Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Leftover 2017 ST's

A dealership contacted me based on an old thread that I posted on these forums I was no longer looking but it did pique my interest considering my Q50 lease is up and I've already had 2 Fiestas.

They have two 2017 leftover ST's on their lot with Nav, roof and recaro. I believe one is black and the other is magnetic. Both have the black wheel package. There are no incentives or Private Cash available. They are not going below their listed "Internet Price" of 22k before TTL. Dealer fees are only $75 (capped).

I just felt that they were not doing enough to grab my business so I passed on the deal.

A good deal to me would be 19k to 20k before TTL, but that would require an incentive. I kind of wish they contacted me back in July when the 2k PC was available...

Thoughts? My concern is resale value considering it is a 2017 and I can likely just wait and land a 2018 or 2019 with future incentives.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
A dealership contacted me based on an old thread that I posted on these forums I was no longer looking but it did pique my interest considering my Q50 lease is up and I've already had 2 Fiestas.

They have two 2017 leftover ST's on their lot with Nav, roof and recaro. I believe one is black and the other is magnetic. Both have the black wheel package. There are no incentives or Private Cash available. They are not going below their listed "Internet Price" of 22k before TTL. Dealer fees are only $75 (capped).

I just felt that they were not doing enough to grab my business so I passed on the deal.

A good deal to me would be 19k to 20k before TTL, but that would require an incentive. I kind of wish they contacted me back in July when the 2k PC was available...

Thoughts? My concern is resale value considering it is a 2017 and I can likely just wait and land a 2018 or 2019 with future incentives.
22k for a 17 still on lot is horrible, even with sunroof and Recaros, plus Black and Magnetic are not option colors.
To give you an example I ordered my 2018 Orange Spice Smoke storm Recaro , Ebony wheels and managed to get ot for $19,678 before tax and license. Those 17’s should be below 20k if not around 17-18k max. They have a minimum 35% or higher roll off depreciation due to being almost two years old.
Just because its still new does not wipe out year depreciation. If they can’t give you a deal you are better off either trying to get an end of year deal on a 18 or try getting one of the few 19’s that will be built as after May of 19 thats it no more.

Jerickson88

I pidb22k for my base 2016, in 2016. The date on the door tag versus when I bought the car, it had been out of production for maybe 3 weeks. They did the PDI while I was waiting. 22k wasn’t a good deal, but that was OTD price, 0% financing, and they met my monthly payment requirement.

Consider financing options with their price. If you really want the car, check the area for other prices. Maybe show them a quote for the same car from a competitor. If one dealer can make an offer, the other can honor it as well.

If they want rid of the car, they can come off the hip. If you want the car, and that’s the one you want, get it. If you want a good deal, shop around.

To be honest, these cars probably won’t be worth crap in 10 years. I’m willing to bet there will be good samples left over in that time frame that can be had for around 6-8k.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
That's a very bad price. I have sunroof only. I paid $18,300. $19,800 after tax and such. The car had just been delivered as well.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

slopoke

For my 2018, I paid 20K OTD. The only extras were the painted rims and calipers. This was in California BTW.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I would wait for better incentives on 2018/2019s. I'm sure we will see those hit maybe early next year. My guess is it will be easy to get Recaro equipped cars for $20k or less

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
Thank you for the responses. They are all in line with and confirming my thought process. I would need to be 21 or 22 OTD for this to work and that wont happen without Private Cash. I told him that I needed to be wowed by the offer and they weren't close to that. I'm pretty much being offered what anyone else would be. Very nice salesperson though. I have a feeling that they will be sitting on these cars for a while.

For what its worth the dealership is Leo Kaytes Ford in Warwick NY.

I may just go for Kia Stinger or Q50 Red Sport on a lease or see about the 2018 or 2019's.

Paid $17,900 for my 17 back in March. Got the Orange Spice, Black rims, Nav, Sunroof. $6,700 discount. Some dealers would rather let it sit. Forever on there car lot. Than lower there price. Look elsewhere.

OP
F
Thread Starter #11
Paid $17,900 for my 17 back in March. Got the Orange Spice, Black rims, Nav, Sunroof. $6,700 discount. Some dealers would rather let it sit. Forever on there car lot. Than lower there price. Look elsewhere.
Yes, they are a 2k private cash incentive away from being a great deal though. 26k MSRP. Looks like one of the two cars are gone. In either case, the dealership did not do enough for me to get my business so I passed on the deal. I'm sure someone will eventually over pay.

Any incentives or offers on that? Nav and roof or just recaro? These have all possible packages.
No incentives, just put cash down and had a trade in. It’s like I have a second cell phone bill for a few years. Lol
Only option is Recaro.

That seems way too high. I got my 17 back in March for 18K- base with black wheels. With deprecation the 2017's once bought are only worth 14-15K.

It was by far the cheapest recaro package car in the country. The cheapest base cars are a little under 17 from what I've seen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk