Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Fiesta ST owner from Pa

Just picked up my 2018 ST and so far I love it. I learned quick it sucks in the snow but I have other cars that don't so it is all good. I am looking forward to putting some speed parts and a tune on it in the future.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Just picked up my 2018 ST and so far I love it. I learned quick it sucks in the snow but I have other cars that don't so it is all good. I am looking forward to putting some speed parts and a tune on it in the future.
welcome!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

I'm guessing that you have the Potenza SUMMER tires on yours, since yes, even in our state/area, unless you ordered the car with them (and waited a LONG time for it to show up), you do not have the Michelin Pilot Sport all seasons on a car ordered for DEALER stock.
YES, these should not even be driven on in even MINIMAL snow depths. :(

The Pilot Sports are not too bad in SHALLOW (like < 2" deep) snow, like we got here on the Delaware River this past week.
You probably got a bit more than we did here on the 'coast'?

With the PROPER winter shoes on this car, it is a BEAST in the snow, even without an added mechanical limited slip diff. [wink] [driving]

OP
enterthefist
Thread Starter #9
I had winter tires on my S2000 and it was so fun in the snow. This one I’ll just keep a dry weather handling car. Probably put some Pilot Sports on it when the current tires are worn out. Coming from Honda’s I forgot how nice torque is lol.

It's certainly a different kind of fast. Having had an AP1 S2000, and later a 2008 Civic Si, I can relate to the transition. The Si was similar in terms of HP and intent, but really different in execution.

Enjoy!