Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

just need it lowered

so heres the thing, I love the way the fist handles but I just want it to sit lower. I don't mind a stiffer ride but I don't want to change the balance of the car (example: 50% stiffer front springs but 20% stiffer rear springs). plus, im not really wanting progressive springs. im willing to sacrifice ride quality for a more consistent and predictable setup. what is the best coilover setup to maintain the balance of the car but allows me to drop the car 1.5"-2.5"? thanks

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
so heres the thing, I love the way the fist handles but I just want it to sit lower. I don't mind a stiffer ride but I don't want to change the balance of the car (example: 50% stiffer front springs but 20% stiffer rear springs). plus, im not really wanting progressive springs. im willing to sacrifice ride quality for a more consistent and predictable setup. what is the best coilover setup to maintain the balance of the car but allows me to drop the car 1.5"-2.5"? thanks
Also interested, although i want to know about lowering springs.

I want to keep my FiST as FiSTlike as possible but with a lower stance.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Mikey456

Also interested, although i want to know about lowering springs.

I want to keep my FiST as FiSTlike as possible but with a lower stance.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
That was my goal too. I just had some Swift springs installed after reading the reviews on another thread. The ride quality is similar and the car corner flatter (but turn in might be a little slower). Just got them so the springs are still stiff. A future torsion bar or extra bracing will adjust that.

I did not want to go with coil-overs because I don’t want to track the car or tinker with it. I bought it because I like the way it looks, period.

Jerickson88

That was my goal too. I just had some Swift springs installed after reading the reviews on another thread. The ride quality is similar and the car corner flatter (but turn in might be a little slower). Just got them so the springs are still stiff. A future torsion bar or extra bracing will adjust that.

I did not want to go with coil-overs because I don’t want to track the car or tinker with it. I bought it because I like the way it looks, period.
Yeah, that sums it up. I don’t want a bunch of front rake or rear squat. I wanna lower it .5” all 4 corners. After going to a 215/40, I like the stock height with the rally armors, but a hair lower would be nice too.

Mikey456

I wanted to revisit what I said about the ride quality being similar. It is stiffer by maybe 10%. I just got them so maybe they will soften a little after some miles. The car is flatter in the turns which I do like.