Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member from Portland OR

Hey everyone, I'm excited to join the forum as a proud owner of a 2018 Fiesta ST! I'm a Ford technician working at a dealership and this is my first new car. I've been in love with the Fiesta ST since it was introduced 4 years ago, and I'm lucky I didn't get banned from dealerships as I took one out for a test drive more than a few times [lovest] I knew the Fiesta was right for me over the Focus ST because of the Fiesta's size - I've always liked driving smaller cars and I feel much more confident in a car that can explore more of the road. I have had my share of experience with beater cars, (and the wonderful but sometimes painful world of modifying cars - mk1 Focus) so I finally took the plunge and jumped on this Fiesta. I remember seeing it in the new arrivals lot after leaving work and I immediately started weighing my options. The next day I decided it was my chance! It had 5 miles on it when I bought it, and to me it is perfectly built: White platinum ST3 with black wheels and grey seats without navigation.

I plan to keep this car as long as it will keep me, so I hope to refrain from going all out on the Fiesta, at least for a little while.

Mods I hope to do in the near future: LED taillights and Euro projector headlights, LED foglights, weathertec floormats, and maybe some small interior pieces like a shift boot shroud. The only thing I can think of right now that I'm not completely satisfied with is that the exterior lighting is a little dated IMO. I really think the car is about 95% of the way to looking like a 2018, but with all the great innovations in LED lighting Ford has brought over to the F150, Mustang, Edge, Fusion and others, I just want the Fiesta to look current as well.

Mods I've already done: nothing other than a set of winter wheels and tires - not entirely out of necessity, but I think that it's worth the peace of mind.

Anyways, I hope this post helps you all get to know me a bit!

KIMG1119-01.jpg

anticon

Congratulations! It's good to see another local we have a pretty good group here. Check out the WORST fb group too.

Welcome! So.many.pnw.people...I love it. We definitely have to organize a cruise when the weather starts to get nicer.

Also check out the regional section on this forum, it's towards the bottom of the home page.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard.

OP
PlatinumFiST
Thread Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I'll check out the regional page, and the facebook group too. A cruise would be rad!

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Welcome from another white platinum FiST in Lincoln City! Looking forward to seeing you on a future WORST cruise - our Banks-to-Astoria run in October was epic!

Peter

OP
PlatinumFiST
Thread Starter #13
Where do you usually get your car serviced? I'm hearing differing opinions on whether or not certain dealerships get stingy when a car comes in with modifications, and I can't say either for the one I work at yet either -
Good to hear that the last cruise was such a success, it's getting me hyped lol

Where do you usually get your car serviced?
I've had two oil changes since I bought my 2016 used (12k miles) and went both times to Skyline Ford in Salem (I live in LC and commute to Salem four days a week). For $39 they do synthetic blend oil+filter, tire rotation, and full checkup. For that price I'm happy to have them mess with it. I'll definitely keep taking it back there.

I'm hearing differing opinions on whether or not certain dealerships get stingy when a car comes in with modifications...
When I bought the car I could easily see the original owner had modded a few things (exhaust, catch can, symposer delete), but I wondered if there was anything else done. When I first brought it in to Skyline I asked them to check the car over and tell me if there were any other non-stock bits. The only other thing they found was the rear motor mount. The service writer really wasn't too fussed about any of it, though we weren't talking ECU tunes.

Good to hear that the last cruise was such a success, it's getting me hyped lol
The WORST guys I met are a fun bunch and I'm looking forward to the next get-together.

BTW, your description of why you chose a FiST is dead on to mine!

OP
PlatinumFiST
Thread Starter #16
I've had two oil changes since I bought my 2016 used (12k miles) and went both times to Skyline Ford in Salem (I live in LC and commute to Salem four days a week). For $39 they do synthetic blend oil+filter, tire rotation, and full checkup. For that price I'm happy to have them mess with it. I'll definitely keep taking it back there.

When I bought the car I could easily see the original owner had modded a few things (exhaust, catch can, symposer delete), but I wondered if there was anything else done. When I first brought it in to Skyline I asked them to check the car over and tell me if there were any other non-stock bits. The only other thing they found was the rear motor mount. The service writer really wasn't too fussed about any of it, though we weren't talking ECU tunes.

The WORST guys I met are a fun bunch and I'm looking forward to the next get-together.

BTW, your description of why you chose a FiST is dead on to mine!
I actually learned today that it's pretty relaxed as far as modifications go, but we're a bit more pricey at $49 for the same package - Landmark.

You do a lot of commuting though! With that I assume that this car is agreeable on longer drives, which will great for the drives to mount hood!

Me too! Joining their page now.

anticon

I actually learned today that it's pretty relaxed as far as modifications go, but we're a bit more pricey at $49 for the same package - Landmark.

You do a lot of commuting though! With that I assume that this car is agreeable on longer drives, which will great for the drives to mount hood!

Me too! Joining their page now.

I test drove a Fiesta ST there, and took mine there for the first couple oil changes. I remember the sales guy asked if I was planning on taking it to the track.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey everyone, I'm excited to join the forum as a proud owner of a 2018 Fiesta ST! I'm a Ford technician working at a dealership and this is my first new car. I've been in love with the Fiesta ST since it was introduced 4 years ago, and I'm lucky I didn't get banned from dealerships as I took one out for a test drive more than a few times [lovest] I knew the Fiesta was right for me over the Focus ST because of the Fiesta's size - I've always liked driving smaller cars and I feel much more confident in a car that can explore more of the road. I have had my share of experience with beater cars, (and the wonderful but sometimes painful world of modifying cars - mk1 Focus) so I finally took the plunge and jumped on this Fiesta. I remember seeing it in the new arrivals lot after leaving work and I immediately started weighing my options. The next day I decided it was my chance! It had 5 miles on it when I bought it, and to me it is perfectly built: White platinum ST3 with black wheels and grey seats without navigation.

I plan to keep this car as long as it will keep me, so I hope to refrain from going all out on the Fiesta, at least for a little while.

Mods I hope to do in the near future: LED taillights and Euro projector headlights, LED foglights, weathertec floormats, and maybe some small interior pieces like a shift boot shroud. The only thing I can think of right now that I'm not completely satisfied with is that the exterior lighting is a little dated IMO. I really think the car is about 95% of the way to looking like a 2018, but with all the great innovations in LED lighting Ford has brought over to the F150, Mustang, Edge, Fusion and others, I just want the Fiesta to look current as well.

Mods I've already done: nothing other than a set of winter wheels and tires - not entirely out of necessity, but I think that it's worth the peace of mind.

Anyways, I hope this post helps you all get to know me a bit!

View attachment 18985

You missed out on the ambient lighting that used to come in them from the factory. But you can do the mod to install it I do believe there is a thread on it somewhere here floating around. Welcome to Thunderdome......We will see how much of the mod bug you can resist before you start getting really heavy into it....[party]

I love commuting in it mainly because my commute is all highway with some nice turns over the Coast Range - no stop-and-go. My wife isn't crazy about the stiff ride, but then we have her Forester for road trips. I opted for a FiST with cloth seats as they were better suited for my one hour commute each way and those seats do a good job of supporting me on my occasional country road blasts - I probably would have gone for Recaros if I was planning to do lots of autocross or track days.

OP
PlatinumFiST
Thread Starter #20
You missed out on the ambient lighting that used to come in them from the factory. But you can do the mod to install it I do believe there is a thread on it somewhere here floating around. Welcome to Thunderdome......We will see how much of the mod bug you can resist before you start getting really heavy into it....[party]
I do have the ambient lighting, luckily. I love the violet lol

Edit: I'm not sure I'll be able to resist the bug for long. Even my coworkers were showing me all of the black Friday deals on parts!