Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BravoAlpha intercooler install

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here we go.....This is my install of BravoAlphas intercooler....not many people know about this wonderful little piece of Equipment that is doled out by Patrick Bravo....Aka Fiestastdaily. But man I tell you what if what I'm data logging is true this is the next best thing to sliced bread for A Big Turbo setup.

Here we go....

Step one....gather all tools needed to install....Basic hand tools...

I used A low profile jack and two Jack stands with rubber inserts on the Jack's...a nice touch on not marring the pinch welds.

Then I gathered my scoot stool and creeper. Small Phillip's round short screw driver. An assortment of clip pullers....T-25 torx bit for the splash shield screws and a T30 for headlamp bolts or Large flathead screw driver of your choice if you have no toes as they will accommodate both for the headlamp screws at the top and bottom.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Start by opening the hood after getting all the Jack's setup

Start by removing the headlights on both sides they are a torx bit or large flathead I was referring to earlier.

Then unplug and remove the headlights set them a side somewhere safe as they can be stepped of or kicked...preferably on a blanket or something soft and billowy.

After the headlamp assemblies have been unplugged and removed....look down both headlamp locations and you will see the Fog lights....unplug them now.

Now you will use the T25 torx and 1/4 ratched to remove both the torx bolts from each splash shield one lower and one upper and one Clip at the bottom.

Next up are the Three bolts on each side that hold the bumper to the fender. They are all 10mm but don't quote me as I am doing this after the fact.

Updated....the Bumper will come off after each fender has the 3 bolts removed and the splash shield clips and screw....FYI. Proceed to next step after pulling the Bumper off as an assembly.

Unpack the intercooler

This is a good reference picture on the jack for size if you are curious.

It's nice and large as my hands are not small in anyway!

Remove old intercooler or factory intercooler!

Remove upper intercooler shield in order to fit in New AlphaBravo intercooler!

Remove remaining factory Intercooler brackets.

Next Get the intercooler ready by Installing the bracket that will mount it to the vehicle and I used a Trans. Jack to hold it in place as I got the bolts installed into the support on the vehicle.

Install elbows with clamps and couplers into charge hoses. I had to shorten the passenger side boost hose as I Run a Gen2 Gtx2860 Garrett pipe for the Hotside. Not sure if the factory hose with factory pipes would need the modding...but at this point who still has that shit in there anyways? Not me! It is a TIGHT fit but it goes in with some finagling! I also used blue Loctite on the bolts so they won't rattle loose somehow.

Secure the intercooler with supplied bolts to the bar that has crash sensors attached to it! You're almost there!

Take a break like I did and spend some quality time with my Doggo Special K. Aka Kody! and Yes that is an original Rancor from Return of the Jedi in the back cause I roll like that......Then go back out and install the bumper....headlights....everything in reverse order. Now get out there and Datalog the shit out of your car for your Tuner....mine is Jason@Dizzytuning! Awesome guy! He is great though! Great service! And last but not least Patrick at BravoAlpha for the massive intercooler! (Shameless plug) For both standup guys!

And I'll end with of course a Gif! Drink a beer or ginger ale if you're not into doing the whole drinky poo thing!

If you wanna PM me or have any question hit me up!

Last edited:
Glad everything worked out for you!

I'm not a forum sponsor so I won't exactly plug my product but if anyone has any questions feel free to pm me. Working on setting up the company website asap.

-Pat B.

It's a 600+hp core, absolute biggest possible with stock crash bar.

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
I was running this with an RT330 turbo kit, on a 85 degree day in Texas it showed +5 degrees on a third/fourth gear pull. Fantastic fmic.
I will agree 100% it is Great and reminiscent of the DHM without the crash bar needed as it fits perfect...but tight.....and its price perfect compared to others out there that are half the size.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
Wow, just an amazing intercooler, period, you have to be dumb to pay more for less performance... I already commented on the old stickied intercooler thread but here is the link for those interested:

https://www.bravoalphaperf.com/products/big-mutha-fist-intercooler-and-race-crash-bar-kit

And yes, $477 shipped, just awesome!
Thanks man! Again I Couldn't thank Patrick enough for this....it is truly one of the better things I've done to bring the Temps down!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I'm sure the efficiency would drastically increase if one was to put holes in the crashbar/open up the grill.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
I'm sure the efficiency would drastically increase if one was to put holes in the crashbar/open up the grill.
Meh....when you think about it....I think it would be minimal. But it makes a huge difference with my setup as is....it was noticeable after I installed it and data logged the car for Jason. To each their own... but I'd rather not lose any support i do have from the crash bar in a crash.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Meh....when you think about it....I think it would be minimal. But it makes a huge difference with my setup as is....it was noticeable after I installed it and data logged the car for Jason. To each their own... but I'd rather not lose any support i do have from the crash bar in a crash.

Yeah, I'm not saying I'd do that, just thinking outloud. This will be an option for me once I get my GTX2860

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
Yeah, I'm not saying I'd do that, just thinking outloud. This will be an option for me once I get my GTX2860
Just having this intercooler with that setup is enough and even more room to grow if desired.

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #16
BTW. How do you like the 2860? Opinions on power and spool time?
I like it a lot....I thought I wouldn't maybe like it....but now that the 93 Oct tune is almost complete it was totally worth it IMO....I almost went with a Gt2554 but got a really good deal on a Gen2 2860 that I couldn't turn down and sold the 2554. I have a port matched ATP adapter and ported factory manifold. Was it worth it....to me it was.....would I do it any different....absolutely not....it gives me room to grow also....in Hp....I'm gonna get Auxiliary fuel later on but right now it's a powerhouse and doesn't lose steam all the way up. The Bravoalpha intercooler is giving me more headroom in the area of tuning. It fits my needs Perfect!

Last edited:
I like it a lot....I thought I wouldn't maybe like it....but now that the 93 Oct tune is almost complete it was totally worth it IMO....I almost went with a Gt2554 but got a really good deal on a Gen2 2860 that I couldn't turn down and sold the 2554. I have a port matched ATP adapter and ported factory manifold. Was it worth it....to me it was.....would I do it any different....absolutely not....it gives me room to grow also....in Hp....I'm gonna get Auxiliary fuel later on but right now it's a powerhouse and doesn't lose steam all the way up. The Bravoalpha intercooler is giving me more headroom in the area of tuning. It fits my needs Perfect!
you've got the exact same setup I plan on doing next year. ported stock manifold, 2860, 93 oct. I talked to stratified briefly about what to expect and 280-290hp on good 93 was the consensus. since you're a real world example of my question, would you say that sounds about accurate?

I was playing with a FoST on the way home on the parkway the other day, idk what mods he had but he definitely made my poor FiST feel slow as ballllllllls. more motivation to get this done [:D]

Surprisingly it does not! You will have minimal gains drilling holes. (2-3 degrees difference at best).

We actually sold a race crash bar setup along with this before and saw minimal gains. That's why we pivoted to the stock bar setup to appease the need for efficiency as well as not affecting the crash characteristics. The core is just down right efficient and effective regardless. Had outperformed all the Vibrant and Garrett Cores we tested along side it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Pat Bravo

I expect you get more gains from perfectly shrouding the entrance to the I/C so no air can get around it. The whole item it is a heat exchanger so it doesn't all need to be exposed to air to get close to best efficiency.