a look. It might not be a big deal.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It looks like brake fluid got spilled on it. Though ya I would take to the dealer and go for warranty issue. The factory has screwed up on our paint. My car goes in next week for a bumper respray as it came out of the factory with remote areas of the front bumper not completely sprayed with paint in the corners by my fog lights area going to the intercooler grill. I had initially thought it was dirt but then my clear bra spotted it and I inspected it closer. Also had paint literally flaking off the inside lip part of the bumper at the intercooler opening . Took it to the dealer and took pics Ford approved warranty claim within a week.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
Update: Was approved by Ford. Entire roof is being repainted, also being provided with a lifetime warranty on the roof paint, I think the tech said on the phone...

That's from bird shit that did not get washed off in time, it will eat right through clear coat. I'm a detailer and see this literally everyday, along with bug etching from being lazy about washing off bugs in the summer. Only proper fix is repainting the panel.