Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BravoAlpha intercooler install

Any measurements for this intercooler? I checked their website and found nothing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
Any measurements for this intercooler? I checked their website and found nothing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
It's literally almost the same size as the Infamous DHM unit....Dont quote me here but I do believe its 24L"x10.5H"x3.5W....plus or minus half an inch. I'll ask Patrick@Bravoalpha though for an exact answer.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I just did mine last night and the fitting was a bit funky. the black bracket that attaches it, in your picture it went behind the bar. for me it was physically impossible to do this, the back of the bracket wasnt tall enough and the holes were too low, so I had to place it in front. huge pain to tighten down this way. but it's on.

Thank you for this install, I ordered one last week so should be getting it here shortly, probably acquiring my parts in the wrong order as I have yet to upgrade to a big turbo and probably won't for a while but glad to get this intercooler out of the way as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey guys!

So TyphoonFist had the original mounting bracket. We updated not long after so this install is similar but not entirely the same. The bracket goes in FRONT of the crash bar, slipping into the channel where the crash sensors reside.

The description on the website was updated when we put out the new bracket design. I should've made a post though! Feel free to message me with any questions.

-Pat Bravo

Hey guys!

So TyphoonFist had the original mounting bracket. We updated not long after so this install is similar but not entirely the same. The bracket goes in FRONT of the crash bar, slipping into the channel where the crash sensors reside.

The description on the website was updated when we put out the new bracket design. I should've made a post though! Feel free to message me with any questions.

-Pat Bravo
hey just as some constructive criticism since the mount is now in the front. the black paint on the mount, to put it nicely... kind of blows, it starts to flake really quickly so it kinda looks trashy atm. I'd say either just leave it raw

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #30
Does it effect the intercooler?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

hey just as some constructive criticism since the mount is now in the front. the black paint on the mount, to put it nicely... kind of blows, it starts to flake really quickly so it kinda looks trashy atm. I'd say either just leave it raw

Feedback appreciated!

Unfortunately, we left it raw in the beginning and had much more complaints. Adding powder-coat options just would cause an increase in price as well as delay in shipping. The whole idea of releasing this intercooler was to have the BEST bang for buck option out there. And so far, we still are.

I'm sorry about the paint. I will certainly look into more options. I hope you are satisfied with the core performance otherwise though!

-Pat Bravo

Feedback appreciated!

Unfortunately, we left it raw in the beginning and had much more complaints. Adding powder-coat options just would cause an increase in price as well as delay in shipping. The whole idea of releasing this intercooler was to have the BEST bang for buck option out there. And so far, we still are.

I'm sorry about the paint. I will certainly look into more options. I hope you are satisfied with the core performance otherwise though!

-Pat Bravo
oh the intercooler is great I have no complaints on its performance. the bracket was my only small grip. maybe offer the option to to powder coat it for an increased price and delayed shipping, some people might be ok waiting a bit longer. idk just thought I'd mention it. great product overall tho

May be a dumb question but would this intercooler be too much on a stock turbo? I’m looking to upgrade my FMIC with the thought of going big turbo eventually although just looking to do e3 for now while I save up. if I could run this with the stock turbo and not have to buy a smaller intercooler that’d be ideal.

May be a dumb question but would this intercooler be too much on a stock turbo? I’m looking to upgrade my FMIC with the thought of going big turbo eventually although just looking to do e3 for now while I save up. if I could run this with the stock turbo and not have to buy a smaller intercooler that’d be ideal.
I'm still running a stock turbo with mine, I dont see how that would be a problem yo begin with but so far I've had no issues with it. same thing I'm trying to upgrade everything with the plan being to upgrade the turbo after. I'm also running e30

I'm still running a stock turbo with mine, I dont see how that would be a problem yo begin with but so far I've had no issues with it. same thing I'm trying to upgrade everything with the plan being to upgrade the turbo after. I'm also running e30

Just wasn’t sure our baby turbo would be able to push air through that thing but definitely going to be my choice for intercooler

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

Have you noticed any difference with it more power? Any turbo lag with it being so big?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Have you noticed any difference with it more power? Any turbo lag with it being so big?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
none that I've noticed but like I said I went dizzy tune e30 so theres obviously a huge bump in power. lag in noticeable but not more so then stock

jayrod1980

Wow, this thing is nice! Wish this was available back when I upgraded my intercooler. I have the OG DHM with race crash bar and I opened up my grill as well. I also have the Mountune radiator, as the original sent temps through the roof after tuning. Would have been nice back then to not have to do the crash bar as I feel it messes up the figment of the bumper without that additional support... with the race crash bar there’s a little more gap between bumper and hood.

It’s been so long, I don’t even think I’d remember how to push the original crash bar on or whether I even have all the bolts and trim pieces. You guys with the option now are really lucky!

@fiestastdaily

If I get the Bravo Alpha intercooler is there a way to get the "BA" template so I can paint the logo blue?
Unfortunately, not at this time. I do offer the option of no logo, however.

Currently finding a cheaper solution for stencils so that we may include one in every order.

Trying to keep this kit as affordable as possible. ;)